Barricade - Yamaha FZ-16

This is exactly the same as my current petrol tank cap. In the new one the part marked with green is plastic (white colour). But the holes marked with red are missing. So I can confirm this is a manufacturing defect. The current leaky cap is Minda make. New one is spark. Deeply appreciate your post. Very very helpful. I'll get my new one replaced. Thank you. Screenshot_20201115-121857_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20201115-122229_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thread Starter #512
This is exactly the same as my current petrol tank cap. In the new one the part marked with green is plastic (white colour). But the holes marked with red are missing. So I can confirm this is a manufacturing defect. The current leaky cap is Minda make. New one is spark. Deeply appreciate your post. Very very helpful. I'll get my new one replaced. Thank you. View attachment 283212 View attachment 283213

My new one had the hole in the black plastic. Didn't check the inside one.

2019-07-25 21-15-47.jpg

(Spark is the new branding for Minda)

My new one had the hole in the black plastic. Didn't check the inside one.

View attachment 283214

(Spark is the new branding for Minda)
Yes this is an important set of air passage holes (I think it's called breather holes (not sure) ) without which petrol will not flow out from the tank. This is a one way mechanism which doesn't let petrol evaporate out from the tank but lets air in. This is a most often overlooked part. If this is clogged even partially, it affects top end performance. Although I noticed the difference between the new and old ones, initially I thought there could be some changes due to design revision so that the holes could be located elsewhere in the new one. Also the seller was obstinate that this could not have ant defects as it's Genuine Yamaha since all Genuine Yamaha parts come quality checked. That's why I got confused. Thank you so much.

Thread Starter #514
Last edited:
Top Bottom