Availability of BS IV Fuel Across India

re: Availability of BS IV Fuel across Maharashtra and rest of India

Thank you GURRALA, Total 20 cities are getting Bs4 fuel as per govt.baboo s , when I counted them on this thread I found one city' missing. This way they could have mentioned mumbai, delhi in a split fashion.

So does that mean each & every fuel station in the cities listed above (eg Bangalore) will have only BS4 diesel only? How does one ensure or are there any checks by authorties to ensure this ?

Bs4 bunks get only BS 4 fuel only and are billed accordingly. I mean it is not possible to carry a cheaper B'S 3 fuel when the bunk owner is charged for costlier B'S 4 fuel.
As of now, there is no easy method for end user to differentiate between BS 3 & 4.
Only way is to ask for bill copies to the oil Co under RTI.

Bs4 bunks get only BS 4 fuel only and are billed accordingly. I mean it is not possible to carry a cheaper B'S 3 fuel when the bunk owner is charged for costlier B'S 4 fuel.
As of now, there is no easy method for end user to differentiate between BS 3 & 4.
Only way is to ask for bill copies to the oil Co under RTI.
One way to identify is prices - as far as in Bangalore.

BS3 Fuel (D/P) are cheaper by few paise specially in Bangalore rural areas.

Most of points are related to Diesel only. Can someone specify similar details for Petrol as well Please?

As of now, there is no easy method for end user to differentiate between BS 3 & 4. Only way is to ask for bill copies to the oil Co under RTI.
One can differentiate between BS3 & BS4 diesel by having a look at it. BS3 would be more yellowish than BS4 owing to higher sulfur content. Infact BS4 is almost colorless due to very low sulfur present.
Otherwise as Tornado mentioned asking for bill copy is the only foolproof method :)

Most of points are related to Diesel only. Can someone specify similar details for Petrol as well Please?
BS3 & BS4 are just specifications for both diesel & petrol emissions alike. By the proper combination of BS4 fuel & BS4 vehicle, we can expect lowest level of emissions.

Shocking news for me![surprise] I went to one of my regular outlets to fill up my tankful of diesel. Now this outlet is about 12kms from the city center & well within the Greater Bangalore muncipal limits. I ordered a full tank of regular diesel & attendant started filling & while it was pumping I asked him if it was BS3 or BS4. He said BS3, I asked him to stop at Rs 1000. Then I had a quick chat with the manager who was around & he confirmed its BS3! He says the pump is categorised under rural jurisdiction & just a handful of pumps in the city centre might offer BS4!.

Brings me to an even more important question. RTO has made it mandatory to sell only BS4 vehicles in metro cities & this was confirmed by the sales person while he was selling me the vehicle that BS3 vehicles cannot be registered in B'lore. Now how come it is mandatory to sell ONLY BS4 vehicles but no check on fuel & BS3 is openly being sold!

Someone probably needs to take this up via a petition.

Yes I noticed this long ago. Only pumps which are in Bangalore metro limits sell BS4 diesel. If you notice BS3 diesel is cheaper by around 25p.

By the above rule / reason they should allow to register BS3 vehicles in the Bangalore Rural RTOs (KA53/KA41/KA50 etc).

I believe registration of vehicles in rural areas of such cities is allowed with BS3 regn. My friend in Ahmedabad had such a problem wherein he wanted to register his BS3 vehicle from MH in Ahmedabad he got through by registering with Ahmedabad Rural address.

Status is same.
Rs 60k cr.are required to make the rest of the India BS 4 compliant.
When international rates of fuel were $142 approx ,diesel was selling @Rs 68 in India &petrol was selling @Rs 82 .
Now, international rates have fallen by almost 65‰ to $45 ,and diesel should sell @Rs 23 and petrol @Rs 27 but reality is otherwise.
At least, government should make the country BS 4 compliant.

Top Bottom