Automotive Smartphone Applications

Review - Ibibo Ryde (Ride sharing App)

Hi Guys

I recently installed a new ride sharing app - Ibibo Ryde - ibibo Ryde - Let's Travel Together

I have used it for 10 days and given rides on 6-7 occasions in my dezire (Rohini - Gurgaon)

1) Login only allowed via Facebook
2) Payment mode - Online only. This is a very useful feature assuring KYC and no risk of bad elements booking the ride. I mean why would a bad element share his mobile no/bank details (Tell if i am wrong)
3) App working is smooth
4) Maximum rides you can give is to 3 people

I have met good people from zomato,ibibo via this app [evil]

Some precautions which should be taken before giving a ride

a) Ask for pic of id proff via whatsapp/email to ensure identity. If a person hesitates then just dont approve his ride request (its your choice)
b) Be extra careful in case of ladies with very strict laws now a days favouring girls (Personally i am offering rides to only males)

All in all a great app to make friends and reduce fuel expenses (I am able to cover 50% of my daily fuel expenses)

Looking forward to your feedback also

Re: Review - Ibibo Ryde (Ride sharing App)

Hi Guys

I recently installed a new ride sharing app - Ibibo Ryde - ibibo Ryde - Let's Travel Together

I have used it for 10 days and given rides on 6-7 occasions in my dezire (Rohini - Gurgaon)

1) Login only allowed via Facebook
2) Payment mode - Online only. This is a very useful feature assuring KYC and no risk of bad elements booking the ride. I mean why would a bad element share his mobile no/bank details (Tell if i am wrong)
3) App working is smooth
4) Maximum rides you can give is to 3 people

I have met good people from zomato,ibibo via this app [evil]

Some precautions which should be taken before giving a ride

a) Ask for pic of id proff via whatsapp/email to ensure identity. If a person hesitates then just dont approve his ride request (its your choice)
b) Be extra careful in case of ladies with very strict laws now a days favouring girls (Personally i am offering rides to only males)

All in all a great app to make friends and reduce fuel expenses (I am able to cover 50% of my daily fuel expenses)

Looking forward to your feedback also
Mods- I think there should be seperate thread for this. As this is no ordinary app. Its a transport app. Please spread this like wildfire (make it sticky)

We here have a responsibility to reduce traffic [clap]

Nairrk

Honoured Member
TVS Motors Launches TVSM Service Mobile Application

TVSM Service Mobile Application is one of the unique ways to stay in touch with customers and provide them with information and tips in many ways

TVS Motor Company today launched TVSM Service Mobile Application for all current and prospective owners of TVS two wheelers nationwide.

The application was designed with the intention of providing real time information to the owner of a TVS two wheeler without them needing to get in touch with any dealer or company’s service center. The customer gets first hand information on service needs, mileage, performance, convenience and safety which is now seamlessly delivered through this stored, in-phone application, which is one of the key benefits of application which is more than website.

Service Schedules that will help customers will have information on the recommended service interval with respect to Time and Kilometer for their vehicles. The app will have specifications that will enable current and future customers to know more about vehicle details related to Engine, Electrical, Chassis, Capacities, Tyres, Brakes and Dimensions.

Customers can use the Service Booking feature to book their services appointment online with their preferred dealership for a hassle free service initiation at dealership on their arrival. Customers can locate dealers, check service history, gets tips on extracting more economy and get safety tips too. The app can help get fuel records which helps them get more control on expenditure. Warranty, News & Updates, Service History are also things that the customer look forward to check in their app for their vehicle. If doesn’t get to you, you can always Contact TVS Motor and they provided for the through customer support. The app will be upgraded from time to time with new features based on users feedback.

Source: TVS Motors Launches TVSM Service Mobile Application - Gaadiwaadi.com

Launched Auto Dna! Need feed back from fellow auto enthusiasts.

