Best Commuter Bike?? (Now Bought Pulsar)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
hi guys, i have sold off my tvs apache last week and i am now in search for new bike for myself in the same 150cc range.The ones i have shortlisted are Honda Unicorn and Bajaj Pulsar.I know there's nothing new in both these vehicles but then no other seems to be viable.My daily run is approx 40 to 50 kms, am looking for a decent bike which is easy to ride, easy on pocket and also can handle abuse of roads where i am suppose to travel.I also thought of Suzuki Gsr, but no sure to go for it as they have very less network and also i have heard of their rusting issues with that bike.Still suggestions are welcome and if the owners of these 150cc bikes can share their real time mileage.
Now what else am i looking in my bike is its easy for two adults to travel, also easy to travel short distance with family, means wife and kid can sit easily where apache was a bit issue.I am 6'1",so after all thoughts i shortlisted these two bikes on which i am thinking for pulsar, as earlier ones had some knocking problems which i have heard are gone now, also engine is more refined one on new pulsars, and i have seen it able to handle pretty much abuse of roads easily.Unicorn is also a good contender but honda's attitude to just sell vehicle, to hell with service is making me to think about them, and also there's nothing then its engine which exites u on unicorn but still can go for it.So please do share your thought and advice on which bike to go for.
Does anyone know how much does a thunderbird cost on road?

Last edited:

Arun

Suspended
I absolutely HATE the CBZ X-treme. The Pulsar 150 has a gem of an engine. It is a great balance of power and economy. The Honda Unicorn comes in second. Beautiful bike, recently got an update. The CB Unicorn is a viable option.

So, your options are
1) Pulsar 150
2) CB Unicorn

My pick, the Pulsar. Happy choosing.

EDIT: A Thunderbird will cost you a little over 1,15,000 on road. [:)]

My take- Yamaha FZ16 or FZS. But if you are keen on going for Unicorn do td the new entrant CB Unicorn Dazzler, whose ride is more exciting compared to the regular Unicorn. I wont recommend Pulsar to you since it has been around for quite some time and looks dated(to me).

Below are some REAL fe figures.
1. Pulsar 150: 50-58kmpl
2. Yamaha FZS/16: 50-55kmpl
3. Yamaha R15: 35-40kmpl
4. Honda CB Unicorn: 50kmpl
5. Honda CB Unicorn Dazzler: 55-60kmpl

If you are worried about services from Honda then i will suggest not to bother about it. You can give your bike to a good mechanic for services after your free services are over(they are compulsary ones to avoid warranty void).

Since you travel 40-50km. The at most concern comes to my mind is the comfort and ease of drive as you mentioned.

My vote goes to Unicorn. However, TD your options and then decide which suits you the best. [:)]

Thread Starter #10
thankyou all for your feedback, has anyone driven bajaj avenger 200, if so hows the bike which has not been able to make any noise in market, is that worth tryin?

Well Bajaj servicing is also not very good , i say because i own a Pulsar 150c! Even the reliability and durability has gone down a bit after 3 years now. I have started facing a few problems ( nothing too serious) recently. I get a FE around 55kmpl in full city conditions even now.

As you are tall both these bikes should be comfortable enough for you. TD both and decide finally!

Thread Starter #13
sorry for some break in between, just wait till tomorrow as i am buying my new bike.Thank you all for your inputs.

Thread Starter #15
Finally my ride comes home

As i said yesterday, today is the day when i get hold of my new bike.After quite long thoughts, test drives of different make,models i finally set my hands and bums [;)] on Bajaj Pulsar 150CC DTS-i.I know many of you want to know why did i choosed this bike over quite others available in market even for this bike which is in market for quite long time and same looks,would do so, give me some time to write my review in few days.Posting some pictures i took after geting this machine home.Thank you all for your support and suggestions and also for going through this ownership thread.CHAO.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom