Bangalore To Goa. My Small Family, My Manza and Me.

Thread Starter #1
I am about to write my first travelogue. I bough my Manza in March 2012 end. Since then I have gone to Coorg, and few highway runs (just for driving). I didnt write separate travelogue for Coorg trip, as I was busy enjoying my drive, getting to know my car better.
Well in a couple of days, I am about to leave for Goa with my small family, on our Manza. I have made the preparations (still on).
Here I go...
Route
As per google maps, there are 3 routes available.
  1. NH48--- Bangalore-Tumkur-Davnagere-Ankola-Karwar-Goa---640 km
  2. NH69 and NH66---Bangalore-Tumkur-Shimoga-Honavar-Karwar-Goa---632 km
  3. NH48 and SH130---Bangalore-Tumkur-Chitradurga-Hubli-Bangalore---630 km
On the basis of advise form people who have already been to Goa recently, and few taxi drivers (while waiting at Tata Service centre), I have chosen 2nd route. They say, the route is picturesque and mostly in good condition.
Since this is my first long drive alone (offcourse with my small family), I am very careful. I have made a checklist of must haves while on a long drive. I am mentioning them here. Kindly add if I have missed some.
  • Road Map
  • MapmyIndia Road Pilot
  • Music CDs and Pen drive loaded with favourite music
  • Water
  • Eatables
  • Camera
  • Cash/ Card
  • Sunglasses
  • Car documents (Registration, insurance, driving license)
  • Cell phones
  • First-aid box + some essential medicines
  • mosquito repellent cream (Have no idea about Goa)
Help me out, if I am missing anything.
My son is excited. He has valid reasons. He will be playing at beaches and would be talking to grandmother on car's bluetooth system. [lol]
Anyways, my travelogue starts in a few days. I will try to keep it interesting.

Cidade de Goa........aqui vamos nós. [:)]

Re: BANGALORE TO GOA....My small family, my Manza, and me...

I am about to write my first travelogue. I bough my Manza in March 2012 end. Since then I have gone to Coorg, and few highway runs (just for driving). I didnt write separate travelogue for Coorg trip, as I was busy enjoying my drive, getting to know my car better.
Well in a couple of days, I am about to leave for Goa with my small family, on our Manza. I have made the preparations (still on).
Here I go...
Help me out, if I am missing anything.
Cidade de Goa........aqui vamos nós. [:)]
Usually whatever you need on the beach is available outside the resorts like rubber/plastic slippers, swimming trunks, hats. I would advice you to stick to the food available at the resort or a popular restaurant. Beware of the food available at the beach side shacks and do not fall for some vacation/Holiday timeshare con-men.
Wish you a safe and happy vacation[:)].

Thread Starter #3
Re: BANGALORE TO GOA....My small family, my Manza, and me...

Thanks dockap. But rather than Goa, I am more excited for the hours of drive i will be doing. And the highway seems to be in good condition. [:D]

Don't forget lots of water and tissue papers.
Check your spare wheel tyre pressure and all the tools.

A torch and an umbrella might come in handy.

Do not wait till the tank gets empty. Try refueling when your tank is on the half way mark.

Don't forget your camera charger and car charging kit for your mobile. Carry a spare memory card for your camera.

Drive safe. Enjoy your drive and post a lot of pictures.

Thread Starter #5
As planned, we started early morning at 0356 hrs. I took Shimoga Honnavar Goa route. The route, though is 2 lane after Tumkur, is mostly in good condition, and quite picturesque too. It is advisable to start early as we can avoid local and highway traffic. This will help reach earlier.
I took 2 short breaks,
1. Bhadravati---15 minutes for diesel
2. Before Karwar--- refreshments-- 45 minutes.
reached north Goa (Candolim) to the resort at 1525 hrs. Will write in detail later. Till then, some pictures. I couldn't take much pictures, as I was driving, and wife and kids were sleeping most of the time.[:)]

Attachments

Ah,so the travel has started..
Congrats Nozzlering..
The road looks like a clean and empty dual carriageway,not like the crowded ones we have here.
Pics are great,in fact the place looks beautiful..a road trip to Goa is in my cards too..now let's see how it goes.

Nice man!!! I too visited GOA and Jog Falls last year in nov. The falls are a delight to watch though I had to lie on my belly (1st pic) to watch them closely due to safty reasons.[:)]

couple of pics :
IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

freakdude.

Thread Starter #9
I had a supposedly serious issue when I entered Goa. Outside temperature 36 deg C. And suddenly I start sweating, and amount of sweat increased gradually. AC not working!!!! I was furious. I was going to #%* them left right and centre. Then my wife asked me to take a chill pill. I switched off ac and blower. It was running since 0400 hrs in morning. Started after about half an hour. And everything is fine!!!! Is it normal????
Today went to beach. Vagator..... smell of dead animal. Then went to Anjuna beach. Good but didnt like car parking. So went to Baga beach. Parking far from beach :(
Anyways. went there and it was so crowded. Then I saw an area between red flags. That was not at all crowded. Went there. That was no go area. Took two reclining chairs over there from a shack owner. Later on found a way to bring my car near the shack. And stayed there all day, drinking and eating. Had a terrific time today. [:D]

So far nice pics & interesting story Nozzlering..

But where are the Pics of Manza?..

Share all the pics which you are going to take by tomorrow ..

Cheers:)

Nice man!!! I too visited GOA and Jog Falls last year in nov. The falls are a delight to watch though I had to lie on my belly (1st pic) to watch them closely due to safty reasons.[:)]

couple of pics :
View attachment 49931

View attachment 49932

freakdude.
Freakdude, visiting Jog falls in rain is what one cannot resist.
Here are some more closeups from my end.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../1578-trip-jog-falls-karnataka.html#post29645

I had a supposedly serious issue when I entered Goa. Outside temperature 36 deg C. And suddenly I start sweating, and amount of sweat increased gradually. AC not working!!!! I was furious. I was going to #%* them left right and centre. Then my wife asked me to take a chill pill. I switched off ac and blower. It was running since 0400 hrs in morning. Started after about half an hour. And everything is fine!!!! Is it normal????
Today went to beach. Vagator..... smell of dead animal. Then went to Anjuna beach. Good but didnt like car parking. So went to Baga beach. Parking far from beach :(
Anyways. went there and it was so crowded. Then I saw an area between red flags. That was not at all crowded. Went there. That was no go area. Took two reclining chairs over there from a shack owner. Later on found a way to bring my car near the shack. And stayed there all day, drinking and eating. Had a terrific time today. [:D]
AC not working must be a serious issue, AC in my car feels like you are in fridge after using it for hours, all the members really tell me to keep the speed in 1 position.
Here is my travelogue to Goa, http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ellapur-ankola-karwar-panjim-2.html#post55192

Baga beach has those relaxing beds.
One of the cleanest beach in goa are Calangute and Baga.
Try Dono Paula view point , where the fighting scene of Singham was shot.

Thread Starter #13
Here are few more pics. pics of my Manza will follow. In one of the pics, you can see a bulk carrier ship in horizon. Most of the time, I have seen shore from my ship. This time, its other way around.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom