Bajaj Decides To Halt Production of XCD 125

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Bajaj Auto has decided to stop production of the XCD 125. The Bajaj XCD 125 was introduced in September 2007 but failed to set the sales chart on fire with sales declining to below 20,000 units a month. Bajaj decided to pull the plug to make way for the slightly bigger and more powerful XCD 135 which was launched in February this year. (Source: Motorbeam)

Drive Safe!
350Z

The XCD 125 was a good bike. I mean looking at the mileage figures & price it was value for money.Don't know why it dint sell,may be because of the looks[:D]

Lets see what the XCD 135 sports.May be two piece handle bars and all [lol]

Bajaj can really stop selling amlost 10 models in same 100-150 cc segment!!

It is really pathetic & doesn't make any sense!

AMG

Suspended
Thank You Bajaj
You stopped the production of the UGLIEST model in your range.[clap][:D][lol!]

A wise decision. Bajaj has always tried to make 125cc segment the entry level segment instead of 100cc. But they have never succeeded. First they came up with discover, then XCD. Where as Discover was successful due to its engine and performance, the same cannot be said for XCD.

Discover went on to be tilted towards performance and the 135cc version was quite successful.

XCD was itself a confused product. Low on power for 125cc, the fuel efficiency was not significantly better than 100cc competition.

So Bajaj realized that they need 100cc bike, came up with 100cc XCD and it is an instant hit.
Sometimes, I wish Bajaj had never discontinued CT100. It was selling so well.
But at the end of the day, a wise decision to cease a product that was not successful.

So what?I think Xcd shares most of the spares with discover model ?
I dont think that most of the parts are shared. XCD had a box section frame that was developed from a scratch. Also, the main intention was to create a relatively light bike that can handle city traffic and even a person with an average height can be comfortable.
This is not the case with discover. The compact dimensions and low ride height of XCD are proof of this.

But certain parts,specially rubber parts might be shared to bring down the cost.

AMG

Suspended
My dear friend,
There is a LOT OF DIFFERENCE between an XCD 100cc and a discover 100cc.
What you are mentioning is the discover 100cc.

Top Bottom