Best Car & Bike Insurance Company in India?

What do you think, which is the Best vehicle insurance company in India?

• Bajaj-Allianz

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Tata-AIG

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • IFFCO-Tokyo

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • ICICI-Lombard

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Reliance

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • HDFC-Agro

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Govt. Insurance comp. - United insurance etc.

Votes: 26 55.3%

• Total voters
Comparing the policies item to item can drive you crazy, but it is worth it.
Chola now has a policy which does not have the standard 50% depreciation for the plastic parts. Obviously this will be costlier, but worth a look.

That was indeed a nice info mukesh

Bajaj allianz even said it has cash less repair facility. Any how while claiming the insurance , only bajaj is said to give mind free . Till now i have not experianced any insurance claim for cars.

Only thing was with national insurance , over my lost discover. I got money only after a year. They were giving lame reasons. One being , discover has low resale value , so we'll give 25K for that. But according to paper they should give 33K for 1.2 year old bike then.
Finally after a year i got 33K.I never sleep in the direction of national insurance office! (that was the time i was a student and not in to automoile business. So i dont had any contacts then)

Thread Starter #33
I am planning to shift my car's insurance from Bajaj to Tata-AIG.
Bajaj has jacked-up the premium, giving some stupid reasons, like there were some discounts/offers last year etc..etc.. They should understand its not like 10 years back when we hardly had choices.
I am getting quote from 10K to 20K with different companies.
Cholamandalam is quoting 10.xxK and similar with Reliance.

But Tata-AIG has lots of features, best is even if you claim, the NCB continues[clap]. And the other people have taken from Tata-AIG had nice service experience. So this year its Tata...

I am planning to shift my car's insurance from Bajaj to Tata-AIG.
Bajaj has jacked-up the premium, giving some stupid reasons, like there were some discounts/offers last year etc..etc.. They should understand its not like 10 years back when we hardly had choices.
I am getting quote from 10K to 20K with different companies.
Cholamandalam is quoting 10.xxK and similar with Reliance.

But Tata-AIG has lots of features, best is even if you claim, the NCB continues[clap]. And the other people have taken from Tata-AIG had nice service experience. So this year its Tata...
I am currently with National Insurance for all of my vehicles.
I trust Govt aided.

Oh RSM i have TATA-AIG for both my cars and nice to know its good! But i have to check whether the NCB feature is there for both my cars!

All the companies are good if you place your business thru an expert.
You should be able to catch hold of the person who place your business in any company. All you need is the links in Insurance company or may be someone who have links in Insurance company.

I insure the car from Tata AIG but now thinking to switch to another, Maybe Iffco Tokio or ICICI Lombard.

Drive Safe!
350Z
Try to avoid ICICI,Their commercials are so touchy and convincing,but they are wolves in sheep's outfits. I had a friend of mine struggling to get a claim entertained after his car getting stolen. Also they are the company in the scene with the most number of consumer disputes.
-----------Next Post-----------
Aren't all the private companies charging more than the ones under Government .

I wanted to renew my Scorpios insurance for its 1st year. Just checked the ICICI Lombard online, There Quote was much more than National Insurance 8K more than what i paid currently.
Even I checked my Alto's and the quote from ICICI Lombard is 1055 rupees more than what I've paid at the moment. Its 33% Higher.

Last edited:
icici is worst, only good in words and schemes, but reality is the other way.
Iffco Tokio is awesome with their services, cashless facilities and hasslefree claims.Heard the same for Tata Aig as well.All i can say is that whenever you are about to renew your vehicle policies, take quotes from different companies, and after shortlisting few, try to call directly to their customer helpline and deal with them, you can bargain if you are good at it and you may get much better offers from them.
Our indica's second year renewal was quoted quite higher and after negotiation we got some 25% discount on actual offered by calling the company's direct help line number.I would say worth trying.

Best Car insurance Companies.

