Best Budget Diesel Hatch with Maximum Features

Purpose of this thread is to find a Diesel car with lowest ownership cost in today's market situation and the car with maximum features.
Punto is above 6L and so does the other cars.
My intention is to 'FIND' a diesel hatchback with lower on-road price and which gives me Maximum (rather at lest PS,AC,PW(front))
There is no point in stretching budget, so please don't suggest how punto is good or xyz is good if we can stretch budget.
Just consider title of this thread and then suggest.
Otherwise there are more than 10 threads discussing diesel hatch so no point in discussing same points again and again.
Punto Active and Dynamic are below 6 lakh

Thread Starter #20
Punto Active and Dynamic are below 6 lakh
Even Emotion pack is few thousands above 6LKS if negotiated little hard.
I know this, but they are costlier than Beat,eV2, Figo by 70-80k which is not less amount.

ev2 may be less costlier than Punto active but i don't think beat and Figo is less costlier (70-80K) than Punto active.

Can we exclude Beat as it is 1 ltr

I think comparison should be apple to apple.

Let us wait for some more players to enter in this segment.

Can we exclude Beat as it is 1 ltr

I think comparison should be apple to apple.

Let us wait for some more players to enter in this segment.
I do not think we should exclude beat to make a parity. Because a car is a car and beat is fulfilling almost all the requirements of a car. Engine capacity is nothing to do with the thread title.

Please correct me if I am wrong. [:)]

Thread Starter #25
I do not think we should exclude beat to make a parity. Because a car is a car and beat is fulfilling almost all the requirements of a car. Engine capacity is nothing to do with the thread title.
Yes, spot on

ev2 may be less costlier than Punto active but i don't think beat and Figo is less costlier (70-80K) than Punto active.
I have punto price list with me updated 16Mar2011
Active is 5.81 OnRoad in pune - I think currently they have around 50k discount (not sure) so it will be 5.30 (approx. after discount)
So still looks like 30 to 40k extra than Beat/Figo/eV2

Also this is price (ex showroom pune) form carwale - now check the difference
Punto Active: 5,26,174
Figo LXi: 4,67,312
eV2 LS: 4,55,417
Beat PS: 4,35,694
@Mods :please merge posts not able to edit

Last edited by a moderator:
figo should be budget diesel hatch with max features,as tilt steering,alloys and fogs had been added to titanium which costs 40K more than the base punto active[;)]
though we get an old mill under hood but its proven in fiesta for its efficiency & reliability.no steering mounted controls[frustration] may be a deal break!!
(ex showroom pune) form carwale - now check the difference
Punto Active: 5,26,174
Figo LXi: 4,67,312
eV2 LS: 4,55,417
Beat PS: 4,35,694
@Mods :please merge posts not able to edit
IMO beat got 3 pot cylinder.so it should be considered as budget saving for chevy not for the buyer!!

Last edited:
IMO beat got 3 pot cylinder.so it should be considered as budget saving for chevy not for the buyer!!
Welcome aboard TATAaventador.

Either way buyers are also getting cheap car, aren't they [:)]. Please understand not every buyer is an enthusiast or drive like one. Still the figure or percentage is higher in India wherein, people buy cars to fulfill their commutation needs rather fun.

Please spare sometime and introduce yourself here (Introductions). We would like to know more about you. [:)]

A forgoetten car-the Indica Vista TDI-the base version has AC,power steering, can easily seat 5 adults, is vv reliable,mileage- 16 in city and 20 on highway and costs 441,222 ex show room!-this car is actually built to European Specs and to me is the forgotten hero of budget hatches-However-its BS3 only!
Another option-again forgotten is the base Vista quadrajet-at 480,556. ex showroom

A forgoetten car-the Indica Vista TDI-the base version has AC,power steering, can easily seat 5 adults, is vv reliable,mileage- 16 in city and 20 on highway and costs 441,222 ex show room!-this car is actually built to European Specs and to me is the forgotten hero of budget hatches-However-its BS3 only!
Another option-again forgotten is the base Vista quadrajet-at 480,556. ex showroom
You spotted![clap],Even the LS Version Quadrajet BS4 is available below 6 lakhs

Yes seems good and within budget. It has same engine like ev2 TDI right?
It was the engine of Indica V2 Turbo which is also doing work in the Venture now.Ev2 has CRDI engine

Top Bottom