Best Car Under Rs.11 Lakhs?

The verna has better 0-100 kmph timings but the driving comfort of an SUV is unmatched. That commanding seating position, space, respect, etc. is something the Verna wont offer.
Raj bhai,there is a small confusion in my mind.What it is?
I am yet to drive an SUV(from Bolero to Audi Q5)which has better driving comfort(literally) than any sedan.
About seating position and space I don't know but about respect I am sure a Corolla always get more respect than an XUV or say Aria.Really everyone even the cops also respect the big sedans not the SUVs.

Yes, compared to the Verna, XUV has some small niggles but Mahindra is doing it's best to help it's customers, so I would still prefer it over the Verna.
Buddy,being true the XUV is a better package than the Verna thing.The Verna is a sort of car that at 140 kph both XUV and Verna are equally scary to handle.So despite of being a sedan,its not better riding and handling than SUVs.So I am with XUV in front of Verna.Small issues arise in big vehicles,no big problem it is.

And guys dont worry about the waiting period thatz not for me... :)
My dad is a politician so there will b no waiting period....
Even mine was also,but still we had to wait for getting an Innova,but yes you can pay some amount in black and some VIP quota thing(if it exists) and sources and you get the vehicle within hours.Even I have also experienced this.

Now my budget is 12.5 lakh tell me the best car suits me...
My priorities are firstly looks than power than luxary n at last fuel (diesel)...

And what about Maruti suzuki XA Alpha?
When first priority is looks,then power,then luxury and last is fuel then why not a petrol car.There are some great cars like Honda City,Honda Civic,Toyota Corolla etc which can be yours at about the said price(or somewhat higher).
And still if you want a diesel,then change your priority list and I'd advise to go for a Skoda Rapid.Verna is a big NO for me.I love driving on highways,I love doing insane speeds and I never want to get scared or see my car handling nervously at 150+ kph speed.Verna lacks back seat comfort,even front seats are also not that comfy as of a City or Linea T-Jet or say a Vento/Rapid despite of having a good driving position and good ergonomics.
Verna seriously lacks dynamics,it has got 4 wheel disk brakes,but still any two wheel disked car like City,Vento or Rapid stops before the Verna.
Yes design,FE,maintenance and A.S.S. favors Verna and its really a VFM car.Now its upon you that what sort of car you want.
You said your father is a politician,that automatically means he is chauffeur driven and being a politician he may need to visit many places where there are good roads,bad roads or even no roads,so an SUV can be better there,then I'd say 'XUV' again or if you can wait then may be new Safari.

So you like XUV much better than verna ..
As my first priority is looks, tell me is verna much better or XUV in looks...
And can anybody tell me about XA alpha?
Dude,buy any car available in market,even Maruti Suzuki itself don't know when they will bring this XA Alpha thing in market.In my views,the aggression of XUV is unbeatable and it looks like a complete SUV too,hence for me its XUV which looks better.
If you want to see an odd looking part of Verna then simply look at it from backside and you will notice a cumbersome boot with nearly flat looking rear windshield.It looks extremely odd to me,about you I don't know because taste of every person is different.

Dude my first priority is looks and i dont think rapid or vento looks much better than verna fluidic...
Then go and book the fluidic,you yourself have answered your query.WHY NOT A FIAT LINEA?Its the most well proportioned looking Sedan with really killer looks.

So u all want me to buy XUV 500.
Fine than tell me the exact price of it.
N i want the highest model.

I want only diesel.
Will i get cruz in 12.5 lakh?
I need the highest model even if itz verna fluidic or XUV 500 or cruz.
Politicians and contractors always know only one model of any car 'TOP MODEL',but then buddy only Verna comes in your budget,either stretch your budget to 14.5 lacs or come down to mid variant if you want any other car like XUV or Cruze.

Thats what i was saying.
I love verna's look and power with luxary. :)
And even its cheaper than xuv.
even i like sedan more than suv.
So am gonna buy verna fluidic highest model. :D
And anyone tell me itz exact price on road in jaipur.
Congrats for the decision,just go and book the car,simple it is,my policy "Hear everyone's advise but follow what you feel is good for you".Atleast tomorrow if you are happy or sad in both cases you won't praise or regret anyone else.

What are the difference between XUV500 w6 and XUV500 w8?
One Lac.

So am gonna buy verna fluidic highest model. :D
And anyone tell me itz exact price on road in jaipur.
Good decision, congratulations.

I am yet to drive an SUV(from Bolero to Audi Q5)which has better driving comfort(literally) than any sedan.
Well, its about perceptions. I always find an SUV more comfortable to drive than a low slung sedan or hatch.

About seating position and space I don't know but about respect I am sure a Corolla always get more respect than an XUV or say Aria.Really everyone even the cops also respect the big sedans not the SUVs.
Again, out here SUVs get more respect & I am sure its the same everywhere. Imagine a white fortuner & imagine a white superb. People are more intimidated with the Fortuner than the Superb.

No cabbies or ricks cut in front of you when you are driving an SUV, thats not the case with sedans.

Well, its about perceptions. I always find an SUV more comfortable to drive than a low slung sedan or hatch.
You are quite right buddy,I am a highway driver and hence cruising speed comfort comes first for me and hence a sedan will work for me.While if you have to tackle all sort of roads all the time,then nothing is better than an SUV.But yes,I feel the SUVs quite tiring in nature.I always get tired after driving them quite long but for sedans there is nothing like that.

Again, out here SUVs get more respect & I am sure its the same everywhere. Imagine a white fortuner & imagine a white superb. People are more intimidated with the Fortuner than the Superb.

No cabbies or ricks cut in front of you when you are driving an SUV, thats not the case with sedans.
Well,being true buddy I feel that only 2 out of 10 drivers does not cut in front of you if you are driving an SUV else in the city everyone does it irrespective of the vehicle you are driving.
About Superb or Fortuner,I don't know,nor I want to hijack a good running thread by making meaningless arguments.I just kept my point and you yours,its enough.
Yes,what I feel special in SUVs is their throttle roar,while my TDs I have felt that while TDing Aria,Fortuner and Endeavour,we many times simply revved them upto 4-5k rpm in 1st or second gear or with clutch application and every person had his/her pants wet on hearing it and we were getting even more excited.I mean the SUVs really roar like a lion and can really scare the hell out of other road-mates in just one roar.

Thread Starter #34
When first priority is looks,then power,then luxury and last is fuel then why not a petrol car.There are some great cars like Honda City,Honda Civic,Toyota Corolla etc which can be yours at about the said price(or somewhat higher).

dude we have a Honda City IVTEC and now no more petrol car....

Politicians and contractors always know only one model of any car 'TOP MODEL',but then buddy only Verna comes in your budget,either stretch your budget to 14.5 lacs or come down to mid variant if you want any other car like XUV or Cruze.

I cant increase my budget :(
tell me the difference of XUV500 w6 and XUV500 w8...

Congrats for the decision,just go and book the car,simple it is,my policy "Hear everyone's advise but follow what you feel is good for you".Atleast tomorrow if you are happy or sad in both cases you won't praise or regret anyone else.

I like verna fluidic n I dont drive above 130kmph cuz here our roadz r... u know...
than tell me the car which has more respect n looks gr8... within my budget.... which is 12 lakh.... cant increase it :(

You said your father is a politician,that automatically means he is chauffeur driven and being a politician he may need to visit many places where there are good roads,bad roads or even no roads,so an SUV can be better there,then I'd say 'XUV' again or if you can wait then may be new Safari.
the car will b mine only my dad has fortuner in white n honda city in white.....
i need a car with gr8 looks and respectable....

Thread Starter #35
Re: Best Car Under Rs.12 Lakhs?

What are the difference between XUV500 w6 and XUV500 w8??
tell me specification....
is der any power difference?
any model difference?
any looking difference?
tell me guyz what are the difference between these two versions....????

Both w6 and w8 versions have same engine and same looks.
There is a difference between the features and in w8 you also get an option of a 4x4 model.

Thread Starter #37
Well I got the difference :)

Basic differences between W6 and W8 are

AIRBAGS
W6 - 2 (Front)
W8 - 6 (Front,Side and Curtains)

ELECTRIC FOLDING ORVM's
W6 - No auto/electric fold mirrors are available (only electric adjustment)
W8 - Electric folding/adjusting mirrors ( they fold when the car is locked and visa-versa)

ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM & HILL HOLD/HILL DECENT
W6- Not available
W8- AVAILABLE - ESP with Roll over mitigation,Traction control,Hill decent,Hill hold

ALLOY WHEELS with TPMS
W6 - Not part of the standard fitment
W8 - 5spoke with TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSORS ( ALL 5 )

SEATS
W6 - Fabric seats
W8 - Leather seats

STEERING ADJUSTMENT
W6 - only TILT ( Up and Down)
W8 - TILT & TELESCOPIC ( Up,Down,Back & Forth)

INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM
W6 - Basic NON touch with Monochrome display with Bluetooth,Audio,Fuel range indicator,Reverse assist sensor display

W8 - 6"TFT Color display with Touchscreen fully loaded with Bluetooth,Audio,Video,GPS,Tyre pressure monitors, Service alerts(next service due and warning alerts ( lights,doors etc etc). Nice touch response.

The Bluetooth cannot be paired if the car is above 20Kms, it can take upto 6phones paring but only 1 can be selected at a time. It also displays contacts and sms's ( may vary from handset to handset). On board keypad is available to dial also.

DVD's will only work when the HAND BRAKE is applied.

Micro Hybrid function will not work when the engine is cold, or the battery is low. The Hybrid functions only when certain parameters are met.

GPS is from MAP MY INDIA fully functional.

