Best Car With-in Rs.9 Lakhs Range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
hey guys .
one of my friends is planning to buy a new car within 9 lakhs range. his monthly running is about 200 kms with frequent highway usage nearing to 1k kms per trip. so he is confused between a diesel or a petrol. he is currently having a tata indigo sx. he is somewhat bent towards the manza. i have just asked him to hold his thoughts until my friends in TAI give their suggestion and he has agreed. so i need to know from you guys the best car within the budget(preferrably diesel according to him; petrol also ok according to me). he is looking for a 3 box car and not a 2 box. his major considerations are FE, VFM and easy maintainance. so i would like my friends here to please do a comparision between the cars of this segment and please let me know.

hey guys .
one of my friends is planning to buy a new car within 9 lakhs range. his monthly running is about 200 kms with frequent highway usage nearing to 1k kms per trip. so he is confused between a diesel or a petrol. he is currently having a tata indigo sx. he is somewhat bent towards the manza. i have just asked him to hold his thoughts until my friends in TAI give their suggestion and he has agreed. so i need to know from you guys the best car within the budget(preferrably diesel according to him; petrol also ok according to me). he is looking for a 3 box car and not a 2 box. his major considerations are FE, VFM and easy maintainance. so i would like my friends here to please do a comparision between the cars of this segment and please let me know.
Where is he based?
Just asked, coz the A.S.S. may be a factor.
Also, just 200km per month ... guy is lucky to be working so close to home!!
He can take a good long look at the Fiat Linea, before he looks elsewhere, maybe!!

For 9 lakh diesel sedan, only options i can see is Manza, Dzire, Linea.
If you have good TATA dealer in your city, i would recommend Linea or Manza. Otherwise Dzire.

For petrol, he has other options like Honda City, SX4, Fiesta.

Oh. i thought every Tata dealer has Fiat cars with them.
@sriharsha- If hes happy with his IndigoSX and its A.S.S, then I dont think Manza will be a problem for him.

Well, looks like a lot of people are recommending the Linea!!
And you should not have any A.S.S problems either (touchwood!!)

Linea is a great blend of classy italian looks and a great diesel engine. If i had to spend those 9lacs, i would have surely gone in for Linea.

But the current Linea is under-powered right?? And it is mentioned he is going for frequent highway trips. So if he can wait till next year then its better buying the upgraded Linea with the turbo-charged 1.4L engine.

I would recommend diesel only for his running. Either Fiesta , Linea , Dzire or Manza.

Fiesta- heard that not easy to maintain as spare parts are costly. But a great driver's car in city as well as Highways!
Linea- definitely a great VFM car but again heard that underpowered in Highways , worth waiting for the upgraded engine.
Dzire- Again a great VFM car but very dull and boring interiors. But excellent MASS and cheap to maintain.
Manza- Though its new to the market have read good reviews about it. Worth buying if you have a good TASS in your locality. Definitely the best car ever from TATA with loads of features. A VFM car and TATA Vehicle's have never disappointed in FE either!!

BTW why not consider also the premium hatches like i20 CRDI or Fabia?? I guess even the Top-end models of these cars can be bought in his budget!!!

Last edited:
Hey Harsha!

Here are my suggestions!

These are the cars which come in my mind. Have written with the short verdict on all.

Tata Indigo Manza Aura (ABS) Quadrajet

Best VFM Car with Extra-Odinary Comfort & Features.

Fiat Linea Emotion Pk 1.3 MJD

Nice Car. Bit Underpowered due to its weight. Worth waiting for 1.6 engine.

New Ford Fiesta 1.4 SXi TDCi ABS

Best Driver's Car. Not great in feature list. But worth the bucks. Ford ASS is minus here.

Swift Dzire ZDi

Best Selling car in the segment. But I ignore this because of the Rear Space & Comfort Levels of this car. You have so many good cars for this price

New Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 MAX TCDi

Most powerful car in this segment. Call it as Miracle Engine. Perfect car for sprinters & you get a huge discount! But its totally aged & will be out of market soon.

New Hyundai Verna CRDI VGT SX 1.5

Nice City/Highway car. Not great in looks, But the Under the hoods, Brilliant performer.

Maruti SX4 Zxi

Better to stay away as its a petrol car & gives mileage of around 9-11kmpl. Not worth the money spent.

New Honda City 2008 1.5 S MT

Best Petrol car with excellent mileage. Even stands as rival for few diesel car. If you need a super silent engine with sophisticated looks. This is the best choice for you.

Final Verdict

If I am going to buy, I will be buying one out of these three Manza, Fiesta & City.
We have seen lot of Fiestas & Citys. Manza stays close to my heart because of VFM & Excellent Comfort.

@ Zinam ... great summary!!
But ignoring the best selling car?
If most of the driving is going to see one or two people in the car, the rear seat is not that big an issue, is it?

Nice write up. BTW dont you think Honda City onroad price will exceed Sriharshas frnz budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom