Availability of ‘Rouf Rails’ Brand Outside Coimbatore?

Thread Starter #1
Thanks to vinodkumar http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...her-luv-story-my-ertiga-zdi-ecru-beige-2.html for the information and pictures and patkar_a for suggestion, this new thread is being opened.

This is for Welcome to Rouf Rails.

All the owners of MPV, not limited to Ertiga, who especially would like their vehicle carriers to look different than the regular ones (taxi cabs-for that matter), this is a good option. But it seems, it is not available outside Coimbatore.

Secondly, there may be a communication problem for the language with the owner.

And Load carrying capacity is there-it is not for simple show-off.

So, the any thoughts on how to procure them for Mumbai/Pune region ?

hey guy,i may need carrier for Ganeshotsav since i would be travelling to my village using my Ertiga.

So today at 6:30pm i called Rouf rails guy,coimbatore. He doesn't understand other than tamil,so communication was issue,some how managed.He gave a mobile number of Rouf rails,representative based in mumbai Mr.Vijay Kumar.

So i contacted him,Asked him.
Quotes were as follows:
Rouf Rails=>Rs.16000
Shipment =>Rs.3000/4000
Service tax extra.

So it may cost around 21k approx.

Asked about bulk buy.,3 or more orders.
All shipment will be done under 5k max,i.e. 3/4 roufrails will be shipped with cost of 1,with little 1 k over.

So bulk buy would cost around 18/19k.
Asked any discount on MRP's, Ans was NO.

Any guys interested,will come together and negotiate further for the buy.

Re: Availability of ‘Rouf Rails’ Brand Outside Coimbatore?

@ patkar a, can you give me contact number of Vijay Kumar - Rouf Rail representative Mumbai
:sorry:hey buddy i lost his contact,since i have contacted 2 months back,did not buy that,give a call on rouf rails guys coimbatore,he will give you a contact depending on the city.

Spoke to Mr. Vijaykumar few minutes back regarding roufrail for my ertiga. Ocean Amber if you are interested we can bulk order and check for some discount. Let me know.

I have fitted rouf rails in my car, the manufacturing plant is just couple of kilometers from my home in Coimbatore. if anyone needs language assistance, I can help for sure. The owner name is Sundaram who lives in Coimbatore as he owns this product.

Vijayakumar lives in Mumbai who is distributor for Mumbai. You can find their contact details in their website Welcome To Rouf Rails

Rouf Rail CEO Sundaram is good friend of mine and I know his abilities of designing the product and quality. Surprisingly he is asking to me to take care the central parts of India. Well, though I am not into Rouf Rail business yet, but will see if that works out or not. Only God can shed lights.

Rouf Rail CEO Sundaram is good friend of mine and I know his abilities of designing the product and quality. Surprisingly he is asking to me to take care the central parts of India. Well, though I am not into Rouf Rail business yet, but will see if that works out or not. Only God can shed lights.
Rouf Rail has a very big business opportunity in western india like Mumbai /pune.
We are still searching for a good dealer for Rouf Rail here in pune.

I beleive Rouf Rail should start selling the product very aggressively. Rouf Rail is a very good product. Its just perfect. Looks / size / and sturdy. I know there are any factors involved but as a customer i wish this should available at my place where i can get good After Sales Service.

Hi Pradeep,

May I know how can I purchase it in Hyderabad?
I can assist you to get this product in Hyderabad if you are okay to purchase and thereI know there is service who is available to fit on the car . I sent PM to you. message me if you need assistance.

For the benefit of automative community, I can be open to share information on Rouf Rails. It should not exceed 18K (thats the maximum price no matter where you are in India) and does not matter about shipping cost as it merely costs around Rs.500 (check in any parcel services if you want I can bet on it). I am talking about including fitting charge. If any one sells beyond this price point, it is not worth to buy RoufRails unless someone is very serious and fall in love with RoufRails. I helped couple of guys in Hyderabad to get this (Shipping charge was Rs.350). Please avoid paying so much for fancy item. End of the day remember it is painted product so any luggage you keep on top RoufRails will leave scratches on the painted area. After sometime it will spoil the look also.

I did fit RoufRails in My Ertiga and I know the owner of the Rouf Rails well. but should not be asking too much money like taking ride on customers as granted.

Last edited:

18k is still a high price even though it's a definate head turner especially on a ertiga. I paid 21k 2 years back in Mumbai and many people have enquired about it but due to steep price I don't think anyone purchased it. I am yet to use it for a practical purpose, for now it's just an accessory and its doing that job pretty well.

18k is still a high price even though it's a definate head turner especially on a ertiga. I paid 21k 2 years back in Mumbai and many people have enquired about it but due to steep price I don't think anyone purchased it. I am yet to use it for a practical purpose, for now it's just an accessory and its doing that job pretty well.
Yes, it looks good even I did fit in my Ertiga from Coimbatore manufacturing plant. The price was way less when I paid about 1.5 years back. However for the sake of the community I am not going tell the price. Though I helped couple of my friends to get Rouf Rails but i feel it was much more cheaper than you paid. I am sure Rouf Rails is riding on top to set the money plant as they are charging steep high. If they don't price correctly they will end up at the dead end.

I had used once with heavy luggage on rouf rails (38kg+) driving from Coimbatore - Hyderabad with 7 people on board. The problem I figured out was while you are on high speed, you baggage may slips as there is no grip holding (side skirt) on the front and both asides (which you usually see in other regular luggage carriers). Though you tie the rope and tighten them, still there is some amount of chance I could sense.

For example, when you brake wheels, your luggage movement towards forward position but there is no holder or side skirt on the front to stop the force of forwarding movement of the bags. so it is quite easy your luggage will fall down on the front windshield glass. Use cotton ropes to get the good grip when tying luggages on the rouf rails. Comparing to other luggage carriers, the problem I noticed was there is no side skirt at front and both sides. So you are absolutely forced to depend on the tying rope strength.

Rouf Rail looking good but can carry small baggages to a short distance.

Last edited:

Top Bottom