Ban Personal Diesel Vehicles in Delhi - CPCB Recommends To Govt

The only solution i see to all this is that the Govt should make CNG available across the country and force the CV owner's to shift to CNG, that in part will take out most of the polluting commercial vehicles off the road, when it comes to PV charge a hefty tax on Diesel cars and give subsidy to the vehicles which run on CNG,

CNG is a much more greener fuel and moreover it is found in abundance in our own country which in turn will reduce our fuel import bills.

CNG resources are much limited.

A hefty TAX is not at all ethical way of resolving this issue rather it would be more of a capital punishment to Manufacturers as well a buyers.

Like some countries considers female as source of evil and demand them to cover head to toe to remain invisible.

Why not BAN fuel guzzling cars? those which give ARAI figures less than 20kmpl should be declared unfit.

CNG resources are much limited.

A hefty TAX is not at all ethical way of resolving this issue rather it would be more of a capital punishment to Manufacturers as well a buyers.

Like some countries considers female as source of evil and demand them to cover head to toe to remain invisible.

Why not BAN fuel guzzling cars? those which give ARAI figures less than 20kmpl should be declared unfit.
+100000. Just ban the cars with low FE figures. Let all manufactures come with smaller engines and higher FE cars. But no, it is all about ripping common man.

Crime rate is not going down, so ban sun films.
Pollution is not getting controlled, so ban diesel cars.
Then why not ban, the private car itself. only public transport to be used.[anger]

Thread Starter #20
To me it looks a childish act to ban diesel cars or a political influenced recommondation !!

Instead of this government can take lot of steps like

1. Make good availability of CNG across the country, I agree that reserves are limited
2. Built beautiful public transport systems, so that people stop using their private vehicles as much as possible. for ex: Delhi Metro, its really awesome, earlier days I used to engage a taxi every time I was in Delhi, but during my recent visit maximum I used metro, so something like this is required across lot of cities
3. All buses in all major cities should run on CNG
4. Important thing, but ban all the junk older diesel vehicles in all the government establishments which are more than 15 years old
5. Look at the industrial pollution, it is really in pathetic state in most of the cities which contaminate the atmosphere and water sources

No new cess on diesel cars: Govt

TNN | Dec 1, 2012, 07.05AM IST
NEW DELHI: The government Friday said it is not considering any additional cess on diesel cars, just days after the Supreme Court asked the Centre whether a green tax needs to be imposed.

Minister of state for finance SS Palanimanickam told Lok Sabha that there is no proposal at the moment for any additional cess on diesel cars. Currently, petrol and diesel cars are taxed at the same rate, apart from attracting education cess, secondary and higher education cess and national calamity contingent duty.

Palanimanickam said this in response to a question by Lok Sabha MP Anurag Singh Thakur, who asked whether the government is considering a special cess on diesel vehicles to control their sales and make up for the subsidy that is given to the fuel.

The Supreme Court had on Monday sought the Centre's response to a radical plea for collection of 25% of the cost of a diesel car or SUV sold in the National Capital Region as green tax at the time of its purchase to deter people from buying them as they are considered more polluting than petrol cars.

Amicus curiae and senior advocate Harish Salve, who has been assisting the forest bench of the Supreme Court for nearly a decade, lamented that the benefits of switching the entire public transport system in Delhi to CNG was lost as more and more diesel cars are being added every year because of the price differential between petrol and diesel fuels.

The car industry, however , has come out strongly against any such measure, claiming that diesel vehicles are clean and not heavy polluters. "Diesel is not as polluting as it is made out to be. How can you tax a technology that is very clean and more fuel efficient?" said Vishnu Mathur, directorgeneral of industry lobby group, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (Siam).

Car manufacturers have said that the government should look into the role of other polluters like diesel gensets; power producers and the industry.

True, major polluting vehicals are trucks. At least I have seen it with my own eyes and every other shops and mall,cinemas,hospitals,and every other institutes have power generators which are poorly maintained and enjoy the benefit of so called cheaper fuel.

I say deregulate the diesal prices and still you will notice people will go for it due to its higher efficiency. Anybody sensible up there?

The ferrarian, Time to realize that there is no room for anything except Cricket and corruption in India,everything else including Sunfilm,SUV,internet,facebook et al is a crime.

enthusiats can go to Dubai or Australia and have a life.

Thread Starter #27
The ferrarian, Time to realize that there is no room for anything except Cricket and corruption in India,everything else including Sunfilm,SUV,internet,facebook et al is a crime.

enthusiats can go to Dubai or Australia and have a life.
Hahahahah Jayadev!!

India is huge country with diversified cultures,interests and emotions. It is in a big transformation mode, hence things will look like haywire always, but hopefully when it cross throw that stage then things will fall in line, as Indians we just need to be patient enough to see good things happening my friend. Migrating to a different country is not a wise thinking for the sake of sophisticated life !!

Guralla, I am not against our Heritage or culture. But have a look at our laws and governement.it is almost nearing dictatorship.every other day I am hearing a new suggestion which makes no sense in real life,
BTW,patience for how long? I have been seeing this since last 30 years and it is getting worse every next day.

Thread Starter #29
Guralla, I am not against our Heritage or culture. But have a look at our laws and governement.it is almost nearing dictatorship.every other day I am hearing a new suggestion which makes no sense in real life,
BTW,patience for how long? I have been seeing this since last 30 years and it is getting worse every next day.
+100, I agree with you on everything. India's present situation is more because of the invaders ruling it for some hundreds of years and it still smells the same even after the independence for last 60+ years.

Whatever you want to do in India is quite difficult due to its huge population and diversified interests. Of-course since last 10 years there we some really funny, senseless rules and decisions[frustration] but I think I am more optimistic to see a change soon[:)]

come on Guralla, stop blaming Population.Vast population has given endless buziness opportunity to every other forign investors .many of them are dying to enter into India and many are already taking away the best share . I am afraid when we will stop parroting our goverment reports on Population outbreak. They make no sense at all.

if I am not wrong there are other states in world where density of population is even higher than what we have yet they are not complaining.

Top Bottom