Bangalore To Mumbai (Weekday Ride)

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,
Next week I'm planning to do Bangalore to Mumbai solo ride (Vehicle: Hyundai EON).
I've already serviced my vehicle, and would like to have pointers regarding few things.
PS: This is my first ride above 300Kms, and so any tips would be helpful.
Also, I'd like to start on 5th Sept (Wednesday, early morning).

1. What time should I start in order to complete the ride on the same day?
2. Where along can I take breaks (breakfast,lunch)?
3. Any particular stretch where I should avoid filling fuel?
4. How much cash should I carry for tolls?

Any other things that I need to know, would be helpful.
Thanks [:)]

Here's the route:

Attachments

Hi guys,
Next week I'm planning to do Bangalore to Mumbai solo ride (Vehicle: Hyundai EON).
I've already serviced my vehicle, and would like to have pointers regarding few things.
PS: This is my first ride above 300Kms, and so any tips would be helpful.
Also, I'd like to start on 5th Sept (Wednesday, early morning).

3. Any particular stretch where I should avoid filling fuel?
4. How much cash should I carry for tolls?

Any other things that I need to know, would be helpful.
Thanks [:)]

Here's the route:
hi Nick,
4am would be an ideal start,so that you are in Mumbai by 10pm or earlier.
The Stretch from Hubbali to Satara is in very good condition,Satara to Pune there are little diversions with potholes.
Hubbali to mumbai toll would be around 700/- with few tolls having dedicated Fastag lane.
Thats all info from my side,you will get more information from TAI members.
All the best for your trip.

You require about 18 hours to drive including breaks. So, plan accordingly.

I don't miss taking food at Sai Food Court, located after Kolhapur, about 10 km from the Kini toll plaza on RHS, while driving from Bangalore to Mumbai. The food is good; toilets are super clean. [clap][:)]

DSC07794.JPG

Last edited:
1) Roads are good. Ample amount of facilities en route.

2) Two lane road between Hubli - Dharwad, be alert here as lot of crazy overtaking takes place in this section. You will get some traffic from Kolhapur onwards till Pune. Section between Satara to Pune has developed potholes on highway, drive slowly else your suspension might get damage. Try to cross Pune prior to 5:00pm else you will get stuck in horrible jams. (Its like Dabaspet - Neelmangala patch)

3) For food break you can try Apoorva Resort (near Davagere), Ramya Residency (near Dharwad), Sankam Residency (Belgaum), KFC - MacD - CCD (Kolhapur), Hotel Sai International (Kolhapur, need to take U turn hence be careful), Mirch Masala (Karad), Vittal Kamat (Shirwal), Radhakrishna (Pure veg, Wakad), Foodcourt (Expressway)

4) For fuel i know there is BPCL COCO (Ranebennur), BPCL (Dharwad bypass), BPCL COCO (Kolhapur Bypass), HPCL COCO (near Shirwal, you can find Vittal Kamat food outlet in its campus), HPCL COCO on expressway. Fill the fuel in Karnataka itself as it is cheap than Maharashtra.

5) I traveled in this route last April. The toll were as follows,
Neelmangala (20), Tumkur (36), Kaythsandra(36), Karjeevanhalli (75), Guilalu (60), Hebbalu (60), Chalageri (75), Bankapur (55), Gabbur (45), Narendra (Show Gabbur Toll receipt), Hirebagewadi (90), Hattargi (25), Kognoli (60), Kini (70 - You can pay for Tasawade toll here itself, just show the toll recepit), Tasawade (70), Anewadi (60), Khedshivapur (90), Expressway toll to Mumbai (230 - show the receipt near Khalapur toll). Apart from this money do keep some additional change at your end.

6) Keep proper tyre pressure. The time gap between all these tolls in maximum 1 hour, hence keep habit of coming out of car to check it visually while you stretch yourself. Have light and good food, keep drinking water and be hydrated.

Have a happy drive !! Update this forum with your experience when you come back.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys for all the tips.
I'll be sure to keep them in mind and handy for the trip.
I'll try to upload the detailed travelogue once it's done.
Cheers![thumbswink]

Take care about the stretch from Pune to Satara , Highway not at best condition.

Start at 4 am and try to cross/bypass Tumkur and beyond before 7 am and then take your first break.

Be careful of mobile Speed Guns (max 80 kmph) at Karnataka else would be fined by Cash/Card.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Take care about the stretch from Pune to Satara , Highway not at best condition.

Start at 4 am and try to cross/bypass Tumkur and beyond before 7 am and then take your first break.

Be careful of mobile Speed Guns (max 80 kmph) at Karnataka else would be fined by Cash/Card.
Any particular areas where they generally have the speed guns stationed?

Thanks for the heads-up [:)]

Any particular areas where they generally have the speed guns stationed?

Thanks for the heads-up [:)]
I have seen the speed gun near Davangere and Sira. There is interceptor after Hubli as well, there were among 6-7 cops some 2 kms ahead who were stopping outstation vehicles, they made me to stop as well but after looking family inside they waved me to go. I did not came across any speed guns in MH section.

You need to carry all your documents including valid PUC with you. I am sure you will be made to stop near Kolhapur - Satara section for routine checkup (as you are outsider for them [:D]).

You need to carry all your documents including valid PUC with you. I am sure you will be made to stop near Kolhapur - Satara section for routine checkup (as you are outsider for them
Please carry original documents including DL, even if you have them in DiGilocker.

You can travel on these roads at night as well, there is no safety issue as such. You need to plan your breaks accordingly as in night most of pumps and restaurants might be closed.

How about travelling with family women on these roads at night is it safe? or better travel during daytime only.

This road is safe always. Plenty of options for foods, fuels and clean wash rooms. Being a part of GQ the road surface is in superb condition. No safety concerns. However for smooth drive you need to take few considerations as it is busy highway.

If your destination is Pune/Mumbai then ideal start time is 4:00 AM. You may have breakfast at Kamath Ranebennur (300 KM) Lunch at Kolhapur(600) and reach Pune by 5:00 PM before city traffic kick starts. In MH two wheeler will create few heart-in-mouth situation unless you drive under speed limits. Traffic is more in MH than KA.

Another Ideal departure time is 1:00 PM where you can reach Pune by 1:00 AM. Happiest thing is you can avoid almost all two wheeler competitors on road.

This route have many COCO bunks and no need to worry about the quality and quantity measures here.

Few of them

BPCL COCO After Nelamangala toll (27 KM from First toll at Parle factory)
HPCL COCO attached to Kamath
HPCL COCO attached to Kamath & CCD
BPCL COCO at Sira (there are one each both side. Both are COCO)
IOCCL COCO at Davanagere bypass
2 BPCL COCOs at Dharwad (Kotur)
BPCL COCO just before MH border. fuels are cheaper in KA so fill it before entering MH

Interceptors are active between Davanagere bypass and Harihar bypass, Hubli-Dharwad bypass and occasionally at Sira Bypass.

@Amruth, thank you so much friend, lot of useful information. My actual plan is visiting Sukrachrya temple near Ahmed nagar, Shani singapur and shridi. I have a child who is sensitive to sleep so I need to take night breaks, confused where to take night break, timings, hotels? etc. Any help heartily welcome.

@Amruth, thank you so much friend, lot of useful information. My actual plan is visiting Sukrachrya temple near Ahmed nagar, Shani singapur and shridi. I have a child who is sensitive to sleep so I need to take night breaks, confused where to take night break, timings, hotels? etc. Any help heartily welcome.

If you start from Bengaluru at 4/4:30 AM you can reach Pune by 6:00 PM with decent cruising speed of 90-110. So Plan accordingly.

Top Bottom