Hello Folks, I am a software consultant who has just turned 30 and also a fellow auto enthusiast. I have always tried to do something to be associated with my passion. Here I have launched an automotive app, for which I would need some honest feed back from you. Please download the app from the link below. Also, I have explained in brief what it is all about in the lines below. Thank you in advance. [:)]

Just Launched!
Auto Dna.
Bespoke curated dope from the Indian Automotive industry topped with just the right amount of International happenings and fresh green technologies. The take away here? Well, the dope is in crisp 60 words curated and handpicked by auto enthusiasts from an array of national and international automotive magazines with a direct link to the source magazine to read more. Yes, it cant get better. Keep posted!
Download here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appoets.autodna

Maruti Care Android App

Hi Friends,
There is an Android App Maruti Care. Has anyone been using it? Wanted help with the use as it requires a Log in and password. I checked with my dealer they are not knowing how to use it. This app as it states keeps a complete record of the maintenance of the car with reminders on service and some more features.

Maruti Care Android App

You need to register first with the mobile number ( provided at the time of car purchase) or VIN . It has a lots of functionality like service records, warranty details etc.

Re: Maruti Care Android App

Its a good app with lots of functionality . And you can also see the service records. One time I saw a false service record entry and I mailed Maruti and got it promptly corrected. But the service done at dealer workshops is only shown in the app , any other place like MASS does not show. This is a thing maruti needs to correct.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Mahindra Launches a Game Changing Connected Vehicles Technology Platform – DiGiSENSE

• Is the first Indian OEM to leverage one integrated technology platform for vehicle connectivity across a wide range of mobility products, tractors and businesses

• Smart application to empower Mahindra customers to digitally build knowledge 24x7 about the performance and location of their mobility products and tractors

• First of its kind technology platform which is multi application and multi product enabled

August, 2016, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M Ltd), part of the US$ 17.8 billion Mahindra Group, today announced the launch of Mahindra DiGiSENSE, a revolutionary technology solution that connects Mahindra vehicles, tractors, trucks and construction equipment to the cloud, opening up a whole new dimension to the experience of vehicle ownership.

DiGiSENSE which is digitally enabled sensing, will be available across Mahindra’s breadth of mobility products from commercial and passenger vehicles to tractors and construction equipments. Its launch makes the company the first OEM in India to integrate its product line-up onto a cloud-based technology platform.

DiGiSENSE empowers owners, fleet operators, drivers, dealers and service teams to access vital information about their vehicles, trucks, tractors or construction equipment on a real time basis from the driver’s seat and afar.

DiGiSENSE will empower customers to digitally build knowledge 24X7 about the performance and location of their vehicles. Drivers can contact emergency breakdown services or pull up a route planner at the touch of a button, fleet owners and dealers can track the location of their vehicles in real time, while remote diagnostics and reports allow service teams to monitor the vehicle’s health and productivity parameters, on a real time basis.

Speaking at the launch, Dr. Pawan Goenka, Executive Director, Mahindra & Mahindra said, “Digitization is emerging as a key differentiator for business transformation and connected vehicle technology is one such manifestation. At Mahindra we regularly challenge conventional thinking and create disruptions and the launch of DiGiSENSE 1.0 is one such effort to adopt technology to develop new ecosystems. It is the first of its kind technology platform which is multi application and multi product enabled. From providing real time data, to tracking performance and productivity of the vehicles, DiGiSENSE will enable customers to control their businesses”.

Rajan Wadhera, President and Chief Executive – Truck, Power Train Division and Head – MRV, Mahindra & Mahindra said, “Today technology has become an integral part of our lives and the need to stay connected is a basic necessity for fleet owners to improve productivity and individual owners for personal needs. Connected vehicle technology has been evolving over the past decade to address customer’s needs and the convergence of technological solutions into the mobility space is gaining further relevance. At Mahindra we have always been technological pioneers with several technology firsts to our credit. DiGiSENSE is a modular, scalable, flexible and robust connected vehicle platform that has been conceived and brought to life by Mahindra by bringing together an entire ecosystem of stakeholders. We have built in several features into DiGiSENSE and will further integrate other features in the future versions. We are sure this will revolutionize the way our customers will interact with their Mahindra vehicles and will empower them to maximize their efficiencies and effectiveness”.

DiGiSENSE will initially be available in the Jeeto and Imperio in the small commercial vehicles space; the Arjun Novo in the tractor space; the Mahindra Blazo in the heavy commercial vehicles space; and the Earthmaster in the construction equipment space.

Available as a subscription-based service at an affordable price, DiGiSENSE will eventually be available across the entire line-up of Mahindra’s vehicles.

Salient Features of DiGiSENSE are as follows:

• One Solution with Multitude of Applications: In DiGiSENSE Mahindra has created a unified, cloud-based technology platform for its entire mobility sector. The same platform is customized to suit different applications and different sets of customers, while providing a seamless and unified Mahindra experience. A customer owning different Mahindra vehicles will still have the same user experience with individual and unique customizations.

• Ecosystem Orchestration: Mahindra will be the first Indian OEM to have created an ecosystem of technology partners like cloud service provider, map provider, telecom network provider, hardware manufacturer and other third parties.

• Keeping Pace with the Times: “DiGiSENSE” is an open-architecture platform that will be upgraded on a periodic basis.

• Seamless Feature Upgrades: Customers will constantly be upgraded to the latest versions of DiGiSENSE over the cloud without ever needing to step into a showroom or dealership, similar to software upgrades on mobile phones.

• Redefining Service Paradigms: With DiGiSENSE, Mahindra will be taking the next step towards redefining service paradigms the digital way. It’s an attempt to get closer to the customer by offering value added services directly, “then & there”, and enhancing the overall customer experience.

Key Features of DiGiSENSE:

• Route planning & Delivery tracking
• Vehicle utilization reports
• Trip optimization
• Alerts & Machine hour operations
• Geo fencing
Official

Regards

Akash

FuelLog
FuelLog will keep track of your fuel purchases and help you calculate the mpg your car is getting, as well as how much cash you’re spending on fuel and maintenance and etc. It also keeps track of expenditures on tolls, parking, tires, oil changes, and it will even perform calculations for electric cars, natural gas cars, as well as hydrogen fuel cell vehicles—making it very nearly future proof. It’s multilingual too, FuelLog can communicate with users in English, German, French, Dutch, and if you’d like, you can help the developer translate it into other languages as well. And yes, it does calculations in kilometers, liters, UK gallons, and cost calculations in pretty much every known currency.
From Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.simonmorgenthaler.fuellog
Download on PC/Other phones: Download FuelLog - Car Management for PC - choilieng.com
aCar: this app may be familiar with all of drivers.
+Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zonewalker.acar
+Other phone: Download aCar - Car Management, Mileage for PC - choilieng.com

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Toyota Kirloskar Motor launches ‘TOYOTA CONNECT’ smartphone app based Connected services

20031652_1602239863142515_279217013941297488_n.jpg

TOYOTA INDIA·TUESDAY, 11 JULY 2017

- Connected Services with Human Touch deliver solutions tackling urban mobility, vehicle ownership & emergency support needs of its Indian customers.

· Key services are Assisted Navigation with 24x7 Operator Service, Online Service appointment with ePayment, GPS Location based Road Side assistance.

· Toyota Connect India Smartphone app available on Android & iOS platforms exclusively for Toyota’s existing and new customers.
Product Highlights:

· Assisted Navigation with 24x7 dedicated Operator Service: A unique Assisted Navigation service with personalized search support to find any destination of choice, anytime.

· Immersive Navigation experience: Detailed 3D downloadable maps with Live Traffic updates, Enlarged views of Junction & Intersection, Lane guidance, Voice guidance, Speed limit display, upcoming Toll booth voice announcements & more.

· Vehicle Maintenance: Comprehensive ownership support with Timely vehicle Service Reminders, Online Service Appointment & Convenient e-Payments.

· Emergency Service: Enjoy Peace of mind with 24X7 Location (GPS) based Road side Assistance support & simple DIY contents.

Customer Benefits:

· Convenience: Assisted Navigation, Personalized Operator Service, Hassle free ePayments

· Delightful Ownership Experience: Online Service Appointments, Live Service Status, Easy DIY guides.

· Complete Peace of Mind: Location based Road Side Assistance, Toyota Dealer Locator, Timely service reminders & notifications.

New Delhi, 11th July 2017 – In line with its ‘Customer First’ philosophy, Toyota Kirloskar Motor today announced the launch of TOYOTA CONNECT INDIA, a smart phone application based connected services which caters to customer’s mobility & ownership needs in a personalized manner. With this launch Toyota aims at delivering convenience, complete peace of mind while on the road and sheer delight of owning a Toyota Car. The app can be used by customers for all models of Toyota and is available on Android and IOS platform. This futuristic connectivity platform gives customers access to Toyota’s global standards of connected services to Indian customers.

TOYOTA CONNECT INDIA is a fully integrated cloud based connected service platform supported by a dedicated & specialized call center, Toyota’s dealer networks and service providers. Toyota Connect app is an ideal companion of customers on the go and makes sure they can reach Toyota at all places and all times for any assistance.

Toyota Connect app unleashes a world full of interesting features to ensure enhanced ownership pleasure of customers. It offers a unique service of assisted navigation with 24*7 dedicated call centre which helps users to navigate to destination with utmost ease. With an aim to provide a convenient and engaging travel experience, Toyota Connect offers Immersive Navigation Experience with 3D offline maps, lane guidance, speed limit display, enlarged junction and intersection views and real time traffic updates which guides customers to congestion free routes to their destinations. Toyota aims at further enhancing the ‘Customer Satisfaction’ level with the launch of Toyota Connect. To further add to the delight of owning a Toyota Car, Toyota Connect has an intelligent feature of timely service reminders, online service appointments, live service status and convenient e-payment facility.

Speaking about the all-new service offering, Mr. Akitoshi Takemura, Sr. Vice President, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “TOYOTA CONNECT INDIA is in line with our “Customer First” philosophy which promises of convenience, Peace of Mind & a Delightful ownership experience. Customers will undoubtedly appreciate the purposeful services like Assisted Navigation, Online Service appointment with ePayment & GPS location based Road side assistance designed to satiate the discerning Indian customer’s distinctive needs. We have leveraged our global legacy of superior customer experience to launch a service with a strong human connect. We believe the app will redefine ownership experience by establishing a seamless contact point with Toyota customers at all times, so that they feel Toyota is always there for me.
We are the first auto manufacturer offering a dedicated operator service to provide Assisted Navigation like advanced countries. Through our brand new dedicated & personalized operator service, our dealerships & service providers, we will provide the strong Human Touch in our connected services for our valued customers. We certainly believe ‘Toyota Connect’ will help us in further enhancing our customer satisfaction levels and help us in constantly being in touch with our customers.”

Speaking at the launch event, Mr. N Raja, Director & Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Toyota Kirloskar Motor said, “We are delighted to launch the Connected services for our Indian customers today. This is in line with our relentless efforts to be a benchmark in customer satisfaction. Toyota’s principle of Customer First exists for the purpose of providing customers with products and services that earn their smiles. With the launch of ‘Toyota Connect’, we aim at ensuring a seamless, convenient and pleasing ownership experience for Toyota customers. Hence, the platform has been built with careful consideration and application of our global standards of customer privacy and data security.

In the fast paced digital world, we are always working hard to be at the forefront of technology driven change and innovation. With this launch, we aim to play a big role in creating a prosperous mobility society by connecting people, vehicles, and society with an intuitive and responsive technology.”
added Mr Raja

TOYOTA CONNECT will be available for all Toyota vehicles owners & users and can be accessed by registering in the Toyota Connect smartphone app.
Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom