Bajaj Qute: The Low Cost Four Wheeler

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Bajaj RE60 – The Low Cost Four Wheeler

Friends,

Received these pics from my brother who works for a News Channel in Noida. Is it the Bajaj Car that we are discussing here? This according to him is being planned to take up Nano.

IMG-20150414-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20150414-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20150414-WA0005.jpg

The Pics are Exclusively For The Automotive India Only. Any Re-use needs full credit to The Automotive India.

Regards

Akash

Friends,

Received these pics from my brother who works for a News Channel in Noida. Is it the Bajaj Car that we are discussing here? This according to him is being planned to take up Nano.
The first two pics are of the car that BAJAJ displayed some years ago in INDIAN AUTO EXPO.If i'm right this car was developed with the help of Nissan but something went wrong and Bajaj pulled the plug.The third pic is surely of the quadricycle that we are discussing.What we are hearing now a days is bajaj is delaying the launch of quadricycle.I'm seeing this vehicle everyday as the dealership near my house is doing thorough test of this quadricycle.

The car/quadricycle definately looks slimmer and better than Nano (especially tail lamps), I hope they replace that dashboard with something better. From the pictures, the front two seats seem to have no gap in between them.

The car/quadricycle definately looks slimmer and better than Nano (especially tail lamps), I hope they replace that dashboard with something better. From the pictures, the front two seats seem to have no gap in between them.
If you are talking about the tail lamp in above pic shared by Akash, its a dropped design, which Bajaj was originally planning to make in collaboration with Nissan. The actual quadricycle images you can find in the previous page. Its meant for commercial segment as an economy replacement for Rickshaws, IMO we can't expect the interiors any better than this in production model also.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

IMO we can't expect the interiors any better than this in production model also.
Buddy, If the interiors are at-par with pic shared by me even then its a good one. Also, the purpose for which the quardri-cycle is being planned, I feel it would be safe option in comparison to the rickety auto-rickshaws that we see in India.

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Friends

Bajaj Auto has announced that it will be launching the RE60 low-cost vehicle in India on September 25th 2015. The RE60 is going to be powered by a 216cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke petrol engine.

link

Regards

Akash

Bajaj Qute! Need your help

Meet the all new Bajaj Qute!
A first-of-its-kind vehicle in India - a motorised quadricycle - you can think of it as the improved edition of the city's three-wheeler. It is safer and lesser polluting as compared to a four-wheeler, yet puts in much more in terms of agility. And of course, it's cute and about to change the way you commute in chock-a-block city traffic.
Another thing about the Qute is that it's a practical vehicle for the Indian metros. It is small, agile, strong and the greenest 4-wheeler with carbon emission as low as 66 gm/km.
From all angles it is a smart move to overcome our traffic issues, yet the Qute is not free to ride the Indian roads. Apparently, it does not meet the safety norms.
Not true.

Free The Qute

@ Mods : Move the thread if required

World's Cheapest car from Bajaj at Rs 60,000

World's cheapest Car from Bajaj at Rs 60,000. Booking started from 31st July 2017 ?????

Engine & Gearbox. ... The engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission. The company claimed mileage figure of car is 36 kmpl and top speed of the quadricycle is 70 kmph.Dimensions & Weight Overall length ofBajaj car is 2752 mm, width is 1312 mm, height is 1652 mm and the kerb weight of thecar is said to be 400 kg

Anybody booked this car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T32UzIz_m34

Last edited:
Re: World's Cheapest car from Bajaj at Rs 60,000

Is this car made from paper ? [;)]

I have seen this car, it has very poor built quality. I am not sure what is the future of this car when Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Program will be applicable.

The automotive companies are really less bothered about safety for INDIA, as our people are more interested in audio system, remote lock etc. features than the safety feature of their vehicle.

The NCAP norms should be strictly followed by INDIA carmakers, and people should not buy car that do not follow safety guidelines.

The irony part is people saying "itni fast thodi chalani padti hai, hum to 70-80 ke chalate hai highway pe..." Whereas the NCAP crash test is conducted at 64 kmph; where cars like NANO, Alto, Celerio, EON, Grand i10, KUV100 [...and list is huge..], do not pass that test. Even car like Mahindra TUV300 fails the test.

Re: World's Cheapest car from Bajaj at Rs 60,000

The vehicle name is qute.

Though it looks like car, it is actually a quadracycle to replace three wheelers/autos.

These are just speculation that it will cost 60000. It will be around 1.4 lacs and will be available only for commercial use.

It will come with 200cc ddis engine mate with 5 speed Gear box.

Last edited:
Small car for 60k? This is just for people who dont want to use bikes. At 60k, we cannot expect abs, airbags and strong build quality.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Bajaj QUTE QUADRICYCLE to be available in Kerala and North East from next month

After six years of long battle, Bajaj Auto will be finally selling the Qute quadricycle in India. This came after the Supreme Court's go ahead on the classification of quadricycles as a new vehicle category in India. Bajaj Auto has already started deliveries of the Qute to select dealerships in Kerala and North East in India. The Bajaj Qute will be listed into a new category and will be sold as commercial vehicle. Presently, Kerala and North East are the only two states that have approved the sale of Bajaj Qute.

Rajiv Bajaj, MD, Bajaj Auto with the Qute quadricycle​

Read:

Top Bottom