Best Diesel Rocket For Rs.6 Lakhs (On-Road)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well congrats in advance for your car to come in.Punto looks good in all colors except silver
or try Tuscan Wine i liked it especially with black alloys when i saw one,it was really looking like a race car
My friend has one in exotic red,he has painted the stock rims matt black & has black tint to match,it looks insane!
Sadly tata service does not match the car standards,another friends white punto was given for paint job at concord dairy circle,after some days when he got it back there was bubbling in the paint,they re did the job,but I feel service was the main reason for me to stay away from this beauty.

I asked them to give it before diwali. Mostly by 19th or by 24th.
Anyways since you were looking for a diesel rocket & the punto diesel IS NOT!

Probably later you can have a Kiirus Ecu remap which I read else where,according to the article stock punto takes
0-100 =17.84
0-120 =27.29
After Ecu remap
0-100 =15.21
0-120 =22.58

Cost should be around 21000,dealer warranty can be void if modification is detected
Oh & just for comparison acceleration figures of punto 90hp
0-100 =16.40
0-120 =23.60

Congrats Bharath and to your friend for booking the italian hatch,Granade punto,one of may favorite hatches and I admire it.

I am posting some words from top gear India's ford figo vs chevy beat comparo(diesel)

There isn’t a doubt that the Figo is longer and wider than the Beat, the figures show a clear distinction, but that doesn’t necessarily translate to usable space inside the car. The Chevy uses its tall design rather well to provide enough space for four adults with just enough legroom at the back and while you’d expect a more appreciative comment about the Figo’s space, well, there isn’t enough to make one. The only area where the Figo’s longer footprint seems to matter is the size of the boot, which again is quite useful. There is one final area where the Beat could manage to claw back a few points and possibly stage an upset over the Figo.
Starting up the 936cc, 3-cylinder diesel in the Beat isn’t something that qualifies as a memorable moment. The vibration and noise from the tiny motor is evident and shutting your windows doesn’t block it out. Get a move on with it and the engine does smoothen out a great deal and by the time you’ve hit about 2500-3000rpm you barely take notice of what’s going on under the hood. Motoring with the 58bhp isn’t brisk in any sense of the word despite the car weighing just over a ton, but once you climb up to 2000rpm responses get much better. Flat out acceleration times seem rather meaningless with the two cars involved in this duel, but for the number geeks – the Beat takes 17.8 seconds to reach a 100kph compared to the Figo’s 17. Not a whole lot to choose from there. Both cars even manage to crawl past the 140kph mark if you find a long enough road
This automatically suggests that the Figo should be the more drivable car, however, that’s not the case. The Beat with it’s tiny motor and 150Nm of torque peaking at an incredibly low 1750rpm and with no evidence of turbo lag recorded far better times during our in gear acceleration tests. The Figo experiences a rather pronounced lag in power before the 160Nm of torque kicks in at 2000rpm with the turbo spooling up at the same time. To make our decision a little tougher, the Beat managed to out do the Figo every time we stopped at the pump for a refill returning an average of 17kpl to the Ford’s 15.

Anyways since you were looking for a diesel rocket & the punto diesel IS NOT!

Probably later you can have a Kiirus Ecu remap which I read else where,according to the article stock punto takes
0-100 =17.84
0-120 =27.29
After Ecu remap
0-100 =15.21
0-120 =22.58

Cost should be around 21000,dealer warranty can be void if modification is detected
Oh & just for comparison acceleration figures of punto 90hp
0-100 =16.40
0-120 =23.60
What is the price for Pete's tuning box? Never heard of KIIRUS ECU remap though ?

What is the price for Pete's tuning box? Never heard of KIIRUS ECU remap though ?
No idea about the petes tuning box I am guessing its around the 20,000 mark
Petes tuning box as far I know changes the reading given by the air mass meter & makes your engine run rich,adding a more fuel to air ratio,that is why they emit more dark smoke,I remember an optra magnum with tuning box with dark smoke on its bumper area :P

As for the ecu remap from kiirus I came across it among my library of auto magazines,its mentioned in July 2010 Overdrive magazine

I got all the acceleration figures from there including the 90hp punto which they had tested in that issue.

My punto90hp does 0-100kmph in 13.7 secs (yes it does after the engine open up) with a driver and co pax, to be sure we have tried it 4 times on same roads up and down.

well I am not very much impressed with there two digit figure so it is better to disregard it and enjoy the ride in stock conditions without tampering the warranty.
Else buy a Fiat T-jet and Modify it .
I am sure T-jet can deliver 0-100 in 9'ish seconds plus added stability and safety.(honda city is big NO-NO here.

My punto90hp does 0-100kmph in 13.7 secs (yes it does after the engine open up) with a driver and co pax, to be sure we have tried it 4 times on same roads up and down
what are the mods you have made to the car to achieve this figure & what instruments did you use to time the 0-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom