Best Diesel Rocket For Rs.6 Lakhs (On-Road)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Guys as you are aware i sold my Ikon and looking out a diesel car with On road price not exceeding 6 lakhs.

My choices are:

Fiat Grande Punto Active
Ford Figo EXI
Tata Vista LS
Ritz LDI
Chevy Beat LS
Swift LDI
Polo Trendline

AMG

Suspended
Hmm lets use (my favourite) policy of elimination

Fiat Grande Punto Active
Ford Figo EXI
Tata Vista LS
Ritz LDI
Chevy Beat LS
Swift LDI
Polo Trendline

No use considering the Ritz if you have the Swift on the list.

Beat diesel and a rocket. HAHAHAHA You just made my day. Nice sense of humour mate.

The Vista's boat like handling wont do you any favours either.

Which leaves us with the Punto, Figo Swift and Polo.

Figo is currently the best diesel hatchback in the market(openion of me + every major auto magazine)

The Punto is a great handler, but no use unless you buy the 90HP version.
It is outright slow.

The swift has a 3 month waiting period.

Polo diesel, hmmmm, excels in nothing really, not a great rocket either.

My pick: Figo

Exactly as AMG mentioned. Figo is a mean machine, Polo is also not bad. Choose either of them. The swift's waiting period will make you forget you are buying a new car[lol]

Best diesel rocket ? What exactly you want ? Can you please elaborate more on this ?

Thread Starter #5
Hmm lets use (my favourite) policy of elimination

Fiat Grande Punto Active
Ford Figo EXI
Tata Vista LS
Ritz LDI
Chevy Beat LS
Swift LDI
Polo Trendline

My pick: Figo
Exactly as AMG mentioned. Figo is a mean machine, Polo is also not bad. Choose either of them. The swift's waiting period will make you forget you are buying a new car[lol]
Swift has a waiting period of 7 months for LDI and 8 months for VDI.
Polo - am still worried about the 3 cylinder pot. Heard there is hell lot of engine noise inside the cabin.

This brings me to 2 cars - Ford Figo & Fiat Punto

Swift has a waiting period of 7 months for LDI and 8 months for VDI.
Polo - am still worried about the 3 cylinder pot. Heard there is hell lot of engine noise inside the cabin.

This brings me to 2 cars - Ford Figo & Fiat Punto
I have made a small comparison between Figo and Punto here have a look at it:
I am not sure about the prices so please check it with dealers,and Figo ZXI i think is a best option

when Vista shares the same engine as Swift, how come Vista becomes a boat?
Maybe he never travelled in Indica Vista, just assumed it from reviews. (ImO Indica vista is better than i20, which is definitly a boat but rarely anybody have guts to mention it.)

but TS asked for a Rocket hatch..then figo is definitely not.
SwiftD wins.

Maybe he never travelled in Indica Vista, just assumed it from reviews. (ImO Indica vista is better than i20, which is definitly a boat but rarely anybody have guts to mention it.)

but TS asked for a Rocket hatch..then figo is definitely not.
SwiftD wins.
I 100 % agree to you Jaydev,[thumbsup]

Guys as you are aware i sold my Ikon and looking out a diesel car with On road price not exceeding 6 lakhs.

My choices are:

Fiat Grande Punto Active
Ford Figo EXI
Tata Vista LS
Ritz LDI
Chevy Beat LS
Swift LDI
Polo Trendline
No offences buddy but none of the above are ROCKET or even close to that for the sake of saying. If you really want a rocket I can see only only 2 options :

1. Elantra CRDI + petes box : Amazing handling and comfort. In gear acceleration can make any driver sweat his pants. But only downside is finding a clean example.

2. Fiesta TDCi : Fiesta has already proven itself as a driver's car. It has awesome torque and very minimal turbo lag. Plenty of samples floating.

If used are not an option at all then my closest bet would be on Swift. It's fast and peppy.

freakdude.

Since you do not want to go over the 6 Lakh on road price ,I guess Ritz,Figo,Vista & Beat are things you would most likely look forward to cos of decent running costs.

1 Ritz is fast enough,silent engine(good sound deadening),good quality interiors(dash),has lot of small storage spaces,turbo has lag & then has a sudden rush,good service options available since its a Maruthi,also good mileage.

2 Figo is a hot seller,not very fast,good handling on highway,you sit very low in comparison to other cars on the list,interiors not that great(lock handle feels cheap),bonnet release is on passenger side(weird),steering sends vibrations at low speeds,has a surprisingly good sized boot,service I cannot comment on.

3 Vista is fast,visibility is a bit less thanks to a higher mounted dashboard,everyone in the car can see what speed you are doing cos speedo sits in the center(not a good thing is you have speed conscious passengers),you tend to drive this car faster thanks to good gearing ratios,you sit higher up than other cars on the list,service quality is questionable depending on dealer,service costs are the least here as long as you dont opt for cleaning jobs.

4 Beat is least spacious,can only seat 4,has an incredibly tiny boot which has no cladding(exposed metal),has a somewhat high mounted dashboard,interior quality is good,not very fast,suppose to be cheaper to run per km than an Enfeild,has ac compressor cut off when you accelerate,it is a 3 cylinder & it will get very noisy as you clock many km,rear doors do not have quarter panels(can get claustrophobic for rear passengers),has smooth power delivery,Chevy offers you an attractive maintenance package

I have driven all the above cars for a good amount of time(all of whom have clocked good kms) & observed them well,I hope I have helped you in reaching a decision

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
when Vista shares the same engine as Swift, how come Vista becomes a boat?
I said "HANDLING" and not performance.

Handling has nothing to do with the engine.

And also, the new swift produces 90 BHP.

Last edited by a moderator:

AMG

Suspended

Vista has a very soft handling, and so does i20.
They are both boats.

And we are talking about handling, not engines here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom