Basic Tools To Always Keep Inside Your Car

I have a dynamo torch, first aid kit + a strip of Saridon and Crocin, puncture kit, foot pump, a roll of insulation tape, spare bulbs, and a Swiss army knife in addition to the normal kit supplied by the manufacturer.

Few days back I found jacking up my car with the mechanical jack pretty tiresome. And also the foot pump - I must have pumped at least a few hundred times to inflate the tyre.

I came across this ad in Times of India, and am seriously thinking of buying this.

Has anybody used these before?
I had bought one, but the device gave up while filling up air in Football. It didn't gave me chance to be used to fill up air in tyres.

I am planning to buy this one, it is Indian make and have read lots of\f good reviews about this product,

Link Image Makers (India) Pvt. Ltd., costs some where around 2500/-

I also have multipurpose hammer in my glove box.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
I would also recommend safety cotton hand gloves. You get double benefit. Safety from accidental scratches to our fingers/hand and also keeps our hands clean while changing tyres.

@ me.cube29,

Did you buy the air compressor from Link Image Makers? If so, can you give us your feedback. I am also planning on getting a reliable air compressor. If not, atleast a heavy duty foot pump.

i keep a bamboo stick around 2.5 feet in length between the drivers seat and the door. Can come in handy during a petty fight on the road! I hope i dont have to use it though..
Pepper spray can is good for ladies to keep trouble at bay..

Since I drive an oldie, i tend to carry a full spanner set, belts/hoses, bulbs, wires, araldite, fuses, few screws/bolts, *a hunting knife* along with an aircomppump, 2 jacks, tool set and medicines. Never needed to use any of them except the jack for innumerable punctures :X
As for car vaccums, those cheapo chinese ones selling in ebay and times are useless, no suction pwer at all, its better to vaccum at home with a regular machine.
I need to buy some cotton gloves.

Last edited:
i keep a bamboo stick around 2.5 feet in length between the drivers seat and the door. Can come in handy during a petty fight on the road! I hope i dont have to use it though..
Pepper spray can is good for ladies to keep trouble at bay..
Very well said mumbaikar. Even two of my relative keep a bamboo stick in their scorpios. By curiocityi asked them the reason behind this and guess the they replied the same as you mentioned. But till date they have not used it. You will see a lot errant drivers on highways who makes driving on highway very risky.
But overall this thread is very usefull to me. As i have recently purchased new verna, i was looking for the tools which can be benefitial in case of emergency. Thanks 350Z[clap]

Cheers

One more thing i forgot to tell that along with hydraulic jack one must keep a long at least 3ft steel rod. As at times it becomes very hard to roll the jack underneath of vehicle.
In that case this long rod can be handy.

Also one should keep a hammer of minimum 600 grams to break the window glass in case of emergency. I myself have a hammer in my car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammer is a good idea but it needs to be securely fastened and accessible at the same time.. You dont want a flying missile of a hammer at you during an accident god forbid..

Keep some 1 Rupee coins for use in the PCO in case of emergency. Also keep a list of important phone numbers on a laminated sheet. Both these will be real handy if your mobile runs out of battery / hangs / conks off or if you loose your mobile.

Important Mechanical Tools for Car

I have noticed that many people does not keep necessary tools in their car. It is very important to keep few important mechanical tools while you drive so that you do not face any problem in time of emergency. Few are like jaws, range, sockets and so on. Would you like to add some more on the list?

Regards

How about a Hockey bat? in case if someone want's to mug you when you are travelling in the night or in a deserted highway

Hi,
For self defense Steel Hand batons and pepper spray (security guards uses these) has to be there in the car if you are travelling in the night or unknown territory.

Top Bottom