Best Aftermarket Airfilter?

guys ,
which is the best filter for alto?
my concerns, lowest price, good performance(pick up), reliability, no change in mileage expected
k&N conical air filter
or
K&N CAI (but with CAI you will need to be a bit careful)

Both the above will give you a little increase in performance,sound.
Mileage will remain same unless you dont accelerate your car hard to hear the sound.

Last edited:
Yes but only very marginal! How much FE you getting now?

If you want good mileage choose a good hatch bro , expecting good mileage from an SUV is not sensible.

hmm so my friend was wrong about it . its just marginal improvement then its no use to buy and waste my money on it .

right now i am getting around 11-12 in city and 15-17on highway from what i calculated long ago when it touched 40k

Even i would suggest you stay away from those especially we have to bear with those poor A.S.S in TATA!

Are you sure you get 15-17kmpl in highways? The maximum i got is 14.5kmpl till now in my Safari with AC ON whole trip!

hmm so my friend was wrong about it . its just marginal improvement then its no use to buy and waste my money on it
It cant be called a waste of money.K&N's,etc aren't meant for mileage improvements.They are built to let your engine breath more freely,the tiny mileage improvement is complementary.

well my friend was saying that filter + free flow will give more mileage that made interest in it . but if it don't increase mileage then how it increase performance without mileage loss i mean why don't car maker use them ? if it is that much good .

well my friend was saying that filter + free flow will give more mileage that made interest in it .
Filter + Free flow does increase mileage.
But yours is a turbocharged diesel which makes designing the Free Flow complicated & pricey.

but if it don't increase mileage then how it increase performance without mileage loss i mean why don't car maker use them ? if it is that much good .
The proper air fuel ratio in petrol cars is 1:14 i.e 1 part of fuel mixed with 14 parts of air.

Normal Air Filter when a little old lets in only 12-13 parts of air per fuel drop

Where as

K&N's,etc lets in 14-15 parts of air per fuel drop

which finally results in complete burning of the fuel i.e extracting power from each & every molecule of that fuel drop & hence the tiny mileage improvement & a little more performance improvement.

Car makers don't use them because its costly,needs time for maintenance,etc. [cheers]

Filter + Free flow does increase mileage.
But yours is a turbocharged diesel which makes designing the Free Flow complicated & pricey.
that's why i didn't see any safari owner using it

The proper air fuel ratio in petrol cars is 1:14 i.e 1 part of fuel mixed with 14 parts of air.

Normal Air Filter when a little old lets in only 12-13 parts of air per fuel drop

Where as

K&N's,etc lets in 14-15 parts of air per fuel drop

which finally results in complete burning of the fuel i.e extracting power from each & every molecule of that fuel drop & hence the tiny mileage improvement & a little more performance improvement.

Car makers don't use them because its costly,needs time for maintenance,etc. [cheers]
thanks for explaining me .

Top Bottom