Bajaj Pulsar 150CC - Definitely Male!!

Vijay even i found that Idle Rpm was on higher side & suddenly it decreases.
Did you face the same thing.
What he had to say was to Warmup the engine the idle will be more initially & gradually comes to normal.

yes thats exactly what one of the service centres told me too, but then i went to check many pulsars around and almost of them were around 900 to 1200, so mine was surely on higher side, set it to 1000rpm and engine noise,idling is back to normal.Ask your cousin to set the rpm meter to normal settings, its just a small bolt on the left side of engine which needs to move left and right to increase and decrease, if he cannot find it, ask a local mechanic to reset it to 900-1000 rpm.HIgher rpm settings wastes more fuel and warms engine more compared to normal time to warm.
The service centre guy gave me rediculous reasons for keeping rpm on higher side, starting from 1500 till 2000.Its all crap.I am driving bikes since 15 years and i know the range for idling rpm meter.

Thread Starter #17
My Cousins bike was due for service.
At 900 kms on ODO he gave his vehicle for 1st Service total cost 402/-.
An additive to the fuel tank was also added(25 Rs) to the bike for smooth operation of engine.
The Accelerator Rpm is now fine within 1000 rpm has been rectified.
A screw was turned to set the fuel flow too the engine.

Yes a normal service always costs around 400-500. But Mukesh beware the SA'S at Bajaj try to loot more money by saying some extra additives will be added and teflon coating to be done. Just refuse all of them , in this case Rs.25 is okay but sometimes they charge Rs.200-300 for some additives , don get fooled by them! I once saw a guy paying Rs.2k for just a normal service![surprise]

Thread Starter #19
Yes a normal service always costs around 400-500. But Mukesh beware the SA'S at Bajaj try to loot more money by saying some extra additives will be added and teflon coating to be done. Just refuse all of them , in this case Rs.25 is okay but sometimes they charge Rs.200-300 for some additives , don get fooled by them! I once saw a guy paying Rs.2k for just a normal service![surprise]
Teflon coating was purchased during the delivery of new bike for 700.
They have offered 3 coatings for every 4 months.

Thread Starter #20
Re: Pulsar 150 CC, Definitely Male!!!

Hello guys, a problem with Pulsar.
The digital meter of pulsar is not showing the digital speed while moving.
All the lights are working.

What could be the problem?

Hello guys, a problem with Pulsar.
The digital meter of pulsar is not showing the digital speed while moving.
All the lights are working.

What could be the problem?
the connector to the speedo meter is loose or cut loose which is why speed isnt showing up.

Thread Starter #23

the connector to the speedo meter is loose or cut loose which is why speed isnt showing up.
Connector was found to be intact near disc brakes from Visual inspection.

Any way it would be dropped for its 4th service tomorrow.

Top Bottom