Being LUV’ed – My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Ownership Report

Thread Starter #46
Re: Being LUV’ed – My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Ownership Report

Hi Mr. Patkar - you talked about 'low' luggage space in Ertiga.
did you mean space is low when last row seats are occupied by passangers ?
or there is no luggage space left in such case ? I have seen interior's of Ertiga, but still not able to conclude if luggage space will be sufficient if last row seats are brought down.

since you use Ertiga for some time now, you will have better idea. please share your experience about luggage space
Low Luggage Space when all seats are occupied.Such that you can fit hand bags inside or 2 duffel bags can fit if squeezed.But not more than that.These much bags are otherwise not enough to carry luggage for all seats for a week or 2.

With last row Folded(brought down) you get acres of space for luggage.Much more than sedans.

The luggage space is around 180 litres with 3rd row occupied and can carry two medium sized soft bags with two small bags on them and some even smaller items on the remaining spaces. There is even an under floor storage for smaller items.
With the 3rd row folded, there is around 730 litres of boot space!
While folding the 3rd row, it is best to remove the headrests before folding them as a few inches of legroom can be freed for the 2nd row.

Thread Starter #48

The luggage space is around 180 litres with 3rd row occupied and can carry two medium sized soft bags with two small bags on them and some even smaller items on the remaining spaces. There is even an under floor storage for smaller items.
With the 3rd row folded, there is around 730 litres of boot space!
While folding the 3rd row, it is best to remove the headrests before folding them as a few inches of legroom can be freed for the 2nd row.
Yup right buddy.I did not had those calculated values[lol]..I have not removed headrest,to get extra room.Will try that soon.

Thread Starter #49
Update 7993kms:10 Months
2nd Row AC Rattle Issue:
Complained MASS about the issue,This time they were going to fix this problem on priority.So till we reach garage the issue was present but as we went to test drive with Regional manager,and some guys suddenly that noise stopped coming.[anger].Issue was not solved,and when we left noise started again.[anger]

Alignment:
While driving straight i noticed that car was slightly moving towards left,so got her aligned at 400 bucks.After that it was ok.

Car is currently providing me with 14kmpl average by tank full to tank full method,with mixed driving.
AC is chiller even at 40 degree heat in Mumbai.
LUV never make feel like a big car,that's what i always wanted.[:D]
Some shot at night drive to marine drive.

Attachments

Update 7993kms:10 Months
2nd Row AC Rattle Issue:
Complained MASS about the issue,This time they were going to fix this problem on priority.So till we reach garage the issue was present but as we went to test drive with Regional manager,and some guys suddenly that noise stopped coming..Issue was not solved,and when we left noise started again.

Alignment:
While driving straight i noticed that car was slightly moving towards left,so got her aligned at 400 bucks.After that it was ok.

Car is currently providing me with 14kmpl average by tank full to tank full method,with mixed driving.
AC is chiller even at 40 degree heat in Mumbai.
LUV never make feel like a big car,that's what i always wanted.
Some shot at night drive to marine drive.
Waw bro, your LUV has some secrets![lol]
Mumbai is the 'city of lights' at night!
Really missing Mumbai![cry]

Thread Starter #51

Waw bro, your LUV has some secrets![lol]
Mumbai is the 'city of lights' at night!
Really missing Mumbai![cry]
Thanks buddy,Some more pics might come soon[:)], i didn't mentioned in above post,about rattle that noise comes only when there is less load on vehicle,really irritating.

