Battle of the Entry Level UVs: Sumo Gold vs Bolero

Which UV is better buy at the moment

• Sumo Gold

Votes: 61 37.2%
  • Bolero

Votes: 103 62.8%

• Total voters
Autocar India has done a comparo of both these cars.Will post it once it appears in their portal, till then enjoy the test of new Sumo GOLD:
See the poll results buddy. 82:17, Sumo cant even come near to appealing anyone.

My friend has a Bolero , he just put alloys , fatter tyres , Auxuliary lamps in the roof , LED lighting , good ICE , a few extra gauges for the interiors and voila its a head turner in the streets now!
Drool stuff! Brute...!

I went through that Autocar review , they are not very impressed with the car. Their verdict was if you are on a tight budget and looking at a mass transporter then Sumo makes a good case for itself.
That is because Sumo costs 6.59 on road & bolero costs 7.19 on road. Bolero does not have a bare basic version like the Sumo. As i said, its a private vehicle & not a taxi like the Sumo.

I personally hate Bolero be it for its look or its ride or that tractor derived crude mdi engine.
Tractor derived? LOLZ. so as usual, you know nothing about these engines huh? Anyways, tired of proving things to you. Throw the useless magazines, venture out to know about these engines.

And but obvious, you have got nothing to say about the truck derived (407) engine of the Sumo.

Tata Sumo still looks timeless to me.
Any surprises here? [glasses]

I personally love silver coloured Victa, it reminds me so much of Vintage British SUVs, while Bolero looks like a lame attempt of wannabe Merc G wagen.
This is the best I could ever hear from you! Absolute display of bias.

Its a known fact that the Sumo is a copy-paste of Merc G wagon & here you are saying it looks vintage!

g wagon.jpg
sumo gold.jpg
mahindra-bolero-pictures.jpg

Looks apart, the bolero has the heart too. Put on those Cargos teamed with your aviator lenses and you are in business!

Sumo I can never see it to be self driven car. Clichéd may be but that's the fact.

I cant even imagine going to my buddies and say "Guys I guess what I bought! A Sumo!! "
ROFL! do the same in a Sumo & you will hear others saying "What does the taxi driver think of himself? Show off"!!!

Lolz.... You are to partial towards TATA product.

Come on Xover, you are again having biased views.
Again, anything new?

Dude things have changed in the new Bolero! for your information Now Bolero uses 'Mdi CRDe' which is called to be the country's cheapest CRDe technology engine to be used by Mahindra

And Tata fearing that Bolero would still make the Sumo extinct just upgraded it with a new CR4 engine and some minor cosmetic changes thus raising the prices further more.

And Mahindra did not hike the prices for the new Bolero when it was launched except for the ZLX variant.
Thank you for trying to instill some facts. I am using the word "trying to" because I am damn sure it wont help. Because according to Xover, m2DiCR is the same tractor engine... yes, we never knew tractors have CRDi engines!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for trying to instill some facts. I am using the word "trying to" because I am damn sure it wont help. Because according to Xover, m2DiCR is the same tractor engine... yes, we never knew tractors have CRDi engines!
That's true cant help a Tata product who is trying to prove everywhere that they are the best but the fact: THEY ARE NOT.

Tata is like developing country and Mahindra is like developed country in the case of this Bolero Sumo comparison thread.

@CoolDhaya that is one hell of a modified Bolero,thanks for sharing! Was he inspired with AMG look alike?

Raj this was friend's Bolero i mentioned , i like it!

Sumo can never be made to look like this IMHO.
GOSH! Looks killer man! Look at the stance... I want one, I want one!

That's true cant help a Tata product who is trying to prove everywhere that they are the best but the fact: THEY ARE NOT.

Tata is like developing country and Mahindra is like developed country in the case of this Bolero Sumo comparison thread.
Look at the pics above. Even the bonnet of the Sumo is a straight lift off the G wagon, including the shape & the creases on it. And biased TATA fans obviously cant see it!

Last edited:
Thanks guys i don't know from where he was inspired but i think maybe from Hummer! Trust me this beast looks killer at night!

Haha...thanks a lot dear DHAYA...I have got a new wallpaper!!
Now I am in a mood of quarreling with you,you have made me envious.:biggrin:

This pic will speak:-

Attachments

Sorry for this extreme OT..
So you gave us a glimpse of your desktop tooo....

So here is as far my observation goes, you are browsing in Incognito mode.

And i guess you have kept the NANO mania pic too...

Ohhhh la la Ohhhh la la Ohhh la la can be seen.

And to say my Desktop is also cluttered with all junk folders on the main screen.

Attachments

Last edited:
If I am right, New Sumo Gold cost 6.86L ex-shwrm.

Hmm, you have Dirty Picture & Desi Boyz on desktop. Are these original titles ? I doubt [lol].

If I am right, New Sumo Gold cost 6.86L ex-shwrm.
Then its a really VFM product,but still its looks are killing this UV,if Tatas can come up with something new then only it can be alive.
In my views Its not the SUMO's design which is ageless,but its the butch design of BOLERO which is truly ageless and is going to rule people's mind for even next years to come.

Hmm, you have Dirty Picture & Desi Boyz on desktop. Are these original titles ? I doubt [lol].
They are songs...I seldom watch movies!!

@ S Class

You are right bro and the base model of Gold starts at 5.23 lakh, amazing value for money for such a spacious UV.
That is a basic version,for taxi drivers only.In fact now a days people don't book them also as everyone now wants good and comfy taxis.

@Xover: Where is your reply for Bolero's wannabe Merc Wagen.

As the Sumo looks like a straight ripoff of Merc Wagen, its very evident.....

Thread Starter #27
OH o BABA, Bolero looks like a bad copy of G wagen from the side and back,but from the front it has indeed jeep looks while Sumo imitates G wagen from the front but the side and back is like classic Land Rover. There is another utility vehicle called Force Gurkha which looks like complete copy of G wagen from all angles.

PS: So mukesh buddy what are you up to here ha, you want me to praise mahindra designs, a aa, ain't gonna happen, because these are definitive views of the Xover that the best designed mahindra was the first gen Scorpio, after that.....
Nobody wants you to do that my friend. We are not fanboys.

Secondly, best part about you is that you post a comment (most often something very biased) & then when counter questioned, you have nothing substantial to say. And so, you dont reply, in short, leave the discussion mid way.

Hence, it actually not worth it. Lets move to some other topic. Come up with some other biased, fanboyistic, rational & amusing comment so that we can have a ball!

Last edited:
PS: So mukesh buddy what are you up to here ha, you want me to praise mahindra designs, a aa, ain't gonna happen, because these are definitive views of the Xover that the best designed mahindra was the first gen Scorpio, after that.....
Praising, its left to individuals, i don't want to enforce my views on everyone.

Each has his own view.

My reply was just after seeing comparo of Sumo @ Wagen..

@ S Class

You are right bro and the base model of Gold starts at 5.23 lakh, amazing value for money for such a spacious UV.

True bro extremely VFM but do you think anybody buys it? Still people buy hatchbacks which costs as high as 8Lakhs these days! I hardly see any Sumo as private vehicles these days. The glory days of Sumo are over , now its strictly reserved only for the Taxi segment. An average Indian buyer has set very high benchmarks nowadays. I have nothing against the Sumo , just saying it's dated and nobody will actually even consider it during a purchase!

Top Bottom