Well in December 2011 I need to renew my i10's insurance.Its currently wid Tata AIG. So is this a good brand or should i get a better insurance company for my car's insurance before December? Also Admin please move this thread to the correct location if required..

Re: Best vehicle insurance company in India?

Can't really say as I have not had to make any claims for many years. I generally insure all vehicles with United India as I know all the staff very well there. However when buying a new vehicle you are forced to take whatever they give when they offer free insurance

I'm not sure which is best. But i can say that United Insurance is the worst. We had a terrible experience with our Esteem.
Can you share the details?

never go for reliance, mine is that one and i didt get even a single penny from that for a small accident.so never go for it
How about ICICI Lombard?

They seem to give lot of offers & attractive features :)
I will never trust ICICI and Reliance. Many people have had really bad experiences. I have not used their insurance but had very bad experiences with their other products.

Okay!

I finally renewed my isurance with United India Insurance yesterday
Good choice.

I think one needs to go for only that service provider which can provide cash-less claims ... this is normally specific to the manufacturer, and sometimes the dealership also.
If you are sure that your vehicle will typically go only to the same dealership every time there is an issue, it is worth searching for this option, even if the premiums are marginally higher.
I have Chola for my wife's Innova, and am happy with the service so far.
Cashless is good but then the choice is limited.

ilango[speed thirst];24676 said:
How do they calculate the insurance?

I took a baja allianz one in 08 november , a sum of 10K for 4 year old car then

Next year the quote was 8K there , but the reliance one quoted just 5.5K

The value was same by both the companies.2.20L
The difference in these prices , Some provide towing charges, As well as electrical accesories.
But in the 2nd case they might have provided only insurance .
As the year passes on the value of vehicle depreciates, So are the price quotes.
If no claims are made further the insurance amount decreaeses.
These may be the reason for qouting more.
Check and see if they have included and voluntary excess.

Comparing the policies item to item can drive you crazy, but it is worth it.
Chola now has a policy which does not have the standard 50% depreciation for the plastic parts. Obviously this will be costlier, but worth a look.
TATA AIG and some others have it too.
I am currently with National Insurance for all of my vehicles.
I trust Govt aided.
I too trust PSU companies. Besides United India for vehicles, I use LIC for life insurance, BSNL for telephone, mobile and internet, Air India for travel and Corporation Bank and Bank of India for my banking.

Re: Best Car and Bike Insurance Company in India?

All my insurance was with United and national insurance and had no problem in claiming. Last year my wife's I10 was damaged. It was insured with national insurance, the claim was very prompt. Only thing is the service center did not had a tie up with National insurance, hence we had to call the insurance company and inform about the damage and they will send a surveyor to access the vehicle. The surveyor came to the service center on the same day and he did all the formalities very fast and approved my claim with in 2 days. On completion of work, I had to pay the bills and send the final bills to the Insurance company. Finally they sent me the approved amount within one week.

Though it was not a cash less, the process was seamless and the Surveyor was very prompt and straight forward.

I have this question in my mind for sometime. No dealers explain about the features in the insurance plans. For Airbags also the depreciation is about 50%. I heard some companies offer zero depreciation on Airbags and plastics.
What is the use of having all the saftey features without insurance. I know saftey is very important, but still. For example, if we hit a wall for no reason and the airbags inflate. Oops, gone 1 lakh. Its not only the airbag you have to replace, you have to replace a lot of items along with that, like dashboard, steering, steering column, airbags and their units along with the airbag sensors, etc...

I too trust PSU companies. Besides United India for vehicles, I use LIC for life insurance, BSNL for telephone, mobile and internet, Air India for travel and Corporation Bank and Bank of India for my banking.
That's quite a policy you have. [:)]

Mine is Toyota Insurance ,and it offers zero depreciation on all parts and cashless claims.
I heard, usually the insurance provided by the manufacturer is very costly. Is it so?

Top Bottom