Automotive Scale Models: Show Off Yours!

I received my shipment today and guess what whole excitement turned into disappointment when i took paragon bmw i8 out of the senders packaging . Indian custom officers had successfully managed to damage that car it came to me with broken doors,side mirrors , rear window and windows of both door . Also paint has been scratched badly even the box of car were damaged . While other 2 were fine but had a lot of dust inside and fingerprints .

Last edited:
Nice centy make Tata Indica
For your information you can visit Nearest Tata Showroom and Buy More detailed Die-Cast metal Models of Tata India Vista, Manza, Venture, Aria,Xenon and Nano in 1: 43 scale, they cost from 180 to 300 each. They also have a 1:18 Tata Nano for 1,200 and its very detailed. All this cars are made by Norev.
you can contact them on this email address caraccessorieswh@tatamotors.com
The accessories division also told me that soon Indica, Sumo and Safari model will be made available. I dnt know but in which scale.

[clap][clap]
Hi Sunitch,
Digging up an old post, but did you hear anything from them regards to scale model of Safari in specific.
I am searching for a scale model of Safari for so many days, but there does not seem to be available anywhere. Not even the plastic toy cars whereas other Tata cars like Indica, Indigo, Sumo and even the Xenon are available.

Guys, one from my small collection. Mercedes Benz glk 350. Bought from snapdeal. Excellent product by maisto. This particular model has Windows in all 4 doors and all doors can be opened. Generally maisto don't give 4 window glass in their models.

Attachments

Last edited:
Good News for Mahindra Scale model Lovers!

New Generation SCORPIO scale model is now available for sale in White & Red color and it is available in Metal instead of Plastic.
Previously it was available as Muscular SCORPIO-2009 refresh model but in Plastic (which I have).
Planning to buy one in Red as White one looks dull compare to Red. Hope it will be available in Black & Blue as well also New Age XUV5OO model will be available soon. Fingers Crossed. [:D]

Link to buy Model-
https://mahindraautomotivestore.giftzone.co.in/gift/faces/tiles/category.jsp;jsessionid=0473304CCA52A4622D4E019E0BEEB010.node3?catalogueID=82&categoryID=480&parentCategoryID=&sid=&bid=&prc=&k1=&k2=&k3=&k4=&k5=&k6=&k7=&k8=&k9=&k10=&k11=&k12=
P.S.- Adding some photos of actual Metal New Generation SCORPIO scale model in white added on FB by user Jai Dev.

Attachments

Guys, where i can find honda city, hyundai verna, etc. C segment sedans model?
Mahindra vehicle scale models I received from Mahindra. Just now I have received New Generation SCORPIO Metal Scale model in Red which I brought from their Merchandise website. Pics,I will post soon.
Coming back to your question, Try to contact dealer Or send mail to respective customer care. I did the same & got gift from Mahindra...4 Muscular Scale Models & a Coffee Table book of Scorpio.[clap]

Hope it Helps!!

I have a Maesto scale model of the Mercedes Benz 500K Typ Special roadster 1936
This one to be precise-
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ab/6e/b1/ab6eb1b41d775dec9f375c0cab252d2f.jpg
How do you guys keep it clean? mine catches dust everywhere and isnt going easily :(
I generally use a piece of soft cloth that was provided with a goggle. And also use a soft painting brush for cleaning the interiors. But your 500k is convertible, which means dust accumulation is more than a general model. I advise you to buy a die cast model display box and put the model inside the box after cleaning. In future, if you will buy a model, then, always buy the full window glass types. High end models provides full glass in all 4 Windows.but Hard to find in budget models like maisto, bburago etc.

I have a Maesto scale model of the Mercedes Benz 500K Typ Special roadster 1936
This one to be precise-
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ab/6e/b1/ab6eb1b41d775dec9f375c0cab252d2f.jpg
How do you guys keep it clean? mine catches dust everywhere and isnt going easily :(
Had same issue so I am currently using Plastic wrap to cover the scale model. Yes it looks somewhat ugly [frustration] but it helps to keep scale model free from dust[clap].
Planning to make glass showcase specially for my Scale model collection soon, then planning to use "Clear acrylic case" to keep each model.[:)]

Last edited:
Here is the Scale Model of New Generation SCORPIO from Mahindra Merchandise site. It costed me almost Rs 560/- including service Tax & delivery charges. Got delivery within one day after I made online payment.

Talking about the model, it is almost same like the actual New SCORPIO just few bits here & there are not proper so i took a red & black permanent marker to make it same like actual SCORPIO.

This is the Box in which the SCORPIO came. (of course courier box is removed [;)])
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (1).JPG

Removed from the Box.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (2).JPG

Front side, as always ready to take on anything.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (3).JPG

Side view.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (4).JPG

Bit of up side view.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (5).JPG

Back side. I tried to make D shape lights like OG SCORPIO. Pardon me for my shoddy work.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (6).JPG

I love this one. They made same Alloy wheel design like OG model. Just loved it.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (7).JPG

Another view from upside.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (8).JPG

& Tried some photography styles.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (9).JPG

Back again.
My New Generation SCORPIO Red (10).JPG

I know most of the time scale models are same as the OG model. Here Mahindra did a good job by making scale model of New Generation SCORPIO in Metal. Hope I will get New Age XUV5OO scale model soon from Mahindra.

Last edited:
Anyone looking to buy bburago scale models let me know i have few models which i am thinking to sell off few of mine all in 1:18. [:)]
Hello Bump_that,
I came across your post just now and the mention of bburago models reminded me that I have one too and I thought of sharing the photos in this thread. I am not a collector and I have just this one model. And that too, only because of the odd way in which I acquired it. My ship (the M.V. Planet Ace) was loading at Niigata, Japan in 2000 and I had gone ashore with a shipmate to a haberdashery shop popular with sailors. The shop sold everything from used coffee makers to used scooterettes (with engines upto 60 ccs) & everything in between. While roaming around the huge pile of odds and ends I came across this die-cast scale model (1:18) of the pre-war 1934 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Monza. It was in very good condition, with all functioning parts (steering, side bonnets, fuel filler etc) in operating condition. At the time I had been reading an article (in ‘Car’ magazine) on Alfa Romeo’s pre-war racing successes & I felt that this was too much of a coincidence to ignore. So, after a bit of negotiation I became the proud owner.
This Alfa was a Vittorio Jano design, with a straight-8 engine of 2336 cc, with twin overhead camshafts & a Rootes-type supercharger (turbo-chargers not having attained the popularity/reliability of later years). At that time Alfa Romeo’s racing team was managed by Enzo Ferrari, before he went on to establish his own team, the Scuderia Ferrari. The 8C 2300 won the Le Mans 24 hours from 1931 to 1934 straight.
The bburago model has good detailing, including the green clover leaf motto ("Quadrifoglio Verde") of the racing Alfas of the period, on the bonnet.

Cheers,
Shashanka

Attachments

Top Bottom