Bangalore To Kalahasti Route: Need Info

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone.

I am planning to visit Kalahasti this weekend and need information regarding the route, there are couple of routes available to reach Kalahasti from Bangalore (via NH4 and other via kolar). Please do share the information if you have any on this like which route will be best. Thanks in advance.

hi buddy welcome to TAI!! well for bangalore routes mukesh is the best guy to guide you here!! [:)]

Swiftian,

I advice you take B'lore-Kolar-Palamaner-Chittor-Thirupathi-Kalahasthi
totally 285kms.

Last weekend i came to b'lore from vellore via chittor, palaminari route. the route is good(especially no tolls[:D]). upto punganur(from B'lore) their will a double road(clean and fantastic road).after that Single road only, but the road is good.

if u want to buy some mangos fruits, u can buy on this road.

but, B'lore-Hosur-Ambur-Vellore-Chittor-Thirupathi-Kalahasthi is comes around 352kms. upto vellore u can find Double road, after that single road only.

there are 3 Toll Booths on this road
Toll plaza 1: Krishnagiri
Toll Plaza 2: Vaniyambadi
Toll Plaza 3: Pallikonda

don't know the exact charge, i came to know from my friend the charges got increased somewhat.

Have a great trip[thumbsup],

don't forgot to post ur experience........

@ Swiftian:The second route will be the long route.
Better go for the 1st route, Even my self leaving for Tirupathi this evening.

Thread Starter #6
Guys, Thanks for your inputs.

I have taken Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal-Palamaner-Chittor-Thirupathi-Kalahasthi (total 286 Kms). Started from Bangalore around 11.30AM on Saturday and reached Kalahasti at 5.30 pm (with 30 mins stop for lunch at Palamaner).

Route review: Till Mulbagal (around 95kms) its Four lane (minimum traffic) and can maintain a speed of 120 kmph, Mulbagal - Chittor its single narrow roads (moderate traffic with lot of trucks) and can go 70 - 90 kmph. From Chittor till Kalahasti roads (moderate traffic with trucks, cars) are better compared to Mulbagal - Chittor roads and can maintain speed of 90 - 100 kmph.

Kalahasti: Not much to see here except the temple and stayed there over night. Morning visited the temple and performed some puja after noon.

Return: Started at around 6.15 and was trying to reach Chittor NH4 before switching on head lights. But could not make it and had a tough time facing high beam lights from Taxis and APSTCs. Stopped in between Mulbagal - Palamaner for dinner around 9pm and could able to reach Bangalore around 11.30pm.

Total Distance covered: 580 Kms
Total Fuel consumed : 35 Liters
Average Mileage : 16.6 KMPL !!! (in Swift Petrol 1.3L version)

Totally it was a nice trip !!!

Last edited:
Mulbagal - Chittor its single narrow roads (moderate traffic with lot of trucks) and can go 70 - 90 kmph.
yes,

Driving from Mulbagal- chittor would be thrilling. we can check the real pickup & performance of our car on this road.

to avoid toll booths on B'ore-Hosur-Ambur-Vellore-Chennai route the trucks using this road. but, we should be very careful while driving this route during night time.

Last edited:
But could not make it and had a tough time facing high beam lights from Taxis and APSTCs. Stopped in between Mulbagal - Palamaner for dinner around 9pm and could able to reach Bangalore around 11.30pm.

Total Distance covered: 580 Kms
Total Fuel consumed : 35 Liters
Average Mileage : 16.6 KMPL !!! (in Swift Petrol 1.3L version)

Totally it was a nice trip !!!

i agree with you, the APSTC & trucks won't use dipper at night[frustration]. even though we use dipper they just don't care.

your mileage is good yaar .[clap]........

Mine gave only 15kmpl(with A/C).

Just came back from Kalahasti enroute Tirumala.

It was a rainy drive from Palamner to Mulbagil.
Awsome pickup in my Scorpio, all vehicles giving way to you.
Well the headlight of APSRTC didn't bother me much.

Will update in my thread tomorrow.

Last edited:
Did a Bangalore - Sriharikota & return. Thought to update the latest road conditions / route taken.
Onward: 8am - 4pm, Bangalore - Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamaner - Bangarupellam - Gajulapalli - Mudigolam - Kanipakkam Arch - Gaddanki - Tirupati Bypass - Renigunta - Srikalahasti - BN Kandriga - Sullurupeta - Sriharikota.
Bangalore - Palmaner: Awesome roads. 4 lane divided highway.
Palamaner - Bangarupellam: 4 lane divided highway, but 5-6 diversions, some pretty confusing. Some gravel roads, some mud roads. The finished concrete sections are awesome.
Bangarupellam - Gajulapalli - Mudigolam - Kanipakkam Arch: 1-2 lane undivided roads. General road condition is good. Usual village traffic, road directions are a bit confusing, for a first timer. If you can bear the Chittoor traffic, this is not an alternative. But peaceful, mango farm surrounded, a bit lonely, lovely village roads. No potholes.
Kanipakkam Arch - Gaddanki - Tirupati: Wide 2 lane, undivided. 3 vehicles can easily go side by side. No major issues in overtaking. Some mad drivers too. Nice tar surface. Widening (probably to 2-3 lanes each side) taking place in full swing. Except a bit heavier traffic.
Tirupati Bypass - Renigunta - Sirkalahasti: Wide 2 lane, undivided for most part. Nice tar surface here too. Most speedbreakers are well marked.
Srikalahasti - BN Kandriga: 1.5 lane undivided. Good surface, no potholes.
BN Kandriga - Sullurupeta: 1 lane undivided. Good surface, pretty narrow. You have to get down the steep (often) red sand shoulder (not always easy) for the opposite vehicle.
Sullurupeta - Sriharikota: 2 lane undivided, beautiful roads (most of it divides Pulicat lake). Lovely roads. Sunsets & sunrises will be really awesome here.

Break options: Beyond Palamaner, few & far. In Tirupati bypass, had lunch at Southern Spices. Recommended.

Returned through the same route. Took 9+ hrs (Reached Bangalore outskirts at 6pm, right at the peak hours). Around 1+ hrs in Bangalore traffic.

Trivia:
1. Sriharikota doesn't have a place to stay. Stay in Sullurupeta. Very few options. Pretty ordinary hotels. Expect only basic amenities. People interested to visit PSLV/GSLV rocket missions (for seeing the live launches), you can do now. There is a new Space Launch Gallery opened for public. Google the name SHAR & register yourselves.
2. Pulicate lake: Peak season is Dec-Jan. Flamingos & Pelicans are in abundance. Local festivals conducted. Boating service get introduced too.
3. Southern Spices - Veg as well as Mutton Biriyani were good. Recommended. Clean Bathrooms. Located in Tirupati Bypass.

Top Bottom