Back To The Future! My New MTBike

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAIgers!we are at a time of history when there is a lot going about deciding how the future of our planet will be.
One major area of concern is Health and ecosystem we live in as they are interdependent.The vehicle manufacturers and Government have both been able to provide and inventing alternative energy resources keeping in mind environmental preservation.And it seems we as citizens are moving back for the sake of the future !
I went down memory lane a few weeks ago when i saw my picture posing with my first bicycle A 1991 hero ranger MTB and boy oh boy I have very good memories of the number of kilometers i had put on it until 2007 when it was passed on to my nephew as i moved out for higher studies .Its no longer with him but I certainly miss the bike for the way i took care of it all the way till I had to part with it .
Fast forward 2020 and the old memories came back and I was also looking to do get into some hobby and physical activity for fitness.
My brother in law is a biker for sometime and discussed this with him and he encouraged me to pick up one bicycle and get back on the street.

So there it was I was going back to memories with my new acquisition: FIREFOX FUSION 27.5 MTB.
Slide1.JPG

In loving memory of my long lost bicycle I am calling him "Ranger " henceforth .
Welcome all to this introduction to RANGER.
I have bought this bicycle through online portal choosemybicycle.com and it took them 12 days to deliver the bicycle to my home .
Slide2.JPG

The bike is delivered 90 percent assembled .Only the pedals ,seat and the handle bar need to be adjusted and your ready to hit the streets.
Slide3.JPG

Finshed with the formal pooja. My daughter already asking me when she can ride the bike herself [lol]
Slide4.JPG

The full details of the specifications of the bike can be found online and hence I am skipping it here but I am adding pictures for viewing pleasure.
Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

Slide7.JPG

Slide8.JPG

Slide10.JPG

I have added the following accessories
1)front and rear PVC mud guard
2)tring tring bell
3)front and rear LED blinker lights
4)bottle holder and bottle
5)helmet

Thread Starter #2
For me getting back to riding serves 2 main purposes getting fitter and help reduce use of vehicles for short distance commuting thereby helping the environment and the pocket[cheers].

Slide11.JPG
Slide9.JPG

I shall update this thread with my rides and upkeep of RANGER [thumbsup].
Please feel free to comment with your thoughts

Attachments

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Congrats for the new bike. Ride safe. Wear a helmet. Don't overspeed. And always carry a valid driving license with you.
Sorry, just kidding[cheers]
Color is very cool. I love it. And disc brakes,gear shift indicator on the handles,bottle holder on a cycle, is all new to me.( I have conventional type bike only). Very nice.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thank you ! License I don't know but helmet for sure :)
It's pretty new for me also and a steep learning curve to know what gear for what speed.
Taking it easy now

Congrats on the best environment friendly mobility, lovely colour combinations, and features, the neon highlights are unmissable.
My SIL is a bicycle junky, just completed a 50km run last month in Pune, his bike is super light.
Enjoy your ride.

Thread Starter #6
Thank you again sir ! Yes the graphics and paint are very good on modern bikes.I prefer to keep colors as sober as possible with this color combination .
Newer steel and alloy bikes definitely help cutting down weight and effort for the rider.
Riding has become addictive and yeah I can understand when you say 50 km is a lot of effort !

Congrats for the new found hobby. The cycle looks good and will help reducing Carbon as well as cholesterol prints.

Enjoy riding and keep us updated. Wish you a healthy New Year !!

Cheers !!

SG

Thread Starter #8
New accessories
got my self a few essential accessories from Decathlon .
1)Btwin 2Litre double storage frame bag :
this had 2 1Litre zippered pouches on either side and a transparent touch screen compatible mobile sleeve .
The bag is not water proof and hence not very useful in rain .
Mainly to carry the spanner and hex keys,few snacks and mobile forGPS

2) Btwin memory foam saddle cover
the factory saddle is quite firm and the human seat can get sore after a rocky trail .
The saddle cover has made my rides very comfortable ! fits well over the factory seat and fastened with a pull string ! easy on easy off especially for washing .

3)Roadr 500 cycling sunglasses: Build is light weight with good comfortable nose rest and side arms .
has very good coverage preventing dust entering the eyes .Its UV protection helps prevent sun glare.
Cannot be used for night riding though!

4)padded cycling inner shorts .
to make the ride more comfortable in case of long rides

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Hello guys :
have been spending a fair bit of time with RANGER.
with the running in period almost complete(approx 50 kms ) ,I feel there is a need to get the disc brakes adjusted.
No issue or niggles so far [cheers]
loving every bit of the rides with my bicycle [gun]

Top Bottom