Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16 (2009) - Midnight Black

Thread Starter #287

deville_56

Honoured Member
Proper detailing is a costlier scene. It's a staged process. Preparing the surface, waxing and sealing. Meguiars set the benchmark and got great reviews. I would say a good investment. Spent by my brother and took the pain doing. Already did 3 bikes and currently doing Fiesta. Still enough left for 2-3 cars atleast. Doing at some detailer would cost 3k for bike and 8-12k for car for basic package with 1-2 year life and needs reapplication in specific intervals like 3 months.

Due to the cost, we bought only compound and wax, yet to get sealant.

Would post GT photos, difference is mind blowing, particularly the swirl removal and color restoration.

Proper ceramic detailing kit would cost 15k+. Cheaper ones are just sealants.

Proper detailing is a costlier scene. It's a staged process. Preparing the surface, waxing and sealing. Meguiars set the benchmark and got great reviews. I would say a good investment. Spent by my brother and took the pain doing. Already did 3 bikes and currently doing Fiesta. Still enough left for 2-3 cars atleast. Doing at some detailer would cost 3k for bike and 8-12k for car for basic package with 1-2 year life and needs reapplication in specific intervals like 3 months.

Due to the cost, we bought only compound and wax, yet to get sealant.

Would post GT photos, difference is mind blowing, particularly the swirl removal and color restoration.

Proper ceramic detailing kit would cost 15k+. Cheaper ones are just sealants.
What is the time interval to use the compound and wax you used on your bike?
And can you please suggest me any best compound, wax and sealant?

Thread Starter #289

deville_56

Honoured Member
What is the time interval to use the compound and wax you used on your bike?
And can you please suggest me any best compound, wax and sealant?
Expecting 6 months depending on abuse level. Next application requires only wax and sealant.

This is the best in the affordable range. Over that there are brands like Chemical Guys, Ceramic Pro, etc. which are damn costly and seen only commercial size packing.

For monthly or once every other monthly application, there is regular carnauba wax like Formula 1 and Turtle Wax. Formula 1 Scratch Out removes scratches and oxidation. Been using those for 10 years before trying this [lol]

Thread Starter #291

deville_56

Honoured Member
Why are you not using any crash guard or sliders on your barricade?
Ours' were one of the first ones in town before FZ became common. That time, there was not any crash guards available (though Yamaha had hell lot of amazing customization parts from looks to performance). Later by the time they launched the wider seat one, local ones started appearing, then dealer themselves started fitting. Looked really weird. By that time, got used to it. Never ever felt the need for one. Got 3 of them in my backyard scraps removed from various FZ's [evil]

Once looked for frame sliders, then gave away the thoughts. Simple and dimple.

Thread Starter #300

deville_56

Honoured Member
Can you please explain me how to buff the stock levers?
Option 1: My way.
Remove levers. Sand off with 400-800 emery paper.
Smooth out with 1000-1500 paper.
Make sure not to make too much deep scratch.

Option 2:
Take it to an electroplater or lathe. They have buffing wheel. They charge 100-200 for 2 levers.

Top Bottom