Best Diesel Rocket For Rs.6 Lakhs (On-Road)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AMG,
And also, the new swift produces 90 BHP
And where did you get those figures? Even the petrol motor(powerful than diesel) in swift only has 87 BHP.

I think Figo EXI/ZXI is good with features when compared to the Punto Active.
And regarding the engine Punto scores over Figo so if you are an driving enthusiast Better to take on punto.Or for sharp handling Figo is a good bet.
Check with the dealers for the offers too,think they might not have for figo but heard punto has some offers or discounts over the edge.

Thread Starter #18
Here is the attachment:
@AMG,

And where did you get those figures? Even the petrol motor(powerful than diesel) in swift only has 87 BHP.

I think Figo EXI/ZXI is good with features when compared to the Punto Active.
And regarding the engine Punto scores over Figo so if you are an driving enthusiast Better to take on punto.Or for sharp handling Figo is a good bet.
Check with the dealers for the offers too,think they might not have for figo but heard punto has some offers or discounts over the edge.
Thanks For the attachment. But there are many changes in it. Ford has reduced features in Figo for the EXI and ZXI variants.

EXI has no music system, no Tachometer, no antenna.

ZXI has no rear wiper, no electronic mirrors.

And as for the price EXI is 5.95 onroad chennai without any discounts. ZXI is 6.20 onroad chennai. Ford has increased the price and reduced the features for the FIGO and moreover Road Tax is gone up in Tamil Nadu thanks to new govt.[frustration]

Best Diesel Rocket For Rs.6 Lakhs (On-Road)?

where did swift diesel produce 90bhp???
Punto is 6.12 onroad for the Active variant with that i am getting nearly 50k discounts on it plus 4yrs or unilimited kms warranty. So the onroad price is around 5.60. Rest 40k i have got budget to spend on alloys and ICE.[cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:
Aint, swift and ritz both sharing same engines from maruti, so if you dont want to wait for a whole year, better go and have a test drive on ritz,its worth the money to put if you aint hater of its backend.Its sits you taller, it spacious as well as decent boot space.

Punto is 6.12 onroad for the Active variant with that i am getting nearly 50k discounts on it plus 4yrs or unilimited kms warranty. So the onroad price is around 5.60. Rest 40k i have got budget to spend on alloys and ICE.[cheers]
Oh if you are getting that much of discounts then you can buy punto with yor eyes closed and this forum is flooded with lots of punto owners and the responses have been good on their part truly,Anyway refer these exhaustive ownership threads of punto owners:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nde-punto-90hp-detailed-ownership-review.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-punto-red-emotion-mjd-2-years-ownership.html

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...alian-horse-bossa-nova-white-pics-pg-5-a.html

Drive the swift diesel and you will forget all others. Trust me after driving the DDIS you wont feel like driving any other cars which are mentioned. The punch and torque it gives @ 2K RPM is just addictive. Once you learn how to keep it in the torque band you can feel minimum turbo lag. I have a Dzire VDI and in my opinion DDIS is the only car that you can call a diesel rocket in that price band. If you are OK with the waiting period than its worth it.

Thread Starter #22
Drive the swift diesel and you will forget all others. Trust me after driving the DDIS you wont feel like driving any other cars which are mentioned. The punch and torque it gives @ 2K RPM is just addictive. Once you learn how to keep it in the torque band you can feel minimum turbo lag. I have a Dzire VDI and in my opinion DDIS is the only car that you can call a diesel rocket in that price band. If you are OK with the waiting period than its worth it.
But i cant wait so long. Heard in news now again Suzuki plant is on strike. So i feel the cars wont come out now.

Than Go for Figo. Indca Vista Quadrajet is also a good competitor if you are not worried about the Tata taxi Image. I myself own a Indica V2 Turbo for the past 6 years and i am very much satisfied with it.

Hey Drivetech4 i would have loved to join you guys tomorrow. But unfortunately i wont be able to do it as i already have some plans tomorrow.
Never mind, please share your contact details through PM, so that we can be in touch, will inform you about the similar event in Future.

@ Bharathj85,

Go for Figo and chill. 87BHP, 90BHP or 69BHP, what actually boils down to is the drive-ability and Figo gives the punch you are looking for and feel of a rocket. Mind you it is not a rocket and rockets are for the skies and not for the roads. [;)]

Thread Starter #29
There are already 4 Figo's in my family. In my street and in my area there are hell lot of Figo's and Swifts. Going to TD Punto today. Will share my thoughts and opinion by today.

Thread Starter #30
Guys just Test Drove the Fiant Punto Emotion Pack model today. Car feels amazing but i can feel the turbo lag when compared to Figo and the Swift.

Nevermind the main point i wanted to make is the handling and the suspension. My area there is no roads at all. I felt the cars suspension looked and performed awesome. Dad felt very much comfortable in the backseat compared to Figo. The seats are taller and he finds it easy to jump in and jump out.

Mom felt like my ikon standing in my house. Rather the size that she was mentioning.

Overall experience was good and very much satisfactory.

Will be booking the Car tomo morning. But still in dilemma with the color to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom