Bad Experience with Tata Dealership While Buying Nano

Thread Starter #1
I had shifted to new place wanted a cheap , basic car without too much frills.The only thing I in my list was A/C - so narrowed down to Nano Cx.
So I took test drive f Lx variant , the car was very spacious , but erognomics wise everything was a disaster.- The steering was too low set for my liking , seats had perched up feeling and the instrument cluster for further away from driver - which was very annoying.Despite all this had booked Nano Cx variant and paid full amount in advance but still did not get delivery of the car even after being promised it will be available in 10 - 12 days.I waited close to 20 days even then I did not get the car.Fed up I called tata Motors who in their typical government servant attitude sided with dealer saying that my car was not on their priority`list as and car will delivered only if their truck passes to dealer loaction.Instead they said if your in desperate need for the car driver the dealer Demo car.

This incident has made me think twice of buying any Tata products in future.Maruti suzuki dealership as always were cordial but I Felt Alto was too old and very expensive so was 800.

Re: Tata Nano Gets Its First Upgrade - The Nano 2012

.Fed up I called tata Motors who in their typical government servant attitude sided with dealer saying that my car was not on their priority`list as and car will delivered only if their truck passes to dealer loaction.Instead they said if your in desperate need for the car driver the dealer Demo car.
What do priority list does with Tata nano[confused].Even Toyota won't ask for Priority WTH does Tata want to do? Maybe the no. of bookings for them have surprised so they are acting in a typical hyped manner,and that is the reason for Tata's downfall[frustration].

If you stay in a non BS4 city then its a worth opting for 800AC

Sad to see such discrimination being done by tata.
You can threaten to cancel your booking to make your delivery a priority delivery [;)].

350Z

Core Team
Sad that such unprofessional service continues to happen at Tata Dealerships. Did you ask what this so called priority delivery list is and why the discrimination? Also, please never pay full amount in advance especially if it comes to bigger products like cars. Keep updating us with further information.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Me too faced the same situation

I booked and payed full amount for a nano LX Perl white@hyson motors Thrissur and they denied PDI and delayed delivery by 2days also they asked more than 10k on the offered amount.

I am going to cancel the booking today.,

I booked and payed full amount for a nano LX Perl white@hyson motors Thrissur and they denied PDI and delayed delivery by 2days
Did you ask them for what reason did they denied the car by 2 days?Were you informed that the car was allotted or blocked in your name?

also they asked more than 10k on the offered amount.
So,this clearly tells that the car which is allotted to you is going to be bought by another influential person for a premium.So if if you are eager to get the car then they expect this amount. Feels like[gun]

Good job and tell them you are going to write to the company about this matter.

Thread Starter #8
Sorry for replying so late.As usual busy with work.[frustration]
I had cancelled the booking for Nano and got full refund.Buying new car has to wait as I am very busy with work.

Sorry for replying so late.As usual busy with work.[frustration]
I had cancelled the booking for Nano and got full refund.Buying new car has to wait as I am very busy with work.
The best car at a reasonable price is EON , much better than Alto and other small cars and gives you a premium feeling. If budget is a constraint than Try NANO from ABS Motors Gurgaon or PM me i can arrange a ready delivery.

Thread Starter #10
@torando78 - Thanks for your help.But I have decided to postpone the buying new car for the time being.BTW ,I took test drive of EON loved it except for its engine and steering wheel.

Sad that such unprofessional service continues to happen at Tata Dealerships. Did you ask what this so called priority delivery list is and why the discrimination? Also, please never pay full amount in advance especially if it comes to bigger products like cars. Keep updating us with further information.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I booked and payed full amount for a nano LX Perl white@hyson motors Thrissur and they denied PDI and delayed delivery by 2days also they asked more than 10k on the offered amount.

Very true, you should never pay full amount, just pay the minimum required amount. Till the money is in your hand, you're the KING. As soon as its in the other's hand you're slave. Always pay the minimum required and always clarify in detail about the exit clause.

i have never found such situation @ miles motors vadodara.

they are very kind , and never felt that they treated me like free car owner (cheap car buyer !)
yes, service is also good at miles.

only problem is its about 18 KM away from my home [cry] hope they will open a branch in city area also.

Top Bottom