Bajaj Dominar 400 Now Launched

Re: Bajaj Pulsar 400 VS Unmasked

Hi,
Some of my friends were very eager to buy this even without reviews. They expect price will be less than Duke 390. Need to see how much difference it can make.

Attachments

Last edited:

Smashing Prices for the D400. 1,36,000/- for the disc brakes variant and 1,50,000/- for the Twin Channel ABS variant.
3 Colours at launch and bookings to be made online for 9,000/-.

Link to make bookings is now live : https://book.bajajauto.com/payonline/
Link to the Website for D400 : http://www.bajajauto.com/BajajDomina.../360-view.html
Thanks for the details. But, can't understand one thing. All ads are featuring a black colored bike (including their website) which is not a color option sadly [frustration]. Why Bajaj Why?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Rip Duke 390. 50k Is a lot of difference and they priced this really good.

Some still might go for Duke because of the color scheme.

Any difference in the chassis between the two ?

Any difference in the chassis between the two ?
Nope. I read somewhere that the engine and chassis is shared with that of earlier Duke 390.

Duke's low kerb weight and brand image are its biggest advantage. Youth will still prefer to spend 2 Lac on a KTM than 1.5 Lac on a Bajaj. My guess is that it will attract Royal Enfield crowd because target groups are very similar. Pricing is really crazy, now rest of the competition feels grossly overpriced. Hope Bajaj has not cut corners on product quality and reliability to bring down the price. RS200 had some serious qualty issues.

But one thing is for sure - I didn't like the design at all. It looks like a V15 on steroids from overall body shape.

Regards,
Alpha

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Where will the Mahindra Mojo fit in now? It is not having the power nor torque of Dominior. Duke have it's own position. Mojo will be wiped off.
it will just have a bassy exhaust. that's it. [lol] i think it will kill cbr as well.
wants the ability to go fast, but also wants the ability to ride to office comfortably from his home. This bike will do both
words of Mr Eric Vas, President, Motorcycle Business, Bajaj Auto

what about the insane heat that this engine produces. don't think an office going guy will prefer this.

Last edited:
Superb pricing by Bajaj.. It will not only kill the medium sport bike segment but will also pull a lot of numbers from RE as well..

Any one planning to buy a bike from 1L to 2L they will have this bike as their first choice.

Cheers !!

SG

Had been to the Bangalore launch event, the bike does look smashing and the pricing is the icing on the cake. Test drives are in tune with their punchline- Dominate the night - from 7pm to Midnight!!

Engine note is very different from the KTM's although its basically the same engine. Approximate on-road price for the ABS version would be about 1.75 Lacs

Some pics from the event which had the Bangalore Royal Enfield Riders Club members as chief guests.

Attachments

Thread Starter #30
Disappointed with the colour options.Can't see the rationale behind omitting red and black.
Red and Black color is common with most of the bikes, however part black is a dominant feature of the Dominar 400 in all three color choices, though the color choices could have been more from Bajaj Auto. Personally happened to see the twilight plum color in flesh and it looks amazing. Moon white of course is on display in all showrooms but could not lay my eyes on Midnight Blue anywhere as of yet.

Last edited:

Top Bottom