Being LUV’ed – My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Ownership Report

Re: Being LUV’ed –My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Ownership Report

Thanks buddy.

About console light illumination, i do adjust it according to mood and need.[;)]

How?here it is.

1)Turn on your tail light or headlights
2)now Observe the Right side knob on Speedometer
3)Rotate it clockwise to increase intensity and anti-clockwise decrease intensity.(Please be gentle to that knob)
4)while doing so you will observe Few pointers on MID,which notify level of light illumination.
5)Adjust to requirement.
Thanx for the details procedure.
I tried it on my car. It actually works. [;)]
Now i can adjust it during my night drive and avoid unnecessary glare from the console. [clap]

Thread Starter #17
Re: Being LUV’ed –My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Ownership Report

Absolutely while driving in night it is handy.[:)]
I usually make it dim when travelling on the road with no street lights.

Thread Starter #18
Mileage

Mileage:

Mileage "Kitna deti hai",a Maruti tagline,with tagline,"India is obsessed with mileage",is a thing where Maruti does not disappoint any body,which i believe is true. Even though Engine being 1.4 liter it does not disturb mileage figures,it gave me 15 kmpl (tankfull) sometimes in a trip with 8 passengers and 100% AC.

But that too depends on how you drive,here is how i drive.

•Normal Driving:
Gear shift:2000-3000 RPM
Best FE:15 kmpl with AC

•Sedate and Economy:
Gear Shift:1500-2000 RPM
Best FE:16.8

•High Spirits
Gear Shift:3000-5000
Best FE:<12 kmpl

This car as got enough power and for me,it does not require to down shift again and again.If you try to push her hard and rev her hard definitely it would gulp down your fuel much faster than you expect, Trust me i have tried it[;)],so be cool.

Log Of Mileage:(Approx Figures)

•Initially when i bought the car,it was returning around 9/10 kmpl(MID) for around 250kms,and improved later on.
•From 250 to 1000 kms it gave me an average of 11/12 kmpl(MID) which included 80% highways and 20% city,before 1st service,driving style: Normal,With AC.
•Later MID gave me an improved mileage of 13 kmpl(MID),with AC.
•On the long drive of 1440 kms to native,MID gave me excellent mileage of 15kmpl tank full to tankfull method,with AC,90% highways,driving style Normal.
•Around 2550 it was giving around 14 to 14.5(MID) and tank full driving style Normal,with AC.
• At around 4350 it gave me a 16 kmpl MID ,in economy & sedate mode of driving with AC.(Note MID is reset after every tank full)
1-avg 1.jpg
•After Second service at 4650,it gave me around 15 kmpl MID and tank full with economy and sedate driving style and AC,also reached its peak of 18kmpl for some KMS.
2-avg 2.jpg
•Recent avg and and car after crossing 5001 kms.
3-AVG 3.jpg

Thread Starter #19
A recent Photograph At Marine Drive.
IMG-20131113-WA0021.jpg

Most of the topics such as Interiors, exteriors,100/90 watts light setup would be explained soon.
Will be having a photo shoot soon but expect after Feb month,till then it would be having some 1500kms long drive,along with some short drives.

Re: Being LUV’ed – My Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Ownership Report

A recent Photograph At Marine Drive.
View attachment 121237

Most of the topics such as Interiors, exteriors,100/90 watts light setup would be explained soon.
Will be having a photo shoot soon but expect after Feb month,till then it would be having some 1500kms long drive,along with some short drives.
Photo-shoot? hired any professional Photographer? and what is the theme ? which location?

Thread Starter #21

Photo-shoot? hired any professional Photographer? and what is the theme ? which location?
hehheeh...No Pro photographer guys, just me and my car that's it.Location not fixed,can be some random place.
Would be Clicking some exterior and interior photos properly.
Would be adding info along with it.

Last edited:

nice review
i didn't know about the dimmer switch inside the dash thanks for the info
all the best wit your car

Thread Starter #23

nice review
i didn't know about the dimmer switch inside the dash thanks for the info
all the best wit your car
Thank you buddy.
My demo guy told me about dimmer.[:)]

Thread Starter #25

Congrats Patkar

Nice to see 1 more Ertiga on the forum

If things go all right, i will soon book a ZXI in pune after the auto expo
Thanks buddy.
There are some 5/6 owner ship reviews here,so you have loads of information before your purchase.

Why Auto expo,waiting for some upgrade?
I don't think there is any possibility of upgrades,but don't know might be maruti would have planned to get some surprises for us.
Do post if any query.

Thanks buddy.
There are some 5/6 owner ship reviews here,so you have loads of information before your purchase.

Why Auto expo,waiting for some upgrade?
I don't think there is any possibility of upgrades,but don't know might be maruti would have planned to get some surprises for us.
Do post if any query.
Hi Patkar

Yes to be honest waiting to see some additions / refreshes on the existing Ertiga, since the swift and dzire are already getting refreshes and minor additions to interior kitting in the auto expo

Also i am a die hard Honda fan and always drove Hondas outside India. Not only that i always reccomended Jazz and City to all folks back in India, But the Honda city launched in India is out my budget for Petrol Top End [cry], also mainly because i intend to keep my current car and buy a new one

so will be very out of my budget & hence going for Ertiga ZXI without alloys or Etios V SP Petrol (8 - 8.5 Lacs on road in Pune)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #27

Hi Patkar

Yes to be honest waiting to see some additions / refreshes on the existing Ertiga, since the swift and dzire are already getting refreshes and minor additions to interior kitting in the auto expo

Also i am a die hard Honda fan and always drove Hondas outside India. Not only that i always reccomended Jazz and City to all folks back in India, But the Honda city launched in India is out my budget for Petrol Top End [, also mainly because i intend to keep my current car and buy a new one

so will be very out of my budget & hence going for Ertiga ZXI without alloys or Etios V SP Petrol (8 - 8.5 Lacs on road in Pune)
Then waiting would be wise thinking,at least they should come up with chrome garnish and an Ertiga Automatic or an AMT,actually there were rumors that Auto would be launched in March 2013,i waited for that but got to know from Maruti, that it would take some more months.
I don't know what is their issue in launching AT in India,if they have provided in Indonesia.

If your buying Ertiga,why with steel wheels,will you go for after market? Actually
those are VFM,i have made that mistake of not buying an alloy.[frustration]

I am not son diehard fan of HONDA,but i expect i might have affair with her (HONDA City 2014 CVT) in near future.[lol]Just dreaming of her the day she is came in media.[:D]

Thread Starter #28

Some clicks of my LUV at my native place.[:D]
DSC00306.JPG
Standing amongst Gangs of Innova's
DSC00307.JPG
Heavily guarded by Innova's[lol]
DSC00308.JPG
Taking Ganpati Bappa for visarjan.
DSC00415.jpg
DSC00416.jpg
DSC00417.jpg