Automotive Vintage Car Rally

Thread Starter #1
Hi , Just now read in a news paper there is a vintage car exhibition in island ground in chennai and there is a rally too on saturday from chennai to pondy.

i am in a hurry , i have messaged the same to zinam. He will update here. just got few moments and i logged in.

350Z

Core Team
Thread Moved.

Is it going to be something like Coimbatore Vizha which was held last year? Click here for details and pics.

Please update us with more information on same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5
picture report in dc.

Vintage cars were in display at island grounds on wednesday. Managing directors of tamil nadu and puducherry tourism ,A.C mohandoss and Mathew , announced that a vintage and classic car rally will be organized from chennai to puducherry on saturday

Thread Starter #7
Its not mentioned over and this sat there is a rally.

Hope it must start from that place. Do you think the exbi is over and re assemble on saturday to go to puducherry?

So i feel the cars are in the same place.

Zinam must be busy with office work tomorrow i guess! So no chance this time , will have to wait till next time again!!

BTW wondering how much time will these vintage cars take to come to Pondicherry!!

Thread Starter #11
Nice imaginations.

My grand dad used to say in old madras - cuddalore / madras - pondy roads will be more of sand and these cars(cadilag) makes a top speed of 110mph. Note its mph

Thread Starter #13
yeah that is it

The exhibition here in pondicherry beach had around 40 cars.

The best one was mustang. Maintained at showroom condition, new seats and etc.

I was shocked to see one of my uncle as participant there. He had come with there old fiat.

And about my fav , mustang , he showed the owner and he was a wealthy rich man. Hope so he owned a s80 too and came in that.

cars started at 9 in chennai and reach pondy by 2. All came in a rally , so the most oldest ones cannot do more than 40kmph.

Few cars were badly maintained. some were maintained at mint condition.
I was taking pictures , suddenly all these idiotic ministers and cm came and public were made to stay away. then they announced the inauguration , just 4 more cars were left for me to take pictures. That were covered by surendar. he started from one end and i started from another end. His phone battery died making impossible to take some at the last , which i covered.
Dont worry guys, all pics are covered for TAI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vintage car rally from Chennai to Pondicherry

The Vintage car rally was started from chennai today and the cars were lined up in the beach road,Pondicherry.
The cars that were brought from chennai mostly,and 3 pondicherry cars.
The cars that i saw were Ford Mustang,Plymouth,Chevrolet,Impala,VW 1300,VW 1600 L,Fiat 500,Peugeot,Mercedes Benz 250,Volvo,Austin Cambridge,Triumph,Vaux Hall and many more cars.
I will post the pics tomorrow.

So totally how many cars?? Great to know atleast you were able to attend this! Did Ilango accompany you?? Waiting for the pictures!

Top Bottom