Best Car For City Traffic Conditions

Thread Starter #1
Hi Folks

I am so [confused] to buy a diesel hatchbacks for my city driving upto 50 kms square kms circles,. it's should be a nice in good and pot holed roads.

Range starts from 936 cc's - 1500 cc's [roll]

It's should be a low maintain service cost and a best fuel efficiency,.and want's a 70-80 % loan to buy the car

Waiting for feedback

[:)]

Pehle Budget boldo bhai, Later u can consider and for the best maintainence go for Swift mid version not too high not too low, one of my friend recently booked for 7.3 lacs in RNS Motors.

Nissan Micra or Renault Pulse is the car to be bought then.Its really the best car if only city car is needed.
And the 1500cc powerplant really helps a lot even if the turbo is not running.

Since you mentioned potholed roads, consider the Fabia and Punto, if you can live with the mediocre A.S.S., else consider the VW Polo, if you can live with the slightly expensive A.S.S...

If you want a good compromise between A.S.S. and nice ride quality, pick the Ford Figo. It has a puny 68 bhp engine though and even top end does not get many essential features. FE will be good though.

If you have got a very good budget, get the i20 CRDi. It is spacious, has got good ride at city speeds. It is not a great highway car though.

Very very honestly, I wont ask you to look at the new Swift. It is grossly overpriced and Maruti is asking more money for the brand value. I dont feel the new Swift is as value for money as the older Swift. Maintainence costs of the new Swift does not seem to be less either. So only advantage of buying a Swift would be that it is a Maruti, resale value will be good and A.S.S. will be nice. If you want a Maruti, look at the Ritz instead, but the new facelifted ritz is around the corner.

I wont recommend cars like Micra as they dont have a widespread A.S.S.

For potholed road i would suggest you to look into punto or vista both comes with the renowned engine's, and it would be easy on your pocket too.

350Z

Core Team
You might want to consider an automatic if the car will be driven more or less in the traffic. Before we start jumping on the conclusions – Please answer the questions which are asked in this link.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10
Majorly for city driving only,.b'case already i had own a Xylo for long drive

Me and my Father maximum and some times four for minimum km's,

Kms driven is not more than 50-75 kms from my house for small and traffic roads only, if it more will take big boy,.

A.S.S and Good mileage with Low maintain cost and i will keep for long time not consider about resale value,.

Looking for a private bank loan with maximum amount on price,.b'case i have already Xylo loan, and have to make some savings for my marriage,

Fazer

Suspended
Maruti Suzuki A-Star VXi AUTOMATIC is the car to be bought then![:D]
Considering your main requirement : CITY DRIVING. The A-Star Vxi Automatic is the perfect car for you, buddy.
It comes from the Maruti Suzuki's Stable, Thus Reliability and Less Maintenance is a Standard feature. Plus, Being an Automatic, as 350Z said, It will be less troublesome to drive in City traffic (Changing Gears, Engaging Clutch, etc) and offers decent mileage also. Also, It fits in your criteria.[:)]

Good Luck for the purchase.

Thread Starter #12
already my own sister had got a alto for marriage gift in 2 years back,.

I don't want consider about petrol heads [frustration] ,.i want's only a diesel HB's

^^Buddy if you have a Nissan A.S.S. nearby then I'd recommend only one car Micra,none else.
I myself have driven a lot of hatches and I am yet to find any better than Micra when it comes to ease of city driving.

Fazer

Suspended
already my own sister had got a alto for marriage gift in 2 years back,.

I don't want consider about petrol heads ,.i want's only a diesel HB's
Oh. Sorry, I missed that! :tongue:

Ok, Since you want a diesel car, you will hardly find any Automatic transmission under Sedan : Hyundai Verna SX. Please elaborate on the points given in the link specified by 350Z. Also, BUDGET?[roll]

Since you want a Low maintenance car, then it has to be from Maruti Suzuki's stable. Do consider Ritz Vdi or Swift Vdi.

If you are ready to survive through the Long waiting period, then, The SWIFT VDI is for you.[;)]

Cheers.

@Vipul : What about mileage and maintenance of Nissan Micra?

^^You can easily expect 20+ on highways and something near about swift in City.
Maintenance depends on driver,you are driving an Optra Magnum and this car is known for high maintenance,but have you really faced its heat?
I am sure no,because auto lovers are always keep their cars happier than themselves.

Top Bottom