Best Car With-in Rs.9 Lakhs Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice write up. BTW dont you think Honda City onroad price will exceed Sriharshas frnz budget
yes it would.Ask him to TD Linea, and Verna diesels and decide on his choice.
Linea is a good car with all good features one needs but a bit underpowered.Would recommend Manza only if he doesnt like any of above said cars.Manza wont give him that upmarket feel that these other cars like verna,linea and fiesta would give.+ he's spending 9Lacs so choose either of the cars.If he can stretch some more, say a lac Corolla Altis is a good car to own.

Manza wont give him that upmarket feel that these other cars like verna,linea and fiesta would give.+ he's spending 9Lacs so choose either of the cars.
Vijay, i don't agree with you here.
Yes Manza is cheaper in price, but the features and comfort level is as par with other in the class, like verna, fiesta or linea.

And everybody is telling Linea is underpowered, since we don't have any owner here and we don't have test drive report, but i hear this mostly who don't own it. If you search internet, linea owners are quite satisfied with its power. Same thing was told about Punto also initially, but i can say its not at all underpowered. These cars have sufficient power for normal driving.

Yes Manza is cheaper in price, but the features and comfort level is as par with other in the class, like verna, fiesta or linea.

And everybody is telling Linea is underpowered, since we don't have any owner here and we don't have test drive report, but i hear this mostly who don't own it. If you search internet, linea owners are quite satisfied with its power. Same thing was told about Punto also initially, but i can say its not at all underpowered. These cars have sufficient power for normal driving.
Dont take it personally buddy, but I too have heard of Linea engine of being a bit underpowered (petrol one), not about punto.

About Manza, the fit and finish of even manza is not very good as compared to Linea. We have a Vista quadrajet some months old whicch has started rattling and again the same lousy response from T.A.S.S. Thats why even i would recommend to TD linea if budget extentions are not possible. Even with 10 lacs i would have prefered Linea. Looks cte and classy.

i do understand what you wanna say RSM, but you dont drive alone always, and its not just normal city drives for few kms for which one owns or buys a new car, overall grossly its underpowered for its weight ratio, try to drive one with 4 adults and few baggage and you would know what am i saying.Its a superb car from Fiat but i wish they give more powerful engine to current model.Still its one's own choice and needs and opinion may differ too.This is mine.Thats why i asked him to test drive it before making decision with few friends/family members to know the car and its power better.

AFAIK the an upgraded engine for linea is oncards. I think it will be showcased in the Autoexpo in Jan2010

@ Zinam ... great summary!!
But ignoring the best selling car?
If most of the driving is going to see one or two people in the car, the rear seat is not that big an issue, is it?
Thanks Aditya.

Yes. I agree its one of the VFM & best selling sedan.

Will recommend if personal driving all time.

I felt the rear space is one thing which we shouldn't compromise on an sedan.

The purpose of sedan will get defeated here easily. [cheers]

well linea does 150+ easily on the highways and return 20+ mileage easily!
15000/1year service interval ++ loads of features.
linea should be the choice!
nails every other car in c+ segment.

well linea does 150+ easily on the highways and return 20+ mileage easily!
15000/1year service interval ++ loads of features.
linea should be the choice!
nails every other car in c+ segment.

I agree to most of your facts, but 20+ mileage? Does it really deliver that even on highways?

I agree to most of your facts, but 20+ mileage? Does it really deliver that even on highways?
well i was talkin about the highways only. infact one of the members at ******** quoted a mileage of 33+ in his linea without AC!! i can post the link if anyone requires.
i am not sayin that it will give everyone 33kmpl but it gives 20+ on highways

Ok. Hey you dont need to put that link here. I wont comment on that 33+ mileage(maybe it was some Mileage rally), but i havnt heard of this figure from any other linea owner.I will just check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom