Beast from the East: My Landcruiser Prado

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys ,This is a 2006 Toyota Landcruiser Prado VX. Initially we were supposed to get the Mercedes E280 CDi ,but due to the ingress and egress this suv was purchased. Back in 2006 i get a call from mom:

mom: we bought a new van,

me: which which?

she: some toyota

me: is it innova [frustration]

she: no some prada or prado

me: wow is it a petrol or diesel

She: i dont know the details ask the driver and hands over the phone

Driver: namaskar saab

me: is it a petrol, how many cylinders,bhp,etc etc etc

He: petrol gaadi ,no idea about the other stuff and it gives 5kmpl mileage.

ME: give the phone to mom,i ask mom is it fast ,

She: you will crash it in 5 minutes, its soo fast

Me: can you send it over to bangalore,i need to visit bandipur and go offroading

She: its a new car,and in your hands, in the jungle only the tyre will be left of the car.

I go to Hyderabad after 4 months ,huff it looks awesome, brand new, sit inside and start the engine, slot it in. D

Rummm...,takes off like a jet, awesome power, went right up to 180km in no time, even when floored at 130km you hit back to the seat. It handles slightly better to innova thats it. Brakes are good but after 120 you need a experienced hand to control this beast. After mastering the scorpio this was a piece of cake to me .

Last edited:
Wow, so you too are a Telugu + Kannada hybrid like me?

Anyway, you are so lucky that you have a Prado. Good choice instead of the Merc. The model on sale then is an old model now, while the Prado still seems like a fresh car. :biggrin:
BTW, are there roads in Hyderabad where you can reach 150+?? :eek:
As 350Z said, let the pics have their talk, too.

Thread Starter #6
I am not a cross bread,telugu all the way.
Prado does look fresh,we will replace it soon.
There are roads in hyderabad like NICE roads in Bangalore.
Posted the pics,check it out.

I am not a cross bread,telugu all the way.
Prado does look fresh,we will replace it soon.
There are roads in hyderabad like NICE roads in Bangalore.
Posted the pics,check it out.
Replace it with what? Another Prado?
Nice pics, nice reg. no. too.
Note: You can black out number plates while posting on online forum for privacy.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Arkin ,i dont mind the registration number displayed,if its against the rules of the forum please let me know ,i will definitely remove the number in future pics.

Replace it with a Rangerover vogue or bentley

350Z

Core Team
She looks beautiful, I must say. How much distance has it covered by now? I personally find this model to be a way better looking than the facelift which was introduced recently. It's alright to post pictures with uncovered registration number of personal cars.

821e48087b0d4d1b959be99421daf8d6.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #12
The face lift is just a move by toyota to attaract more buyers and it does not gel with the tuff prado image. My vehicle has done 90000km till date.

Hey WOW your Prado is looking great and this SUV has huge road presence!! So what is the actual FE you get and what about the maintenance costs?

I think you are the first Prado owner here and in future hope that you are the first Bentley owner here![;)]

The face lift is just a move by toyota to attaract more buyers and it does not gel with the tuff prado image. My vehicle has done 90000km till date.
Why dont you post some more details like servicing charges, and or any troubles you faced with your ride.

Top Bottom