Before Accessorizing Your Beloved...

Thread Starter #1
1. tell the guys before hand or before deal...

any scratch any tampering will not be tolerated.

stay with them as long as possible while the job is carried.

ask them you want to see the job being carried out

always rely on reputed shops and technicians.

do not always try to mess up your ride with "comparatively cheaper " stuffs.

before anything is being recommended by the dealer have a thorough idea about same as much as possible.

counterfeit products are more available than original parts hope you know what does that mean.

any more tips ?

Nice points Jayadev

Importantly: Check how the change will impact your car's Warranty if your car is under the warranty period.

1. tell the guys before hand or before deal...

any scratch any tampering will not be tolerated.

stay with them as long as possible while the job is carried.

ask them you want to see the job being carried out

always rely on reputed shops and technicians.

do not always try to mess up your ride with "comparatively cheaper " stuffs.

before anything is being recommended by the dealer have a thorough idea about same as much as possible.

counterfeit products are more available than original parts hope you know what does that mean.

any more tips ?

Analise most of the product before purchasing.

Use forum of these kind to know about their real performance.

Seller are different kind , one type either do for money , some do business as passion.

While the former sell cheaper product , like the chinese brands (which are not only cheaper , also gives high profit to seller and more head ache to you)
the latter products must be genuine , must be slightly lower or near the mrp and has perfect bill and warranty.

Eg , a pioneer head unit is available both in grey and white . Choosing them depend on your choice , though both are priced same - seller stock grey more as they get greater profit than white one.

apart from above said products , there are still dumb people who buy delhi make pioneer (the thing will look crappy and it has pioneer sticker[frustration] on it) Sorry for people of these kind as they are taken for granted by the seller!

Now comes the warrenty part
Most of the original parts comes under warrenty , but no warrenty is covered if its affected by water .
speakers in door also in rear parcel tray are prone to water affect.
head unit are affected by ac water dripping (clean ac unit regularly)

A technician knows how to work - if you wish just stand along with him , BUT please never ever disturb him by asking crappy questions now and then. It will irritate him and also affect the work in your car.

And most important of this , give the dealer/seller /modifier ample time .
As the proverb says haste makes waste , give reasonable and ample time.

Thread Starter #5
ilango ,
thank you very much for the above valuable info.
a pioneer head unit is available both in grey and white
is their any major difference between them regarding quality?

BUT please never ever disturb him by asking crappy questions now and then
sure point , never disturb anybody when he working, you may just watch or observe with his permission only, if not permitted decision is in your hand though.

Thread Starter #7
ilango,
i heard grey ones are imported or smuggled from china or thailand or old stocks, and they suffer poor built quality and life comparitively to japanese or korean make .

ilango,
i heard grey ones are imported or smuggled from china or thailand or old stocks, and they suffer poor built quality and life comparitively to japanese or korean make .
Grey have lot of chances.
poor qualities smuggled becomes grey.
good quality smuggled becomes grey.

An eg , say 4 container JBL comes to india , 2 are made white , 2 are made grey.
Some times (rather most) grey are purposely made for accounting black money that is used for rest of purpose , say moving of container etc.
Reason - people prefer grey as they are cheaper!!

Even normal seller who depend on single dealer do not know what they sell , some really believe the pioneer speaker sold around 2K is original. They sell without proper knowledge.

While i was handling the store of my uncle , we got about 10 pioneer mp3 and the detail cum "made in Thailand" sticker separately!
So what do you say. Dealer dont have time to fix them too - selling like hot cakes?

Its your luck on grey on the end of the day!

To be on safer side , insist on warranty car , we insist

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
to all ,

here is a small info regarding counterfiet speakers though it is very difficult to identify but i had success in 95 percent of product maybe due to my experience with electronics.

the fake or counterfiet speakers may look like alike to original speakers but give a closer look to the glue at the coil ,for the magnets etc.
,the way they are bieng applied . the original one will have uniform and dark brown or black glue. (colour may vary much but still)

then the difficult but effective one is, the coil. the original manufacturer will use kapton coils(reddish brown colour)plasticy and translucent or aluminium alloy coils though outside is covered with paper. (they are expensive and very much efficient)

but fakes one will have coils mostly on paper only , inside outside.

it is difficult to get a view of coil but most of the car speakers have some gaps at coil . just try to look for above said aluminium or kapton coil it should be seen at the interior diameter of the coil. if you are lucky enough you will figure out the truth very easily.

with subwoofers/speakers which are completely sealed for any view of coil, glue technique may help.

ps: i had caught a kicker subwoofer priced for 6000. the dealer said both are same but the other one (the original) will have one year warrenty so it will cost rs.6500.

when we insisted we dont need the warrenty but two of the cheaper one and after much bargain dealer was ready to give it us for 4000 per peice as we are special customer (within minutes we got that status)

350Z

Core Team
Re: Before accesorising your beloved..

Excellent thread. Made sticky. It’s really important to keep a watch on the workers while the work is being done, then be it small or big. On the regular workshops, the workers will usually try to make best use of the time if you’re not paying enough attention in order to quickly finish the job.

Drive Safe,
350Z

1. Decide exactly what you want then check price at 3-4 shops
2. Bargain hard but don't compromise on quality
3. Always go for product with warranty and with bill
4. If you are ordering customized product then then some written document prof
5. Try to get more information about product through forum ask questions and clear doubts
6. Don't take accessories from dealers they quote more than double amount
7. Buy Chinese products if you don't have any other option or your fell that you are lucky charm.

Hello friends,
I owe a Vw Jetta. I want to install a music system with each and every features (GPS, DVD Player, Touch Screen, Reverse cam. etc). My car is fitted with RCD 310. The sound quality is good. But dont have much fetures. Can any one suggest.

Hello friends,
I owe a Vw Jetta. I want to install a music system with each and every features (GPS, DVD Player, Touch Screen, Reverse cam. etc). My car is fitted with RCD 310. The sound quality is good. But dont have much fetures. Can any one suggest.
The best system for you shall be Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835. It has all the features you are looking for and is specially made for Volswagon and Skoda cars. the features are as under
• Large 7” digital, anti-reflecticve TFT touch screen display (800 x 480 pixels)
• Built-in CAN interface supporting the original climate controls, the park assist system with up to 4 front & 4 rear sensors and the multi-functional steering wheel controls
• Prepared for Navigation (via bundling with dedicated, regional navigation Micro-SD)
• FM, MW, LW (AM) Tuner
• DVD/CD-player
• Built-in Bluetooth by Parrot for hands-free calling, phone book synch & audio streaming
• Built-in plus additional external hands-free microphone
• Front and rear USB for Audio and Video (Standard A-type)
• iPod/iPhone control via front and rear USB
• Front SDHC slot for Audio and Video
• DivX® playback
• Front and rear A/V input
• Rear Seat Entertainment
• 2 x Video output (CVBS) / 1 x Audio output
• Rear view camera input
• 3-band equalizer
• 4-channel pre-amplifier
• Sub-out

Hope it is of some help to you

I have query regarding seat covers:
My car comes with fabric seats. I need to put letheratte seat covers on my car seat. I am searching for slip on seat covers which simply put on on seat and tied secured with straps. However all i find is bucket fit seat covers everywhere which essentially mean tearing the original seats to put it.
I have used slip on seat covers on my polo which lasted 13 years without any issue.
Any information on getting simple put on seat covers for skoda slavia ambition variant is appreciated.

Top Bottom