Bangalore to Wayand

Thread Starter #1
For our first anniversary we were thinking of going to some place far away from our office. We discussed on couple of places. I want to go Lonavala, she wants to visit Wayanad. It was on our itinerary for a long time. We tried Vythri resorts last year, but it was full, want to try again this year. But luck was not on our side. It was full this year too. Surfed online and found another beautiful resort – Rain Country. I called them for availability. Since it is middle of the week, they almost have all cottages available. We booked individual cottage which is having valley view. We wired 3.5k as advance and confirmed the same. Because it is our anniversary she needs a leisurely trip which means, I don’t drive. So we booked a cab from my friends contact.

The day came. I kept some surprise for my wife that night before we start to Wayanad. Since I am not driving I kept the surprise unfold on 12AM on our first anniversary. I got a cake, card, flowers, wine and a ring. We celebrated almost 1 hour sharing our beautiful moments of one year. Time went by, but we didn’t bother as I’m not driving.

The next day we woke up at 4AM and got ready on 5AM as planned by us. Our first stop was on Kamat in Mysore road for breakfast. We had idli wrapped in coconut leaf. I had it for the first time and it was great. I had two of those and a vada. Soon after filling our stomach we drove towards Srirangapattanam. We had our prayers there and had prashatam. The prashatam was filling pongal with black peppers. There were no crowd inside the temple. I saw Tipu’s death place near temple. We didn’t take any pictures there though.

We passed through Mysore – Nanjangudu – Gundulpet and soon reached Bandipur. We did our entry in Kerala RTO post and drive inside the forest. I managed to spot some 30 deers close to road. I spotted a lonely wild boar too.

DSC07015.jpg

There were many speed breakers in Karnataka part but none in Kerala side. We took NH212 till Lakkidi. The route is Sultha Bathery – Kalpetta – Vythiri – Lakkidi. The resort is on top of a small peak itself. The road to resort from NH212 is pathetic. Last 3kms took as nearly 30 minutes. When we reached there we were so happy, the reason is below.

DSC07019.jpg

DSC07022.jpg

DSC07023.jpg

DSC07028.jpg

I spot this little fella when we were roaming inside the resort..

DSC07043.jpg

DSC07044.jpg

A beautiful cottage in hill..
DSC07050.jpg

DSC07065.jpg

DSC07067.jpg

Wife enjoying a walk inside the resort...

DSC07077.jpg

Fighting with umbrella :)

DSC07031.jpg

DSC07086.jpg

DSC07089.jpg

More to follow on next day - Pookode lake/Kuruva Island/Banasura Dam

DSC07135.jpg

Hope you guys like it..

Attachments

Happy Anniversay Raam!![:)]. Nice capture. It is a best place to visit during monsoon. Haven't you been to the soochipura water falls and lakkidi view point? Hope you enjoyed the boat ride at banasura dam. Waiting for some more updates and pics...

Happy Anniversery ram, Vythri is the place to be in Waynad but looking at the place where you stayed in, i got to say you did not miss much, eagerly waiting for the full report.

Thread Starter #8
Hi all thanks.. Yes I missed Vythiri, but Rain Country is a beautiful resort too for those who wants to enjoy close to nature. Yes we went to Pookode lake as well as Soochipara falls. I will update those too with pictures. I am stuck with work here. I will find sometime tonight and post pictures from day 02 and 03 too.

wow raam. many congrats to you on your anniversary and making this trip. loved the photos. i m definitely up for more pics from the trip though. i loved that cottage amid st the forest shot.

Ram

Congratulations man !! What more some body can gift than such a resort trip [:)]

The views are awesome. I have seen one program on Vythiri resort in TV and since then I was really thinking to go to Waynad. I have to see if I make it next year.

Thank you for sharing nice photos around the resort. Even this resort looks good !!

Hey Ram, cool weather there.

The only thing you missed was your Accent on this drive.

How is your MMI Vx140S?

Waiting for more pics.[:)]

Thread Starter #12
After a long gap I'm updating this thread, hope you guys wont mistake me. My short onsite trip followed by some work, kept me away from TAI for a while.
On Day 2, we started early which is around 8'O clock to Pookode lake. It was not crowded, since it is a weekday as well as early. We took a executive boat for ourself and enjoyed the lake at early hours. The rower is a Nepali, I'm surprised to see him speak Malayalam and Tamil. Below are the pictures taken in Pookode lake.
DSC07136.jpg

DSC07184.jpg

DSC07155.jpg

Wife trying to be adventurous..
DSC07190.jpg

The pictures above won't do any justice to the beauty of this place. After the ride we did some shopping. We purchased chocolate tea, and some stuffs for friends and us. The next stop is Kuruva Dweep(island). We just walked around the island for an hour or so. I tried to cross a stream, but found a snake lying around rocks so returned back. The sound of bamboo dancing in wind in amazing. Again this place is not crowded too. Below are the pictures from Kuruva island.

Before crossing (damn tired of humidity)
DSC07196.jpg
Find the frog
DSC07203.jpg
Trying to be an alien
DSC07210.jpg
Nice stream around the lake
DSC07217.jpg
other pictures around the island
DSC07212.jpg

DSC07216.jpg

DSC07221.jpg

After the island trip had the traditional Kerala food in a local shop, we were hungry. Our next stop was Banasura Earthern Dam. Wife wants to try speed boat here. We walked to the top of dam and booked a boat for ourself. Below are the pictures from the dam.

DSC07222.jpg

DSC07227.jpg

DSC07271.jpg

DSC07255.jpg

DSC07256.jpg

DSC07281.jpg

DSC07289.jpg

End of day 02. We returned back to resort, had our dinner and slept.

Top Bottom