Bangalore To Hyderabad Road Conditions

@Sekhar

Yes, agitations are in full swing now and they have announced a agitation plan for next complete week, so It is not advised to travel now via Anantapur and kurnool. Though there is no rasta roko on the day you planned but you really do not know what exactly happens when on the road, so it is a risky thing.

Sad. Some need it and some do not need it. I think soon, India will overtake America in No.of states. Every one wants to become Ministers.

Hope for peaceful days ahead

@Appus,

It is being a very sensitive issue and hope our forum rules does not allow to discuss a political issue, hence we should not get into the same[:)]

Thank you.
I can not avoid the travel now. The other route through Bellary, Raichur, Mahabub nagar would avoid Andhra (Kurool and Anantapur), but its too far (around 700Kms) and also very tiring to drive.

Set to leave tomorrow afternoon. Hoping for the best...

@Sekhar

Yes, agitations are in full swing now and they have announced a agitation plan for next complete week, so It is not advised to travel now via Anantapur and kurnool. Though there is no rasta roko on the day you planned but you really do not know what exactly happens when on the road, so it is a risky thing.

my two pals have started for hyderabad today. i let them board the ksrtc bus to bangalore today at 8pm. they will go to hyderabad tomorrow evening by car from bangalore. they intend to bring another friends scorpio to payangadi. dears friends in hyderabad do post the situation in hyderabad and the route to take to hyderabad and back to bangalore avoiding any trouble spots.

my two pals have started for hyderabad today. i let them board the ksrtc bus to bangalore today at 8pm. they will go to hyderabad tomorrow evening by car from bangalore. they intend to bring another friends scorpio to payangadi. dears friends in hyderabad do post the situation in hyderabad and the route to take to hyderabad and back to bangalore avoiding any trouble spots.
If your friends can drive during night, they will not have any issues. From what I heard, there MAY be commotion only during day time.

Yes @SR as told by mastiandroid5 there is not problem if they drive in the night. There is no issue once they reach Telangana border i.e. after kurnool into mahaboob nagar district. I have come to know the agitations are stalled from today to tomorrow evening due to Ramzan[:)]

Reviving an old thread.This week on 26 September had gone on 3 day trip to Hyderabad.Left home Kormangala at 8.45 AM reached Devanahalli at 10.30 AM due rush hour morning traffic.Tanked diesel to auto-cutoff 1800rs Bill.reached Outer Ring Road Hyderabad at 5.30 pm reached Hitek city at 6PM.The road conditions are excellent though not as good as NH4 on which I frequently travel.Have to be careful for sudden crisscrossing of two,four wheelers coming from the wrong side so also two and four legged ones.One constant I observed was when there is curve to the road there is always a crossing provision made across the two lanes which is not visible from 200 meters because of the curve.Left Hyderabad at 8.45AM on 28th morning,reached Bangalore highway at 9.15AM through Outer Ring Road.Reached Devanahalli at 3.45 PM was at home 4.30PM.There was less traffic all throughout because of weekdays.Was travelling for the first time so was maintaining Speed of 80 to 100kmph while going towards Hyderabad.Was familiar with the road conditions on the return journey hence maintained a speed of 100 to 120 kmph.Tanked diesel of 1700rupees till auto cut off outside Hyderabad.The total average for the whole trip eas 23.4 kmpl on my "Whitee" The New Ford Fiesta 2015.The average from Bangalore to Hyderabad side was 25 Kmph, maybe because I was sedate driving style.The car was hoot to drive as always,and I can say this is the most underrated car sadly flopped due to exhorbitant pricing by ford when it was initially launched in the yar 2011.......

Left home Kormangala at 8.45 AM reached Devanahalli at 10.30 AM due rush hour morning traffic.Tanked diesel to auto-cutoff 1800rs Bill.reached Outer Ring Road Hyderabad at 5.30 pm reached Hitek city at 6PM. Left Hyderabad at 8.45AM on 28th morning,reached Bangalore highway at 9.15AM through Outer Ring Road.Reached Devanahalli at 3.45 PM was at home 4.30PM.
Thanks for the update.

So the monsoon rains (& the flooding) has no impact on the highway. Just curious to know where did you stop for lunch & feedback on the restaurant (food & restrooms) would be helpful.

Did you notice any speed governors too? (near Kurnool / Anantpur)

I have a Bangalore - Bhopal trip coming up soon. Your lunch recommendation could be my breakfast option!

Sorry for the late reply:There is no impact of the monsoon on the highway,we had packed home food,had only stopped for coffee at FoodPyramid which is situated In-between Hyderabad & Kurnool; 85 km from Kurnool & 115 km from Hyderabad on the Bangalore-Hyderabad road.Two cups of coffee cost came to 100 rupees bit costly,but washrooms were clean,large parking space,nice ambiance.Yes speed governors were present at both the places at both times,but the police were also looking as to whether we were wearing seat belts or not.I hope that I have answered all your queries,have a nice trip, & post your experience, I am also planning for the same route in the near future.

Dear Friends,

I am traveling to HYD from Bengaluru on 22 Dec with my wife and 2 years old kid. I will start by 5 AM from B.E.L area. Please suggest good restaurants (Veg Only)with clean toilets for Breakfast ( Around 8 to 8:30 AM). I am a sedate driver and drive is Fiesta 1.6

I had breakfast at Blue Moon, Gooty. Its a food court. Toilets were clean, food was OK. It should take around 4 hours from Bangalore.

Today I drove to HYD from BLR. Started at 6 AM from Jalahalli. After Devanahalli dense fog slowed us for about 15 minutes. Had a packed Breakfast from home so did not try any of the hotel en-route, find interceptors near Bagepalli and another after Kurnool town. No traffic literally till Shadnagar cross. Fastag was working at all the tolls except Devanahalli. Reached Hill county at 2 PM. Drove sedately 80 to 90 all the way till destination. Refilled at BPCL COCO somewhere near Kurnool. Very much shocked to see a mileage of 19.8 in my beast (Fiesta 1.6 Petrol). Total toll paid INR 710 including ORR toll of Rs 30. Road was excellent. Altogether there are more than 15 speedbreakers.

Toll Paid details:
Devanahalli :85.00
Bagepalli toll :85.00
Marur toll :100.00
Kasepalli toll : 90.00
Amkathadu : 100.00
Pullur toll : 100.00
Sankapur : 60.00
Raikal toll :60.00

Have been to Hyderabad (Habsiguda) for official work. Started on 17th Dec from Jalahalli West area and returned back on 18th Dec.
After Devanahalli toll till Nandi Hill cross there are 4 to 5 road humps. Most of the speed breakers has been removed till Kurnool, but very few are left at major junctions. Road condition is very good throughout.
Did not enter NRR as I need to go inside. City roads are wider when compared to Bangalore city roads but no traffic sense at all.
Started at 5:30 AM Jalahalli area and reached Habsiguda at 2:45. Had a packed break fast in the middle. Filled Petrol at IOC COCO at HMT Bangalore and BPCL COCO at Dhone.

Return journey started at 3:45 AM near NRR and reached Jalahalli at 10:45 AM. Had some oranges for breakfast, petrol at IOC Kurnool.
Car : Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXI
FE : 16+

Toll details
Devanahalli :95.00
Bagepalli toll :95.00
Marur toll :115.00
Kasepalli toll : 105.00
Amkathadu : 110.00
Pullur toll : 110.00
Sankapur : 65.00
Raikal toll :65.00
Total : 760.00