Bangalore To Hyderabad Road Conditions

No problem buddy, I am happy to help you as my one TAI friend always.

Good Biryani, nothing beats Paradise even today, you will get good "dum biryani" there also for excellent haleem since it is Ramzan time, Pista house is good, there are good amount of varieties, but if you want to taste some original Hyderabadi haleem, then you can check at Madina which is near to Salarjung museum, and also Paradise will also have haleem which is good in taste. For normal Hyderabad specials, chillies, chutneys, hyderabad house are famous. In Begumpet, you get good food also in hotel green park

Thread Starter #17
No problem buddy, I am happy to help you as my one TAI friend always.

Good Biryani, nothing beats Paradise even today, you will get good "dum biryani" there also for excellent haleem since it is Ramzan time, Pista house is good, there are good amount of varieties, but if you want to taste some original Hyderabadi haleem, then you can check at Madina which is near to Salarjung museum, and also Paradise will also have haleem which is good in taste. For normal Hyderabad specials, chillies, chutneys, hyderabad house are famous. In Begumpet, you get good food also in hotel green park
Including the above, in my opinion Bawarchi serves the best biryani which is in RTC X road. Do not go to other branches as they have mentioned that, RTC X one is the only branch they have in HYD. Other Barwarchi(s) are just copying them. I personally faced this issue.

Roads from Bangalore to HYD is awesome mate. You will enjoy the drive.

Including the above, in my opinion Bawarchi serves the best biryani which is in RTC X road. Do not go to other branches as they have mentioned that, RTC X one is the only branch they have in HYD. Other Barwarchi(s) are just copying them. I personally faced this issue.

Roads from Bangalore to HYD is awesome mate. You will enjoy the drive.
I agree with you on this Bawarchi, though they said they have only one in city at RTC X roads, but the quality is not good like earlier(some 10 years back)[:)]

Been to Hyderabad in the recent weekend (July 27~28) on my Nano. Enjoyed the drive a lot due to the excellent roads.

Onward journey:
Passengers: Alone
Started at 4.30am at Varthur
Reached Hyderabad (Taranaka) by 4.00pm
Toll fees ~ 494 (one way)
Top speed ~ 90-92 kmph
Total fuel used ~ 23 liters
FE ~ 26 kmpl

- Found that at 90+ speed the nano steering wheel vibrates. So, I maintained between 80-87 when possible.

Return journey:
Passengers: two (a friend of mine joined me on the return journey after cancelling his train ticket)
Started at 11.15am
Reached J.B.Nagar by 10.45pm

Traffic cop stopped us near shamdhabad during return journey. He checked my DL and said that inspite of having a DL I have "L" board. I said that my wife is learning in Bangalore. He said it is fault to put "L" board when I have a DL. He said that I have to pay Rs.300 fine for not removing the "L" board [surprise]. I said I am ready to pay the same... He looked at his boss, who waved to the cop to let me go (probably he was looking for some quick money).

As said by all, the roads are excellent along the way. There are red/white plastic barricades as we approach towns/villages between Kurnool and Jedcherla (on the way to Hyderabad from BLR). I did slow down at such places, just to be sure that there is no one trying to cross.

In addition, the speed breakers near Anantapur and Lepakshi-road are things to be cautious about.

Hey you have not tried to meet us at Hyderabad man[anger]

Why it took 12 hrs for you maintaining those speeds as normally it should take 7 to 9hrs as reported by others

Bangalore to Hyderabad highway is superb. I must say that it is the best highway I have driven so far of my driving.
I used to touch 140KMPH for a moment say 1 min kind of time in my car in other highway.
But man , in this highway I was constantly doing 130 -140.
Super driving experience.

I started from Bangalore @6.30 AM from my house and I was near Charminar by 2.00 PM and was looking for hotel for lunch. This include maddening Bangalore traffic breakfast stop, photo session on road etc .
This drive will be a benchmark for me for covering such distance in less time.
The drive was also not tiring as after lunch we were able to do some site seeing like Birla Temple,Charminar,Neckless road,Lumbini park (in the evening) in same day.

