Best Budget Diesel Hatch with Maximum Features

Thread Starter #1
Purpose of this thread is to find a Diesel car with lowest ownership cost in today's market situation and the car with maximum features.

Indica v2-eV2, Beat, Figo will fit in this criterion - or any other car please suggest.

Points to be considered are
1.Car with lowest on road cost
2.Total VFM
3.Maximum number of features at lowest cost
4.Low on maintenance
5.Lowest ownership cost i.e cost/km

Consider this example (Data From - Carwale)

Attachments

Dear Surfer,

You are talking about Diesel hatch only, But it's not lot's of information about Indian automobile community, Coz India has more vehicles available with Diesel hatch with affordable price and good millage.

Any way Thanks for share it. :)

Dear Surfer,

You are talking about Diesel hatch only, But it's not lot's of information about Indian automobile community, Coz India has more vehicles available with Diesel hatch with affordable price and good millage.

Any way Thanks for share it. :)
He has considered the entry level diesel hatches,so there are only these cars listed under them.There's no hard and fast rule that diesel cars are to be considered.Read the title again.

As per me,Figo seems to be better in terms of features,but somehow beat takes over 1st place when every aspects with performance,maintenance and comfort is considered because Beat has better fuel efficient diesel mill than Figo and the maintenance AFAIK is lower than of Figo(Warranty).

If we consider Beat LT and Punto Emotion 1.3 then Punto looks VFM and comes with maximum features.

Price OTR
Beat LT - 5.76 Lakh
Punto Emotion - 6.15 Lakh

What you'll get extra in 40K

1) 1.3 L diesel engine (Beat really missing this)
2) ABS
3) Driver seat height adjustment

Only plus point of beat is mileage but not heard that someone get beat mileage around 24/25KMPL. Here no one can beat Micra diesel (in case of FE).
Need to check service cost and service interval of both the cars. Beat comes with three years maintenance package.

Are we considaring the onroad /ex-showroom price here?
I booked Punto emotion 2 weeks back and the onroad price is 7 lakhs after discount in bangalore...[confused]

^^ Above are OTR prices.
I got Punto in 6.15 lakh OTR (July 2011 manufacturer date. Booked on 15 Sept and got delivery in 6 Oct). 7 lakh OTR is definately on higher side for Emotion. Did you book Emotion or Emotion pack?.

Last edited:
@Surfer:
If the features are that important for you on a budget hatchback,then look no further than the BEAT TCDi LT(O) and if you can stretch a bit and get out of the budget tag,then follow our member Jazzselect's advice and opt for a FIAT PUNTO 1.3 EMOTION pack...why Punto?The reasons are as follows:
1):Punto gets a brilliant ride and handling combo,something even the Polo etc etc all other hatches are missing.
2):The steering response of Punto is far far better than others.
3):The ride is very planted and the high speed manners are simply great.
4):The enthusiastic suspension and the body control is just great.
5):The cabin is very comfy.
6):The ABS,airbags etc etc etc..and its really BUILT LIKE A TANK..and I mean it.
7)Sit inside a Punto and you can not even guess that its a hatchback..instead it feels like a good sedan..

SO ON SPENDING JUST ABOUT 50K YOU GET ALL THE ABOVE...
REST IS YOUR WISH..

^^ Above are OTR prices.
I got Punto in 6.15 lakh OTR (July 2011 manufacturer date. Booked on 15 Sept and got delivery in 6 Oct). 7 lakh OTR is definately on higher side for Emotion. Did you book Emotion or Emotion pack?.
I have booked emotion only.
However in bangalore road tax is only Rs.93,000, [surprise]
So can not help on this....

IMHO, after Indica ev2, Punto mjd fits the bill. Provided we are not taking into consideration the price factor.

Thread Starter #13
Purpose of this thread is to find a Diesel car with lowest ownership cost in today's market situation and the car with maximum features.
Punto is above 6L and so does the other cars.
My intention is to 'FIND' a diesel hatchback with lower on-road price and which gives me Maximum (rather at lest PS,AC,PW(front))
There is no point in stretching budget, so please don't suggest how punto is good or xyz is good if we can stretch budget.
Just consider title of this thread and then suggest.
Otherwise there are more than 10 threads discussing diesel hatch so no point in discussing same points again and again.

@Surfer:
Then nothing else,go for the Beat LT..
It will give you more than enough features and no other diesel car is as low priced as it is.

Punto is above 6L and so does the other cars.
My intention is to 'FIND' a diesel hatchback with lower on-road price and which gives me Maximum (rather at lest PS,AC,PW(front))
There is no point in stretching budget, so please don't suggest how punto is good or xyz is good if we can stretch budget.
Just consider title of this thread and then suggest.
Otherwise there are more than 10 threads discussing diesel hatch so no point in discussing same points again and again.
Then only Indica ev2 or Beat, nothing else comes lesser than that.

Top Bottom