Bangaloreans - Please Raise Your Hand!!

I think i covered all the places of bangalore, from kalasipalyam - wilson gardens - mg road - brigade road - malleshwaram - lal bagh - mekri circle - koramangala - right upto yelahanka..... did this for about a week. Thing is i found most of the people driving in the middle of the road or on right side at 30kmph, with road clear in front of them, that was really really odd/frustrating, plus flashing lights/honking does not work, you have to overtake from wrong side (left). At any time of the day, except during the day before diwali in the afternoon, all roads were full of traffic, what we in Mumbai called Yedaa (Mad) Type. Also agree that traffic & travel time taken to get from point A to B in mumbai is bad too, but the way the average joe drives in bengaluru has to be experienced to understand exactly what i'm talking about.[frustration]
As for the pub scene, fantastic, STYX Rox!!!
Can anyone shed some light on a Hanuman Temple located on outskirts of the city - it has a huge Hanuman Idol outside, was short of time, else would have definately visited, surely next time!

As for language issue, did not find any trouble as whoever i spoke to understood hindi / english, rest you keep adding Maadi, coz everything is Maadi Tinged!

Malls & **** are found everywhere, so really did not find anything eye catching, did miss out on the technology museum or something that was talked about in earlier reply, next time I visit, I surely will announce to Fellow TAI'ans of Bengaluru, who hopefully will show me around some more of their city - till then enjoy maadi!

Last edited:
Just to add my 2 cents:

I have lived (I mean lived for more than 1 year) at Kolkatta, Blore, Mumbai, Chennai, Mysore, Patna, Jallandhar and a few other cities / towns for a little shorter duration (like San Diego, Minnesota, Chandigarh etc in the US) . My company HO is in Delhi now, so I keep visiting the capital often too.
This is because my dad had a transferrable job so studied across the country.

I will be honest, this travel infact broadened my horizon and to accept a place for what it is good at and not necessarily for what it is not. For eg, Chennai, irrespective of whether I knew Tamil, I had a really really good time staying there for a year and a half and enjoyed US even with the real cold weather there.
So, I know its personal opinion to like / dislike a place, but you will never get to explore and enjoy your stay in a city if you do not accept individual cultures/languages/specifics.

Just thought of sharing my travel/living in a city philosophy knowing fully well I am hijacking RSMs thread [:)].

Cheers,
Vroom

O T
Well, I just landed in Mumbai and had to go to Chembur from Malad. Man, took me around 4 hours with major traffic jams everywhere from Ghatkopar to Chembur. So I guess traffic is bad in more or less all major cities in India.

Cheers,
Vroom
It took abt 2 hrs for me.The traffic is because of the metrorail projects going on.Before that chembur to malad was 40 mins which still is when yo drive early in the morning[:D]

Sorry for hijacking RSM's thread

350Z

Core Team
Okay, Let's now focus on "Bangalore Members" (as this thread is in The Automotive India Meets Section) Instead of "Bangalore Experiences". [roll]

Drive Safe!
350Z

See, I don't know Kannada and when we spoke to the localites there in Hindi or English, Their faces were blank, Even the Taxi driver didn't knew so our relatives arranged one for us.

Exactly! This is another case.
Driving there is also not so easy or maybe we all are used to the cities where we are livng from long time.

Anyways, Let's come back to the topic because this turning to be a "Bangalore Experiences" Instead of meet, Other wise we will need to move it in "The Travel Experiences" Section.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Vibhor, almost 90% people in Bangalore speaks Hindi irrespective of thier education. But they will act like they can not understand. Especially Taxi's and Autos. I am telling this from my bitter experience. No offense intended please.

I am from Calicut, Kerala but was working in Bangalore. Currently I am on deputation, still my base branch is Bangalore. So I am a sort of Bangalorien [:)]

Thread Starter #21
RSM dude, are you from STJIT, ranebennur?? me from BIET dvg. you must have heard of grasim industries, kumarapatnam. my dad used to work there. you must have seen the saff colony also. so we used to stay there. we stayed there for 10 years. now my dad got retired and we shifted to davangere.
Yes i studied in STJIT.
I know about the Grasim inductries, but never went near to that.

Thread Starter #26
I live in Bangalore too. Would love to meet up with other auto enthus. RSM, why don't you PM me your number so that we can meet up? Thanks.
Hi, I tried but i think you need to change setting to receive PM.
We just had a mini meet last week. But sure we can meet up sometime later.

Last edited:
He needs to cross 20 posts to be able to use PM!! Mail him instead RSM!!

BTW why don both of you come here for Chennai meet in your car!![:D]

Ok, I got a PM from the Support Staff for joining the forum. So I assumed I should be able to "receive" a PM [frustration]. Anyways, those who want to get in touch with me can do so on +919035742940 or mail me rrk_18 at hotmail dot com .

Being a part of many other Automotive forums means I am always on the move meeting up with auto enthu's like myself day in day out. Infact, last week a few friends and myself drove down to Ooty for lunch (yes, you can call us crazy) in 4 cars and a Honda Hornet.

It would be lovely to meet you all too.

@ Cooldhaya: Infact I was in Chennai 3 days back. Had I come across this forum earlier, I could have met up with you.

Top Bottom