Hey you have not tried to meet us at Hyderabad man[anger]

Why it took 12 hrs for you maintaining those speeds as normally it should take 7 to 9hrs as reported by others
Actually, this was my first drive to hyderabad. I was not even sure whether I will be driving up to Hyderabad. It was totally unplanned. I reached Goothy and after breakfast at Hotel Raviteja, I decided to drive further towards Hyderabad instead of returning back. That is why I could not update here about my travel.

Next time I travel towards Hyderabad, will surely meet up with Hyd TAI guys.

Regarding 12 hours - on highways I was covering about 65-70 km per hour. However, in cities or town/village junctions I slow down drastically. This made my average close to 55 only. My total travel time may be about 10 hours, and rest of the time is for breakfast/lunch/tea/etc.

I found many KA cars during the return fly past at very high speeds (possible 120-140). I guess those cars must be covering the distance at 7-9 hours.

Actually, this was my first drive to hyderabad. I was not even sure whether I will be driving up to Hyderabad. It was totally unplanned. I reached Goothy and after breakfast at Hotel Raviteja, I decided to drive further towards Hyderabad instead of returning back. That is why I could not update here about my travel.

Next time I travel towards Hyderabad, will surely meet up with Hyd TAI guys.

Regarding 12 hours - on highways I was covering about 65-70 km per hour. However, in cities or town/village junctions I slow down drastically. This made my average close to 55 only. My total travel time may be about 10 hours, and rest of the time is for breakfast/lunch/tea/etc.

I found many KA cars during the return fly past at very high speeds (possible 120-140). I guess those cars must be covering the distance at 7-9 hours.
congratulations on your maiden drive to Hyderabad with nano. Definitely this would have increased your confidence level on the vehicle.

Keep it up.

congratulations on your maiden drive to Hyderabad with nano. Definitely this would have increased your confidence level on the vehicle.

Keep it up.
Thanks for the same Ram sir. Yes, confidence in both the vehicle and my driving has increased.

Hyderabad drive was like a "must drive destination" as it is my hometown and I wanted to take my parents around in the car.

It is only 4 months since I bought the nano and learned driving. I have covered about 4900+ km, which includes 3-4 long drives (Nandi Hills - twice, Lepakshi/Puttaparthi, Gooty, Vellore and the recent hyd trip).

And my sincere thanks to all on TAI for the wonderful tips on driving, maintenance of car, care during long drives, route advises, travelogues and all the fun!!!

Thanks for the same Ram sir. Yes, confidence in both the vehicle and my driving has increased.

Hyderabad drive was like a "must drive destination" as it is my hometown and I wanted to take my parents around in the car.

It is only 4 months since I bought the nano and learned driving. I have covered about 4900+ km, which includes 3-4 long drives (Nandi Hills - twice, Lepakshi/Puttaparthi, Gooty, Vellore and the recent hyd trip).

And my sincere thanks to all on TAI for the wonderful tips on driving, maintenance of car, care during long drives, route advises, travelogues and all the fun!!!
Yes, I too had driven to Hyderabad from Bangalore and Chennai several times. And the roads are good. Hyderabad is beautiful too.

Only thing, you have to be more alert on highways. Finally experience makes you an expert.

Last edited:
When I drove from Hyderabad to Bangalore(2007) in my M800 for the kanyakumari trip the 4 lanes roads were under process, so it was hell with lot of diversions and bad roads and after buying my Ritz I am still waiting to do such trip on that new beautiful road.

BTW, Ram Sir, when is your next trip to Hyderabad

When I drove from Hyderabad to Bangalore(2007) in my M800 for the kanyakumari trip the 4 lanes roads were under process, so it was hell with lot of diversions and bad roads and after buying my Ritz I am still waiting to do such trip on that new beautiful road.

BTW, Ram Sir, when is your next trip to Hyderabad
I don't know when is my next trip to Hyderabad. But next time you will be of a great help to me to plan for a trip around there.

Hi,
I am planning to drive to Hyderabad from bangalore on 8th/9th Aug.
Hows the situation in Anantapur and Kurnool now. Are there any rasta roko/dharnas etc. happening?

Thanks,

Top Bottom