The headlamps come with PROJECTORS but NO HID/XENON
DRL's function as parking lights in india, They only come on when parking is switched on. The lamp has has a BENDING LAMP that comes on when the car is above 30kmph and the steering turns more than 45deg

Center arm rest comes with a CHILLER. Its not a refrigerator it only keeps a COLD can cool.

Mood Lighting can be switched OFF also comes with a DIMMER.

2nd row seats come with only a Backrest adjustment but can be folded as well.

3rd row seats can only be folded and are more like Child seats, But they have an independent A/C blower control.

The Antenna is embedded in the rear glass it self.

Conversation mirror,Umbrella holder,Lipstick holder,Laptop holder are quite handy features too.

Fenders are ABS plastic for pedestrian safety

All 4 Disc with ABS Standard.

Puddle lamps,Follow me home-Lead me home lights, Ajar lamps, Assist lamps under the door as it opens

Mahindra has left nothing in the feature book it seems.

For people who are skeptical about the performance of the car be sure that its the NEXT GEN Mahindra, Its 2.2 MHAWK with 140BHP with VGT and 330NM torque, Engine reliablity is not a concern. All the problems of a Scorpio or Xylo have been taken care of. The car drives like a SEDAN and is free from any vibration being transferred into the cabin, Steering and Gear lever dont vibrate as well. The Steering and Gear lever as smooth as well, Suspension is independent in the front and multi-link in the rear engine is very smooth and silent

For people who are use to the Scorpio might take a few minutes to adapt the the power delivery, As its not as brutal and the engine is delivers power for improved drivablilty produces torque at low rpms also keep in mind that its a Front wheel drive.The car drive like diesel sedan the size is not felt during its drive. Very smooth power delivery.The turning radius is 5.4mtrs,The 6th gear can be engaged after 110kmph.

The tyres are 235/65/17 Bridgestone Duller H/T's on the W8 but they squeal very quickly but dont loose control while braking and cornering.

The plastic quality can improve

FE is 15kmpl under test conditions should give around 12-13 in city.

W8 has alloy wheels, dvd player (Mp3 in W6), Navigation, leather seats, 6 airbags (2 in W6), ESP, Tire pressure monitor, power folding ORVMs, etc... W8 also comes in AWD.

The difference in pricing is about 1 lac for 2WD and roughly 2 lacs for AWD.

Thread Starter #39
ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM & HILL HOLD/HILL DECENT
W6- Not available
W8- AVAILABLE - ESP with Roll over mitigation,Traction control,Hill decent,Hill hold

ALLOY WHEELS with TPMS
W6 - Not part of the standard fitment
W8 - 5spoke with TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSORS ( ALL 5 )

Can any 1 tell me wat does it means?
(ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM & HILL HOLD/HILL DECENT)
and
(5spoke with TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSORS ( ALL 5 ))

If I were you then it would be a White Fluidic Verna Crdi Sx with jet black tints, a red beacon light (laal batti) that too with a vvip number... And if thats not enough then add projectors with hids and black alloys with chrome lip with 215/50/16 tyres.[evil]

Can any 1 tell me wat does it means?
(ELECTRONIC STABILITY PROGRAM & HILL HOLD/HILL DECENT)
and
(5spoke with TYRE PRESSURE MONITOR SENSORS ( ALL 5 ))
ESP - Electronic Stability Program -

Electronic stability control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hill Hold - Prevents your car from rolling backwards on an incline, for 3 seconds as soon as you leave the brakes.

Hill decent - prevents your car from rolling down on a steep slope too fast, you done need to touch the brakes.

5 spoke alloy wheels with inbuilt sensors to detect tyre pressure on all 5 wheels & it will be indicated inside on the screen.

Thread Starter #42
I am Still in confusion guys. :(
tell me the best car suits me under 12 lakh.
i like Verna fludic and new ford fiesta.
which one is better in looking and comfort?
any other car suits me?

Hey Buddy with that politician image i would say you can choose any of these:
white Verna
White XUV 500
White Safari.

I personally like the Safari under 11-12L range and with your budget i guess you can go with the XUV.
All my relatives and cousins who are into politics drive Safari, Endy or the XUV (all white colors). Because that suits there image and personally speaking (no offense to anyone views on this thread) Sedans don't match your image if you are a politician. You have to have something big. Until and unless you are driving a sedan over 25L or say a Merc, Beamer, Audi kind of a sedan.

My Budget - 11 Lakh Max.

My Location - Jaipur, Rajasthan.

My Priorities are firstly looks, than power, Kick a** performace and luxury, should be a sedan or SUV, Should have ABS and all other latest features.

Priority Of fuel type - Diesel.

Body Type - Sedan, SUV.

I have currently shortlisted a new Maruti suzuki XA Alpha, Mahindra XUV500, Peugeot 508, Verna Fluidic.

Should I buy new car of 2012 made or 2011?

buddy IMO,i think u should wait around a year & go for the Ford Ecosport or the soon to be release Renault Duster,both cars will fit under your budget & have specifications as you mentioned.

in the meantime go for some second hand car(time pass purpose)

Top Bottom