BB 8820 / Non-Camera Smartphone?

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
i hate camera phone, i was using an N-Gage QD from 2005 onwards, it was a wonderful one. i could have continued with it but the in the centre body there was a crack and Fero helped me by giving me his old QD but that too had a crack. and now i have packed it away in original packing like when i bought it.
After that searching for a long time i got a Samsung Champ 3300D non-camera. happy with it.

I don't know why recently, i don't any non-camera smartphones in the market, so on ebay i saw a BlackBerry 8820 (T-Mobile unlocked).
now i have never used a BB.
So if anyone has ever used a 8820 please comment. also if you know any good cameraless smartphone kindly advice.

Go to ebay.in, type blackberry, the camera options will show on left, just click on 'no camera' option. You will get plenty of phone options.

Thread Starter #3
Go to ebay.in, type blackberry, the camera options will show on left, just click on 'no camera' option. You will get plenty of phone options.
I already found the model i like, BlackBerry 8820. i was wondering if anybody has used the phone earlier to get a performance review.

I have used two blackberries, 8520 and 9220 and I have always liked them. Blackberry does flwalessly whatever they are supposed to do. Emails, messenger, calender etc.
The one you mentioned (8820) is very old but it still will do the job. I got a similar blackberry as a back-up when I gave 8520 for repair of trackpad. This handset is also decent, and I earlier saw this handset with some consultants at my office.

The only issue may arise is of trackball because of accumulation of dust from the side gaps. My suggestion would be to find a blackberry with trackpad not trackball because trackball repair might be hard to get. And if possible get a phone with warranty of atleast 6 months.

Thread Starter #5
I have used two blackberries, 8520 and 9220 and I have always liked them. Blackberry does flwalessly whatever they are supposed to do. Emails, messenger, calender etc.
The one you mentioned (8820) is very old but it still will do the job. I got a similar blackberry as a back-up when I gave 8520 for repair of trackpad. This handset is also decent, and I earlier saw this handset with some consultants at my office.

The only issue may arise is of trackball because of accumulation of dust from the side gaps. My suggestion would be to find a blackberry with trackpad not trackball because trackball repair might be hard to get. And if possible get a phone with warranty of atleast 6 months.
thank you very much. i need wifi and no-camera, that's why i opted the 8820. since it is from ebay, i am unlucky on the warranty side. i know the trackball issue. the seller says that the trackball is easily available in the market and can be repaired easily.

Thread Starter #6
Thank you guys for commenting. today i bought the 8820 non-camera model. It is an unlocked T-Mobile version. It is imported to India By SNR Enterprises. this was information to me. if it is possible to get in touch with them directly then we can avoid on-line sellers and get these devices directly.

Top Bottom