Battle of the Entry Level UVs: Sumo Gold vs Bolero

Which UV is better buy at the moment

• Sumo Gold

Votes: 61 37.2%
  • Bolero

Votes: 103 62.8%

• Total voters
The Sumo is a continental cruiser, built for laziness and comfort. Take those back seats out and it will be a family car like no other with a price that gives you supreme space, comfort and reliability. The Bolero on the other hand is cramped, badly finished and to me looks more dated than the Sumo. Big is beautiful, the Sumo has it in spades, slap a nice set of wheels, fiddle around with the instrument panel a little, a loud stereo (lots of space for a nice sub) and what you have is a great big dog willing to please. For gods sake, can these companies stop putting these cheap graphics and stickers on their vehicles.

Updated 2014 Tata Sumo Gold Launched | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Tata Motors claims improved NVH levels with lower in-cabin noise. The Sumo Gold gets added with dual AC, which is mounted on the roof for middle and third row seats. The audio system now gets USB and Bluetooth connectivity, which we have also seen on other updates such as the Nano, Indigo eCS and Indica. The clutch and the gearshifts of the Sumo Gold have been smoothened up for added comfort. The suspension setup has also been tweaked and softened for better ride quality.
Read more at Updated 2014 Tata Sumo Gold Launched | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

@IndicaDLS2002 and sunildutta can you tell us the service intervals of Bolero and the service cost.
Brother I think they both told us [:)] service cost needs to be seen .

M&M manual says 1st change during first service which is at 5K & then every consecutive change at every 10K after that.
Tata Sumo Gold Oil change frequency is 15000 km and also service interval is every 15000 km.

Yes only service cost they dint tell us .

Will tata make a sumo like this ->
Is this a real vehicle or an illustration? This is what Sumo should look like.
Need not offer this in lower variants but definitely TML can create a TOP end version with all beautification and target it towards private buyers. Classic metallic colours with zero cheap graphics. Yes TML can put some good quality chrome highlights may be around the windows, like those in Beamers, and other top end cars.

Last edited:
Is this a real vehicle or an illustration? This is what Sumo should look like.
Need not offer this in lower variants but definitely TML can create a TOP end version with all beautification and target it towards private buyers. Classic metallic colours with zero cheap graphics. Yes TML can put some good quality chrome highlights may be around the windows, like those in Beamers, and other top end cars.
The image is in google , and I think someone has modded it . And have put safari alloys to the sumo .

What you said is correct , this sumo can attract many buyers , I will buy it too . Just reduced the height a bit and make it the way it is in pic and maybe add the spare wheel back on the rear door. Anyway the space ride comfort and engine is superb in this car what it needs is a fresh retro urban look like the above pic .

My vote wholly goes for the Gold! It is much better engineered (though both are age old), whole lot spacious! I still remember the two white sumos my grandpa owned, one after the other; it can simply carry 10 people comfortably. Moreover now it has been upgraded a bit with more equipments!
The Bolero is not as well engineered and just "looks" rugged from the outside. It may be just good and sturdy over bad roads, but ride is poor. Cramped interiors are terrible to travel in! Though the Bolero is the highest selling MUV, it is not so good and is an illogical choice, when compared to the Sumo!

My vote wholly goes for the Gold! It is much better engineered (though both are age old), whole lot spacious! I still remember the two white sumos my grandpa owned, one after the other; it can simply carry 10 people comfortably. Moreover now it has been upgraded a bit with more equipments!
The Bolero is not as well engineered and just "looks" rugged from the outside. It may be just good and sturdy over bad roads, but ride is poor. Cramped interiors are terrible to travel in! Though the Bolero is the highest selling MUV, it is not so good and is an illogical choice, when compared to the Sumo!
I completely agree with you. Infact I had not driven both the cars before so I had voted in the poll for bolero since it looks better and butch .

The day I drove both ,I became fan of the sumo its just more fun to drive car relatively compared to bolero imho.

Gold is like girl looking to get married having superb features like knows cooking, knows singing, highly qualified, perfect house wife but doesnt look good
so gets rejected by most of the prospects. I the looks part is worked out I am sure it can make wonders in the market.

Of course the Gold looks boxy!
But add a couple of accessories like an aggressive Bull bar, High beam fog lamps on the roof, guards on the rear and some awesome alloys; the result will be an awesome, aggressive looking "road tamer" UV!

Top Bottom