Thanks buddy,Some more pics might come soon, i didn't mentioned in above post,about rattle that noise comes only when there is less load on vehicle,really irritating.
These rattles that you and all have mentioned from the rear seats and AC, does appear in my LUV.
Only the rear AC rattles mildly on rough roads.[:)]

Thread Starter #53

These rattles that you and all have mentioned from the rear seats and AC, does appear in my LUV.
Only the rear AC rattles mildly on rough roads.[:)]
i don't hear any noise from seats,but rattle from ac is dam irritating,it starts rattling on bumps and paver block roads.That is the issue.
Rest all is good.
Pic of my odometer with 7996kms.[clap]

26032014005.jpg

Last edited:

So Finally touched 8000 kms mark.Car was on 7999 for 3 days,So finally it reached 8000 mark.
View attachment 130649
Thanks kalinga for inspiring me to install Armrest.Finally today ordered it along with Jopasu duster.
Car Armrest:CAR Armrest Console Biege Colour Universal Size | eBay
Jopasu Duster:Jopasu CAR Duster | eBay
Welcome Dude.....

We have to manage with this till Maruti provides us an armrest as MGA.
It is so surprising they do not provide the arm rest in top end model.

Hope next special edition model have it.[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57

Welcome Dude.....

We have to manage with this till Maruti provides us an armrest as MGA.
It is so surprising they do not provide the arm rest in top end model.

Hope next special edition model have it.[:D]
Hope so they would provide us in next model?
I wish they would have provide in top model atleast or any MGA accessory.
Yeah about leather treatment,My friend have a old beige colored leather seat cover,so i would be thinking of reusing it.Let see.

Thread Starter #58

Armrest:
Finally received Armrest by Aramex courier ,by afternoon and my neighbor received it,excited went home immediately leaving all work pending.:stupid:It was heavily packed.The box contained Armrest,brackets(metal and plastic),rubber packing,bolts.Checked the Armrest it was in perfect situation stitching were good and quality seemed to be good.Plastics used is durable and high quality.There was a black paper inside,i hope that was anti slip mat must be replaced with paper,i didn't like it otherwise.
01-DSC02103.JPG
02-DSC02104.JPG
03-DSC02106.JPG
04-DSC02108.JPG

Installation:

So got my kit and went to fix the Armrest and my dad came from office,saw me,told lets get it done with accessory guy,so i had no words.[cry]

Went to Mulund Sarvodaya Nagar,asked in shop need a guy to fit an armrest,quote was Rs.100.Actually Shop was having same armrest in his stock.
Metal bracked and Rubber packing was not used during installation.

While Installation we found out that plastic bracket was disturbing Hand brake operation,i mean it can't be pulled up fully due to bracket.Got the bracket cut properly.

Installed it on four screws then.Installation took 30 mins.

Initial Impression:

Initially when as i started driving,felt little weird later felt the comfort of it.There are only 2 issues
1:Handbrake operation
2:Seat belt looking
Both operation can be easily done with Armrest pulled up.

05-DSC02109.JPG
06-DSC02110.JPG
07-DSC02111.JPG
It cushion moves to and fro.
08-DSC02112.JPG
09-DSC02113.JPG
Rear view
10-DSC02114.JPG
Upper view
11-DSC02115.JPG
Arm rest pulled up.Note:The Cut made to ease handbrake operation.
12-DSC02116.JPG
It has a height adjuster.
13-DSC02117.JPG
14-DSC02118.JPG
High position
15-DSC02119.JPG
Low position(much comfortable)
16-DSC02120.JPG
Storage space.
17-DSC02122.JPG

Job Nicely done. [clap] Looking awesome on your ertiga. I wish it would fit in Micra too.

Can you elaborate a little on, how fitting was done. eg. how he drilled holes on center console, what did he used for that ? Did he remove center console for fitting armrest or just moved seats forward/backword while fitting.

Thread Starter #60

Job Nicely done. [clap] Looking awesome on your ertiga. I wish it would fit in Micra too.

Can you elaborate a little on, how fitting was done. eg. how he drilled holes on center console, what did he used for that ? Did he remove center console for fitting armrest or just moved seats forward/backword while fitting.
Fitting was easy,he removed only handbrake console,drilled 4 holes with hand drill machine,on side of the center console hardly visible.
Drivers and co drivers seats were also moved forward for ease of installation.

Top Bottom