Best Engine Oil Additive?

Hi,
There are many manufacturers which recommend using engine, gear & fuel additive ex-TATA, Hyundai,Chevrolet,Maruti etc (mostly using mineral oil). Many other manufacturers do not recommend ex- VW,Skoda,Audi,BMW etc (synthetic oil is used). Additives manufacturers claims to improve mileage,power and what not. But scientists have found out they do many harms to engine than good. According to me if a car manufacturers recommend you using additives it is safe to use if you do not find any improvement stop using it. And if a manufacturer doesn't recommend using Additive DO NOT EVEN THINK TO USE. It will damages rubber seal in engine or fuel hose costing you a lots of money.
Hope it helps you guys.[:D]

Back in 2004-05, My mechanic used to pour Synthetic oil (Can't recall brand now) with Nulon on my Hero Honda Passion+. I also used to get Shell Super Petrol. Bike was running very smooth with this configuration and never had to kick it second time even during winters, mileage was 65+ always. I drove it for 55,000 KM, and sold it to a close friend who is still using it without any fuss.
I am not brave enough to try it on my TDCI Figo as there is no recommendation from Ford.
Just sharing my experience to help your decision.

We need to understand what extra this additive contains apart from regular engine oil.. These additives contain more and more of friction reducers. Standard oils contain them in less quantity because they are pollutants. You can add an engine oil additive, it would give you a smooth feel initially. But, in the long run, they are poison to the catalytic convertor. Also, very less friction is also not the correct way to go.
The recommended engine oil for your car is the best treatment which one can give to his engine. All other stuff (for some cars even fully synthetic oils) are pure marketing.

We need to understand what extra this additive contains apart from regular engine oil.. These additives contain more and more of friction reducers. Standard oils contain them in less quantity because they are pollutants. You can add an engine oil additive, it would give you a smooth feel initially. But, in the long run, they are poison to the catalytic convertor. Also, very less friction is also not the correct way to go.
The recommended engine oil for your car is the best treatment which one can give to his engine. All other stuff (for some cars even fully synthetic oils) are pure marketing.
Cant agree more. But i have seen differences in vehicles using these additives. And they havent caused any problems yet even after many 10's of thousands of kms.

The only one which i think is any good would be XADO or NanoEnergiser.

Please Suggest Engine Oil Additive

during last service of my vista (600km before)engine flush was not done due to some reason and performance of the car is till rough [anger] after oil change(crb turbo 15w40) now i want to is there any additive which can be used with engine oil till next oil change.don't want to change oil right now [cry]

Top Bottom