Bangalore Pune Shirdi Bangalore : Suggestions needed

Thread Starter #1
Folks,

I'm getting ready to travel to Shirdi and yes this time on my Hawk :) I need suggestions on the places on the way which I can cover and are worth visiting with family. Of-course I have my list but would appreciate any good suggestions on the places you recommend.

Folks,

I'm getting ready to travel to Shirdi and yes this time on my Hawk :) I need suggestions on the places on the way which I can cover and are worth visiting with family. Of-course I have my list but would appreciate any good suggestions on the places you recommend.
Hi amith i did the trip in the year end 2009 to the starting of 2010.

The trip was amazing and i could judge my Hawk, its an absolute delight to drive vehicle, which can run for hours together, all day long.

Just before the trip , check the engine oil, & coolant.

And you are ready to go, and do fill the nitrogen, else tyre would bulge up, making ride bumpy.

So get it filled with Nitrogen esp in morning, when the vehicle has been driven slowly to the nearest filling station.

As avinash mentioned, kindly go through my travelogue, as well as our other member, White-Rhino's recent travelogue to Shirdi & other places.

Here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5038-bangalore-shirdi-route-2.html#post111108

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Hi amith i did the trip in the year end 2009 to the starting of 2010.

The trip was amazing and i could judge my Hawk.

As avinash mentioned, kindly go through my travelogue, as well as our other member, White-Rhino's recent travelogue to Shirdi & other places.

Here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5038-bangalore-shirdi-route-2.html#post111108

Mukesh, I did go through your post and really will be useful planning for the trip. I'm looking at any other likely places I can cover during the trip. I have been to most of these common places already though multiple times. Thanks anyway..

Mukesh, I did go through your post and really will be useful planning for the trip. I'm looking at any other likely places I can cover during the trip. I have been to most of these common places already though multiple times. Thanks anyway..
Amith can you share the number days of trip you have planned, so that more routes can be covered, Lenyadri should be a must visit place, you can skip Panchavati as there is nothing much special.

I really missed Ajanta -Ellora, which i will be covering for sure in coming days.

Do visit Tryambhakeshwar.

Thread Starter #6
Amith can you share the number days of trip you have planned, so that more routes can be covered, Lenyadri should be a must visit place, you can skip Panchavati as there is nothing much special.

I really missed Ajanta -Ellora, which i will be covering for sure in coming days.

Do visit Tryambhakeshwar.

Mukesh, I have about 1 weeks time from 24th Dec to 1st Jan. I have currently planned to do Pune->Shirdi->Goa->Bangalore :) Hopefully I should be able to drive that long :) Have done 700 in a day earlier but this will be the longest I guess..

Plan is as below
Day 1 - Bangalore -> Pune (Halt) - 900kms
Day 2 - Evening - Pune ->Shirdi (Halt) - 200kms
Day 3 - Noon - Shirdi -> Pune - 200kms
Day 4 - Pune -> Goa - 500kms
Day 5 - Goa
Day 6 - Goa
Day 7 -> Goa -> Bangalore (700kms)

Last edited:
Mukesh, I have about 1 weeks time from 24th Dec to 1st Jan. I have currently planned to do Pune->Shirdi->Goa->Bangalore :) Hopefully I should be able to drive that long :) Have done 700 in a day earlier but this will be the longest I guess..

Plan is as below
Day 1 - Bangalore -> Pune (Halt) - 900kms
Day 2 - Evening - Pune ->Shirdi (Halt) - 200kms
Day 5 - Goa
Day 6 - Goa
Better to halt in Shirdi instead of Pune. Take darshan at early morning (4 AM) very delightful.

Plan is as below
Day 1 - Bangalore -> Pune (Halt)
Day 2 - Evening - Pune ->Shirdi (Halt) - 900kms
Day 5 - Goa
Day 6 - Goa
Ha ha Amith your itenary is Goa Goa & Goa....

So you have planned only to Shirdi is it.

Because you could have done tryambhakeshwar.

And i think, when i did to Shirdi, i went through Pune-Hadapsar Bridge-then Ahmadnagar Highway.
Btw i guess you have a friend in Pune who can guide you while at Pune.

And from Pune via Sangamner, you will be reaching Shirdi.

And Bangalore - Shirdi is exactly 1100 kms and not 900 kms.

Pune-Goa:
And to Goa there are 2 ways, while going to Goa from Pune, you will we all along GQ, and take a deviation from Belgaum.

Which part of Goa, you are keen to reach, because to North Goa you can go via Londa.

To South Goa you will be going all along NH4A , and reach Canacona-Ponda-Panjim.

Other option is via Hubli bypass via Yellapur.
Though this route was bit long we enjoyed scenic drive all through Kirwati forest, and roads were superb.

Goa-Bangalore:
You can follow this route, while returning from Goa-Bangalore.

One advantage while coming from this route is you can do Jog falls too.
And join bangalore again via Kirwati-Yellapur forest.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lore-hubli-yellapur-ankola-karwar-panjim.html

Enroute jog falls, while returning from Goa.

Route to Jog falls : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...578-trip-jog-falls-karnataka-2.html#post91036

Last edited:
And i think, when i did to Shirdi, i went through Pune-Hadapsar Bridge-then Ahmadnagar Highway.

Pune to Shirdi via Nagar Road is better. It's New & Wider compared to the double lane Nashik Highway.

We did Pune - Shirdi via Nashik Highway and returned via Nagar Road sometime in August.

Thread Starter #11
Ha ha Amith your itenary is Goa Goa & Goa....

So you have planned only to Shirdi is it.

Because you could have done tryambhakeshwar.

And Bangalore - Shirdi is exactly 1100 kms and not 900 kms.

Pune-Goa:
And to Goa there are 2 ways, while going to Goa from Pune, you will we all along GQ, and take a deviation from Belgaum.

Which part of Goa, you are keen to reach, because to North Goa you can go via Londa.

To South Goa you will be going all along NH4A , and reach Canacona-Ponda-Panjim.

Other option is via Hubli bypass via Yellapur.
Though this route was bit long we enjoyed scenic drive all through Kirwati forest, and roads were superb.

Goa-Bangalore:
You can follow this route, while returning from Goa-Bangalore.

One advantage while coming from this route is you can do Jog falls too.
And join bangalore again via Kirwati-Yellapur forest.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...lore-hubli-yellapur-ankola-karwar-panjim.html

Enroute jog falls, while returning from Goa.

Route to Jog falls : http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...578-trip-jog-falls-karnataka-2.html#post91036

Mukesh,

Have already done "tryambhakeshwar" earlier - so this time I'll skip

Pune shirdi - Yes I have a friend who will be coming along so I have no problems for the best route. I have done more than 10+ trips with him in past and we've been pretty good with the route..

Pune-Goa:

I would prefer to take GQ to South Goa as I will be staying there and I want to reach GOA ASAP. So thinking of starting around 4am from Pune so we can reach there by 2~3pm

As of now I've managed to get booking for 2nights only .. so trying for more hotels for 30th and 31st night.. let's see if I can manage to... if you guys have any pointers.. may help

Goa - Bangalore

Would probably skip jog falls as well as I've seen it earlier and not worth the visit again I guess. So would take GQ again and come home directly... depends upon how much hangover I have from GOA

Folks,

Hi, try to visit Shanisignapur temple which is the only shani dev temple here. Its around 60 km from shirdi. Try not to fall into the hands of agents who stalk you for a free parking and force you to buy puja stuff from their assigned shops. You can easily get parking in the designated government parking space which charges around 20 rs.

Top Bottom