Bajaj Pulsar 200 To Make a Comeback

Thread Starter #1
The recent phasing out of the popular Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSI was a dissapointing news for fans of the motorcycle. The motorcycle was immensely popular among stunters. The manufacturers decision to phase out a rather succesfull motorcycle didn't find favour with buyers. Thankfully, sense is likely to prevail again with Bajaj reportedly not planning to end the Pulsar 200's legacy. Speculations are rife that Bajaj would be re-launching a the Pulsar 200 with a 20cc upgrade! Just recently, bikeadvice (an automotive forum) carried a report about it. From the picture it is evident that the body panels have been borrowed over from the Pulsar 200 tray ,while the engine will be borrowed from the current Pulsar 220.

The new motorcycle will reportedly be christened the Pulsar 220 DTSI ‘S’. The ‘S’ could stand for ‘Sports’ or even ‘Streetfighter’. The bike will feature the 55 Watt assembly for the headlights similar to the one in the Avenger 200. The bike will also feature thicker front forks, along with clip-on handle bars and rear disk brakes borrowed from the Pulsar 220. The bike will be a complete package of raw power, perfect for those who are solely interested in power rather than looks as well as those who love the naked Streetfighter look rather than the faired avatar. With the front fairing gone, the naked 220 will also lose around 3 kgs in weight. It will now be even more easier to pop wheelies and carry them for longer distances! The fairing used to hamper one's vison while pulling off long wheelies.

At about Rs 73,000 (On road Delhi), the bike is expected to reach showrooms by the end of January 2010. The naked 220 clearly is aimed at the FZs of Yamaha and Apaches of TVS

motoroids

Well this can be called the scaled down version of 220 without the fairing. Bike looks almost the same as the 200 except for the claimed addition of rear discs!!

Whats the point in discontinuing a product and then again relaunching it without any drastic mods.

Well a good question akash!

This is called ripple effect.

Bajaj has almost decided that the suprise 200cc bike from TVS might capture the market. So they are relauching it again.

This cant be called "A pulsar 200 comeback".

I mean its a 220 cc engine,its just that the body parts are similar to 200.

Guys discontinuing the 200 had a reason, it was the launch of "FASTEST INDIAN".

The price of 220 dtsi compared to 220 dtsfi was bound to reduce the sales of 200.

Only time can tell what Bajaj is trying to do.

This cant be called "A pulsar 200 comeback".

I mean its a 220 cc engine,its just that the body parts are similar to 200.

Guys discontinuing the 200 had a reason, it was the launch of "FASTEST INDIAN".

The price of 220 dtsi compared to 220 dtsfi was bound to reduce the sales of 200.

Only time can tell what Bajaj is trying to do.

i agree absolutely, bajaj has lost it somewhere in their line up for what to offer.Hopefully they can improve in their products and models either then pulsar range which even seems in dilema with different engines specs.

Me, for one, I don't believe the 200 is coming back.
With the 220 now lower priced than before, there is not even a price slot for it to occupy.
Guess we can wait and see!!

So this one has 20cc extra with a rear disc brake.
So basically a faring-less 220.
I wonder what would be the cost difference between this 220 & the fastest Indian ? [lol]

Nothing suits the Pulsar as much as Black!!
I disagree sir. Silver looks HOT [:D]

So this one has 20cc extra with a rear disc brake.
So basically a faring-less 220.
I wonder what would be the cost difference between this 220 & the fastest Indian ? [lol]

I disagree sir. Silver looks HOT [:D]
The current 220 is already pretty close to the 180 in price ... they drop it any further, the 180 will be hit!!

And re the colour ... to each his own!!

Top Bottom