Bangalore Going To Get CNG!

Thread Starter #1
A great news for us. Now Bangalore is going to get CNG terminal from Monday. Hope we can see CNG threads will be bumped up and will be active soon as some of our Bangalore members will be interested to get CNG kit fitted in their cars.

Gas pipeline reaches Bangalore; CNG terminals planned - The New Indian Express

In what may well be a respite for a city suffering from rising levels of pollution, compressed natural gas (CNG) supply to the city began on Monday with the commissioning of the Dhabol-Bangalore Gas pipeline by the Gas Authority of India Ltd.

The project, envisaged in 2010, was completed in a record time of 32 months in which 1,000 km of pipeline was laid through three states and the Western Ghats.

At the inaugural function on Monday, Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas M Veerappa Moily said, “This is a gamechanger. Bangalore can once again dream of becoming a Garden City with pollution becoming a thing of the past.”

The supply of gas was started on Monday with city-based Toyota Kirloskar being the first customer of GAIL. However, it will take some more time before supply to houses can be started as an additional pipeline network needs to be set up. “It is upto the local bodies to provide internal lines. We can supply gas to the whole city and also to the suburban areas surrounding Bangalore,” Moily added, stating that he would call a meeting of governments of all southern states to drive home the importance of adopting CNG.

Reacting to a request by chief secretary S V Ranganath asking for support in terms of equity from his ministry for setting up CNG terminals in the city, Moily said he would ensure the funds were available and asked GAIL to go ahead with starting CNG bunks in the city.

“There is a potential for at least four terminals (bunks). I am authorising GAIL to start atleast one CNG terminal in the city within a month or two. We will give additional equity support,” the Minister said.
If they open more pumps, I will go for CNG kit, as I'm 90% driving inside city.

Re: Bangalore is going to get CNG!

Thanks for the news. If the CNG is installed, can I switch between petrol and CNG when ever required? What is the impact of CNG over engine performance? Sorry for the basic questions as I do not have any idea(CNG first time in Bangalore:stupid:)... appropriate links would be beneficial. Thanks!

Thanks for the news. If the CNG is installed, can I switch between petrol and CNG when ever required? What is the impact of CNG over engine performance? Sorry for the basic questions as I do not have any idea(CNG first time in Bangalore:stupid:)... appropriate links would be beneficial. Thanks!
Hey you could easily switch between petrol and CNG.

Now for all those who don’t know about CNG Conversion, there are two types of kits available for conversion

1. Ordinary Kit

2. Sequential Kit

These are the types of kit not the brands; there are many brands available you have to choose the best among them.

The ordinary kit cost 30000/- Rs including The RTO passing and the Sequential Kit Costs 55,000/-Rs including RTO Passing.

My father decided on the Sequential Kit as it would enhance the average of the car and would not affect the Power and the Life of the Engine.
The sequential Kit fitting takes about 2 days. So we sent the car for conversion and after two days she arrived back from the workshop. Now I was pretty much excited as I wanted to see how the car was performing now.
The above explaination is from the thread link given below:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ws/11395-my-beast-toyota-corolla-1-8-cng.html

This is a good piece of news, now the key for it's success is to open more bunks quickly and educate users on the long term advantage of using CNG. hope bangaloreans do take on CNG with open arms.

Great News.But I hope Bangaloreans should not have to pay the highest price for CNG in India.(Currently Bangalore has the highest price for fuels, I guess)

Good news for people who drives in cities a lot, then i think BMTC would also switch over for CNG powered buses to reduce pollution as well as running costs with high profit margins too! (Currently BMTC is the highest profit making govt. institution in the country)

Anyway for me CNG is a no no as i prefer diesel or petrol to power cars and for safety purposes.

Great News.But I hope Bangaloreans should not have to pay the highest price for CNG in India.(Currently Bangalore has the highest price for fuels, I guess)
Yes you are right, Bangalore has the highest prices not only on fuel but for every commodities just because it is an IT capital [frustration]

Thread Starter #9

This is a good piece of news, now the key for it's success is to open more bunks quickly and educate users on the long term advantage of using CNG. hope bangaloreans do take on CNG with open arms.
Yes, it is a very good news for us. Since petrol price in Bangalore is highest in country, it will be a boon for us. Hope they have many CNG pumps sooner in Bangalore.

Though if it is going to be costlier, definitely will be cheaper to run than a petrol car here as petrol is costliest in Bangalore.

But when compared to petrol, will there be a decrease in power/performance? BTW, how economical is CNG (approx. cost)?
There will be no/minmal decrease in performance, but you can always compensate that by revving little higher in each gears than what you do with petrol. It will be cheaper to Diesel. Only thing is you need to run to CNG pump more often, if you have smaller tank.

Let's see how quickly manufacturers react to this news and launch CNG factory fitted car's, Maruti has one of the highest number of factory fitted CNG models in their line up.

Hmm,

There was a similar kind of news for Hyderabad few years back and even today there is a shortage of pumps and CNG gas in the city. Also it is still a dream to see more houses connected with gas pipeline. The saddest part in whole story is the gas is generated at KG basin in Andhra pradesh and being sold to Gujrath with a bidding and agreement where you find everything with gas, but we do not have sufficient gas for our rides even today[cry]

I wish something like this will not happen to Bangalore and all of you enjoy with CNG vehicles in the city

That's really sad to know and hoping it is not repeated in Bangalore, as far as i know Delhi,Mumbai and Ahmadabad are the only 3 cities where the CNG pumps are spread nicely across the cities,(I might be wrong here)

Finally Bangalore got CNG.Hyderabad also has CNG stations.The owners,who are suffering due to Petrol prices,will be happy due to CNG in Bangalore.

Visran-Hyderabad also had CNG Stations.

Any idea on which is more economical between CNG & LPG ?
I use LPG kit in my car, i can definitely feel the lack of power compared to petrol. But now i'm used to the gear down shifting. Is that the same situation with CNG?

Any idea on which is more economical between CNG & LPG ?
I use LPG kit in my car, i can definitely feel the lack of power compared to petrol. But now i'm used to the gear down shifting. Is that the same situation with CNG?
CNG. it is even cheaper than diesel. but in CNG, the loss of power will be more AFAIK..
but with current generation kit, I think this problem is pretty much gone..

Top Bottom