Bajaj Discover 150S Added To My Parking Lot

Thread Starter #18
Today went to fix seat cover for my bike. The shopkeeper was so confident it will fit Pulsar seat cover. But for everyone surprise the pulsar 150 seat was short as discover 150s seats were more in length. He had to cut and stitch new cover[:)]. Also was finding hard to fix bag hook as it is mono suspension but this guy managed to fix for me[:D]

I have now covered 500 + kms but my odo is still 3kms[glasses]. Waiting for the launch to happen to register it. I liked the engine noise felt better than Pulsar as in pulsar the bore heats up and engine noise goes heavy with tappet noise audible. I felt discover 150S is better refined. I could feel the 50km vibration but very little as it carries away through the frame. I could guess my FE is 60km as I tested the distance I covered daily to office. Real FE can be checked once odo is connected.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Now comes kithna detha hai ? With 100rs of petrol 1.3ltr I covered 85kms so roughly it is 65kmpl. But considering no meter reading I did calculate my daily distance to office so I take it 60kmpl. Still a good FE for a 150cc bike[:D]

Now comes kithna detha hai ? With 100rs of petrol 1.3ltr I covered 85kms so roughly it is 65kmpl. But considering no meter reading I did calculate my daily distance to office so I take it 60kmpl. Still a good FE for a 150cc bike[:D]
NO doubt. Discover will always discover new mileage records.

Great bajaj that to in 150CC[clap]

Thread Starter #22
Finally Bajaj has officially launched 150s today. I am eagerly awaiting to register my bike. Till now I have roughly covered 650kms. Next day of registration my bike is due for 1st service :-)

How are the brakes? Because some people told me that the Discover has very poor brakes.
I liked the engine noise felt better than Pulsar as in pulsar the bore heats up and engine noise goes heavy with tappet noise audible. I felt discover 150S is better refined.
How did you feel the Discover to be more refined than the Pulsar? I thought the Pulsar was more refined?

Thread Starter #26
How are the brakes? Because some people told me that the Discover has very poor brakes. How did you feel the Discover to be more refined than the Pulsar? I thought the Pulsar was more refined?
The clutch is very light than vein braking pulsar cutch. I had ug 4.5 pulsar since 2012. The engine is butter smooth and less loud in high speeds than pulsar.

Thread Starter #27
It is time for first service as I drove lot without odo meter connected my odo meter reads 175kms now. I will provide more update after I leave for service tomorrow.

The clutch is very light than vein braking pulsar cutch. I had ug 4.5 pulsar since 2012. The engine is butter smooth and less loud in high speeds than pulsar.
BTW where is your Pulsar 150? Why you change 2012 pulsar to a lower varient discover? How much Km it covered till now?Any problems?How much are your daily run? Is there any ownership thread for your Pulsar?

Thread Starter #29
BTW where is your Pulsar 150? Why you change 2012 pulsar to a lower varient discover? How much Km it covered till now?Any problems?How much are your daily run? Is there any ownership thread for your Pulsar?
I sold my Pulsar as I started to get back ache and started using only car. I covered 11k kms only in 2 years and sold for 47k rs. Today I dropped my discover 150s for first service.

BW the meter console is very dull in nights hardly visible is there something I can do to make it bright. The meter needle don't even glow[cry]

I am due for my 4th service which is not free, if you have any idea, would you tell me how much it would cost, and should i get it done from bajaj showroom only ( if yes how much ) or from outside

Top Bottom