Battle of the Estilos!

Thread Starter #1

Arun

Suspended
Ok. I have heard enough earfuls for getting the old Estilo Vxi in the first place.
The new one is just adding salt to my wounds.So I decided to set this straight once and for all. Some say they love the old one while the others differ.
A few images and words ought to do the trick.

First up the Engine:

The new KB10 engine:

The old F10D:

The KB10 specs:
Max Power(bhp/rpm): 68 PS @ 6200 rpm
Max Torque(Nm/rpm): 90 Nm @ 3500 rpm
Engine Capacity (cc):998 cc
Engine Type: 3 cyl
Transmission:5 MT
Drive: 2WD

The F10D
Max Power (bhp/rpm): 64 / 6,200
Max Torque (Nm/rpm): 84 / 3,500
Engine Capacity (cc): 1061
Engine Type: 4 cyl
Transmission: 5MT
Drive: 2WD

Cosmetic Changes.

The Keys:

The old one is a simple key with the remote attacked as a key-chain.The new one has an integrated remote.

The front:

This thing seems to be a mate between the i10 and the old Estilo's Eyes

Sweet and simple:

The Wheel covers:
Not much of a stunner but still looks good!

Interiors:
Body coloured interiors give a good feel but the beige is a class above!

The Console

My Opinion:
I prefer my Renegade!!
The new one isn't my taste. But the engine and the gear is definately a notch above the F10D. The transmission is too too damn smooth. Ask the old Estilo owners and they'll tell you what a pain it is to shift gears in the old Estilo!

Keep burning asphalt!!

Arun.

P.S: The console pic of the new Estilo is taken from cardekho.com due credits to them.

But on the road, I think the new Estilo is better as far as gearshifting and performance is concerned. I also think that the suspension has been improved. Do test drive the new Estilo to get yourself clearer. I particularly want to know about the suspension setups of both cars, so please help me out mate!!

Nice comparison dude. I think even the mileage would be higher than your old estilo with the F10 engine. K series is been marketed as fuel saver with higher power.

yes, old one has very bad FE figures. but both has smaller tyres which does not match with the height of the car. and i had front LH and RH axle complaints right from 1000 kms onwards which they couldn't rectify every after replacing with new one(2times) till 25,000 kms. it still exists.

deville_56

Honoured Member
FE keep changing from time to time in old ones. I got 8 km worst to 18+ best. skinny wheels spoiled the ride. They should have given 155 in LXi and 165 in Vxi instead of 145 scooter tyres in LXi and 155 in VXi

FE keep changing from time to time in old ones. I got 8 km worst to 18+ best. skinny wheels spoiled the ride. They should have given 155 in LXi and 165 in Vxi instead of 145 scooter tyres in LXi and 155 in VXi
oh!! thats real worse!!

145mm ?? I thought i10 has got the skinny tires, but this is worst part why car manufacturers are not spending few more bucks on tires.

Just to increase mileage they manipulate everything in tyres & forgets about the ride quality :(

deville_56

Honoured Member
ride quality and handling spoiled. even the fresh tyres used to skid on slight sandy surfaced.

Maruti used to sell Baleno LXi with 155/70 R13 when Tata was givign 165/65 R13 on Indica.

Nw only Maruti selling 145 wheels [Estilo LX/LXi, Wagonr R LX/LXi, 800, Omni and Alto]. Hyundai i10 is 155 now according to Autocar. Only Reva is sporting 145 other than MUL.

Thats really cheap of MUL. They put such potent engines under the cars' hoods and give them such poor tires and suspension setups. Even I hate this trend. Why can't these cars have wider tires as standard. Afterall, how much FE do you hope to achieve, even if it means putting innocent lives at risk?

deville_56

Honoured Member
But I bet it's real cheap to maintain Estilo. Never spent single penny other than for routine service, DIY mods and accident repairs [:D]

Top Bottom