Automotive Vintage Car Rally

Yesteryear beauties throng Mumbai roads

Carwale
The wrath of the sun did not deter these motor enthusiasts from getting their yesteryear beauties out of the garage and drive it through the Mumbai roads.

The Vintage rally organised today saw more than 100 beauties from Dodge to Mercedes to Chevrolet making their presence felt. The rally even had some old bikes on display ranging from the old Honda to BSA motorcycles, which have been spotted after a long time.

Some of the yesteryear beauties which grasped attention were the Buick Roadmaster, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford B, Lancia DiLamda, Cadillac 62, Morris Minor, Pontiac, Porsche, Volkswagen Beetle et al.

Attachments

wow so many vintage car rallies going on, surely a rejoice time for old vintage lovers. what is that multi colored beetle about? something related to a cause?

350Z

Core Team
My car was in the display and i need more pics of it... Its the Midnight Blue Fiat with No. MDH 2323... can u post it
Hey devrajan,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Do you mean this Fiat (Image Below)? She looks real cute. Would love to read more about it in a separate thread :smile: and I’m sure that Surendar will be in position to share more pictures of your ride, just in case if he has some.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vintage Car Rally 2011-

I got a surprising news from a senior friend in my snooker club at 3.30 PM today that there is a vintage car rally from Chennai to Pondy,similar to the one held last time.
I expected the same cars,but,he stated that the news paper had names like Jaguar,VW,Beetle,Fiat.etc.
I got surprised and went to beach by around 4.15 and didn't find a space for parking and parked my car few 100 metres away from the show area,and went by walk.
Unlike last time,we had lot of cars like 2 Jaguars,Austins,Fiats,Mustang,Mini and the Pontiac.
Here are the first set of photos.

Attachments

Nice captures Surendar. The owners seem to have taken really good care of these beauties, the gleaming look itself says that.

Thread Starter #67
Yeah , me too got the news today morning , i though they are repeat , also had lot of work in garage , so didnt attend.
we saw all of them going in a line near 11.30 am near beach _ went there with my mech to drop him for a break down

Vintage Car Rally

@Akash,thanks.
Yes,the cars were neatly maintained,and some of the cars have been re-registered to TN from the old "KBR,KLD,etc".
@Ilango,this time,there were more interesting cars.Try to catch them by tomorrow morning,when they return back to Chennai.
Here are the second set of photos.

Attachments

Third set of pictures.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Great coverage, Surendar. This vintage car show definitely had some unique cars. I really admire the Mercedes Benz 200D; it is a must-have model in any vintage collection. Also, that black Rover seems to be quite familiar to me. I think that I have seen the same car during AutoMall.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fourth Set of pictures.

Attachments

Final set of pictures.
@350 Z,thanks a lot.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Good collection of pictures again. It seems that the orange car in Post #71 is a modified one?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good collection of pictures again. It seems that the orange car in Post #71 is a modified one?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks again..
That orange car is a Standard Herald,which looks like a modified one,as it has after market taillights(like that of bus),and it has minor difference in body shape from the black Standard Herald.
This car shares its garage with a VW 1300,Fiat,and a Willys.
I liked the painting work on the green VW 1300,which last time had blue/yellow two-tone like paint job.

350Z

Core Team
You're welcome. :smile: I don’t think that modifying vintage or classic cars according to today’s taste is a best idea though, because even without modifications, vintages are lookers already.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom