Basic Tools To Always Keep Inside Your Car

Am on the hunt of getting myself a socket set for my DIY usage and am really confused to select one. Got zeroed on stanley STMT727948-46 piece set. Any better suggestions over the specified product is more than welcome. I do need a reliable, good quality yet cheap(<2000INR) socket set.

Have you tried searching for similar sets with Bosch. This is something I found while surfing.
Bosch 46-piece Screwdriver Set
Thats only screw driver set. I need 6 point socket so didn't go for it. Moreover I am confused which socket set to select 3/8 or 1/4. My primary use of the set is to do some simple DIY jobs such as cleaning air filter, cabin filter in my car and bike and also as a supplement to my car tool kit. I do know that simple open ended spanner/combination spanner would help my case, but the versatility and ease of use of socket set hooked me. So please do advise on the selection.

Last edited:
With so many incidences of vehicles catching fire on roads in Delhi, I have started keeping a multi functional-axe-plier-hammer tool along with a Swiss Army knife in dashboard of my car.
Not to miss the basic medical kit, puncture repair kit and few tools.
I bought this multi functional tool from Mussoorie Mall road off 400 bucks only. [clap]

Attachments

With so many incidences of vehicles catching fire on roads in Delhi, I have started keeping a multi functional-axe-plier-hammer tool along with a Swiss Army knife in dashboard of my car.
Not to miss the basic medical kit, puncture repair kit and few tools.
I bought this multi functional tool from Mussoorie Mall road off 400 bucks only. [clap]
It is indeed a very useful multi-tasker, compact tool, which sits hidden in the seat cover of passenger seat, since the day it was bought from Snapdeal, a couple of years back (came with a pouch as well) [clap]

i started to keep low cost mobile phone with sim card(bsnl) in glove box.( with all important number save in contact list)
Handy in case of range problem and regular mobile misplaced.
Nokia 105(Black)

any recommendation for a hydraulic jack for my hatchback ? the one with the car is poorly designed and takes aa good 14 mins to get a tyre off as one cant fully rotate the handle as it touches the ground

Thread Starter #71

350Z

Core Team
I’ve stumbled upon a few videos (of cases in India itself) where people have drowned because their car fell into a stream of water either due to accident or sheer negligence of driver. Therefore, I think it’s good to have a couple of life-jackets under the seat. More so for those who frequent such locations or do long road-trips. Life jackets aren’t too expensive. A quick search on Amazon shows it starts from Rs.700 onward.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom