• HDFC Bank

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kotak Mahindra

• IDFC

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Fast tag is mandatory and everybody rushing for it. From online forums we come to know many lacunas of the fast tag service provides such as recharge not reflecting wallet, Double deduction, Limited recharge options, Fast-Tag is not readable or gets banned, Poor or no customer service, Fast tag range is low needs handheld scanner etc.

Keeping all this in mind, who is the best fast tag service provider? pl. vote and share your comments. Your feedback is going to help newbie purchasing fast tag.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
It is still early stage to decide which one is good.!

From available reports all agencies are having one or another problem. Few are happy with ICICI and meantime, some others are happy with HDFC or Paytm or Equitas or Axis Bank etc.

I have 2 Tags one each from Paytm and ICICI (Paytm Tag was taken by the dealer when I purchased the new car in 2018 whereas I bought the ICICI Tag). Of the two, I found ICICI account handling seems a bit easier as they have different payment heading like Tag recharge, CUG recharge, etc. and you can recharge accordingly (for group purpose you have to recharge CUG account or for single use, one has to recharge to the Tag account. However, for Paytm, recharge to the wallet account and then transfer to Tag account..).

I felt operating ICICI account seems easy, hence I voted for ICICI.

Sbi in my city has given dealership to one vendor who is overcharging and putting only 50 as balance in the tag whereas as per sbi it should 200 as fee, 200 as security fee and 100 as balance.
Paytm on the other hand says 100 as fee, 250 security and 150 as minimum balance to maintain. I have heard mixed reviews about paytm as many of my known said that they had 250 in their balance and the toll fees was 180 but the balance didn't get deduct. The toll guys said to talk to paytm. Paytm's customer care is pathetic so they paid double the money as they were in a hurry. Later on they went to paytm's local office, as they got no replies from the mails either and they were told that minimum 150 balance needs to be there else it won't work. Just like minimum balance is required in private bank's savings account.
Many people and @Nairrk sir also said that many banks directly or through their vendors have opened booths near toll plaza's wherein they provide fastag's on the spot. I guess the price of that will be very high.
I myself need 2 fastag's but waiting as I don't want to end up with a service like paytm. One cannot buy fastag's from two different companies for a same vehicle.
Anyone know what these security charges 200-250 rs. are for? What exactly are its terms and conditions?

@Nairrk Sir is there any minimum balance limit in ICICI card? My friend got it from IOB, he tried passing a highway toll but the money didn't deduct. Later the bank told him that minimum balance of 100 is required in fastag.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
What is the difference between Tag deposit and threshhold limit?
As fas as I know:

Threshold Amount – The threshold amount is nothing but the minimum recharge amount applicable at the time of Tag activation. This amount will be fully available in your Tag account to pay for any toll charges immediately upon tag activation. However, I read some reports/complaints that PayTm or some other service providers show low balance when the minimum comes less than this Threshold amount which means you have to pay the toll in cash, until you recharge further - they are not allowing customers to use the threshold amount and you need to top up/recharge for toll payments. But ICICI & HDFC clarify that we can use this threshold amount also for toll payment (I have not yet used Fastag hence unable comment further). Whatever amount you are recharging will be added and can be used for future toll payment

Tag Deposit: It's one time refundable deposit. This is same as security deposit. They are supposed to refund this amount when we close the Fastag account.

As fas as I know:

Threshold Amount – The threshold amount is nothing but the minimum recharge amount applicable at the time of Tag activation. This amount will be fully available in your Tag account to pay for any toll charges immediately upon tag activation. However, I read some reports/complaints that PayTm or some other service providers show low balance when the minimum comes less than this Threshold amount which means you have to pay the toll in cash, until you recharge further - they are not allowing customers to use the threshold amount and you need to top up/recharge for toll payments. But ICICI & HDFC clarify that we can use this threshold amount also for toll payment (I have not yet used Fastag hence unable comment further). Whatever amount you are recharging will be added and can be used for future toll payment

Tag Deposit: It's one time refundable deposit. This is same as security deposit. They are supposed to refund this amount when we close the Fastag account.
My friend was coming from Mata Vaishno Devi yesterday. He was told his paytm fastag is blacklisted at the two tolls so he paid double amount. There is lots of confusion just like it was there after demonetization.
I applied for the icici fastag yesterday. Got a call today from their local branch that I need to open a savings bank account. Later got some message from them with an account number which I think is related to fastasg.

Do not open any account just for Fastag. It's not compulsory for one to open an account in any bank branch to avail Fastag service.
Got a call again. They said to open account or the fastag will not be dispatched. Another way of looting customers.
Check this

Attachments

Nairrk

Honoured Member
In that case you approach Paytm or Axis Bank or Equitas. Open an account just for Fastag is waste, as then you may have to maintain minimum balance etc etc..

I've been using Paytm fastag for almost 2 years now. When i ordered it, gettig and activating it was a breeze and took just a week for everything. Loading it is very simple and i just need to top up my regular Paytm wallet to keep enough balance. Tag reading problems are usually due to the reader at the booth. So far, I've been charged wrongly on one return trip and the refund took about 3 weeks and multiple emails.
I will continue with Paytm as loading the wallet is easy.

Thread Starter #13
Friends finally I purchased Airtel fast-tag. Hassle free, just upload RC front and back photo and done. Yesterday I used it on Pune Kolhapur highway. Worked perfectly. Detection is very fast and opens Also deducted proper return journey fairs. Overall very good experience.

BTW: I found very little fast tag users. All lanes accepting cash except 'ETC' lane where there is double fine if you enter without fast tag. What happened to double fine for not having fast tag?

Caution: DO NOT link your fast tag to bank account for automatic deduction. Lots of reports of fraud. Recharge fast tag wallet manually with debit card or whatever method suitable.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Last week we travelled on a mini bus which do not have the Fastag which resulted waiting in the cash lane for about 30/35 minutes in each toll plaza . Not only private buses/travellers standing on the cash lane, but there were many private cars also was on the line. Are they still trying that they can escape from paying the penalty? Luckily no toll plaza is charging any penalty (double fine) as yet, but believe from February 1st it will be implemented.

Top Bottom